Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thermaltake PSU 6-pin PCI-E cable to 3x 4-pin molex connectors  (Read 201 times)
imkane (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:58:04 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but does anyone know if these bad boys are sold anywhere else?

https://ttstoreusa.com/product/4-pin-molex-connector-for-smart-series/

I have this PSU and it only came with 2 of these cables that are needed to connect to my PCI risers. I figured out from trial-and-error that I can use 1 cable for 2 GPUs but not more than that or ethOS becomes unstable. So I'm currently maxed out with 4 GPUs and the other 2 are sitting in their boxes Sad

Thanks in advance!

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:10:36 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but does anyone know if these bad boys are sold anywhere else?

https://ttstoreusa.com/product/4-pin-molex-connector-for-smart-series/

I have this PSU and it only came with 2 of these cables that are needed to connect to my PCI risers. I figured out from trial-and-error that I can use 1 cable for 2 GPUs but not more than that or ethOS becomes unstable. So I'm currently maxed out with 4 GPUs and the other 2 are sitting in their boxes Sad

Thanks in advance!

I have the 1000watt version of this PSU and can run 5 gpus off of the Pci-e connectors (3 cables with 2 (6+2) connectors each).
You should be able to connect more than 4 using just those (unless you are using cards of varying lengths).

The molex 4 pin cables are better suited for risers (not ideal for gpu's) but I believe you can get connectors like the ones below for your gpu's to run of the molex. each molex connector can deliver upto 75watt so keep that in mind for the card you are running.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Express-Video-Power-Adapter/dp/B006PHXLRG
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:39:53 AM

Just to confirm, you're actually looking for a modular cable of molex connectors for your PSU, right?

A 6-pin PCIe (female) to 3x 4-pin molex (male) passive adapter would be an unusual item, since all of the molex connectors would be missing the 5V line.

The PSU end of modular power cables are not standardized well, and 6-pin PCIe power connectors are distinct from the 6-pin connections on the side of a modular PSU.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bigjee

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

Just to confirm, you're actually looking for a modular cable of molex connectors for your PSU, right?

A 6-pin PCIe (female) to 3x 4-pin molex (male) passive adapter would be an unusual item, since all of the molex connectors would be missing the 5V line.

The PSU end of modular power cables are not standardized well, and 6-pin PCIe power connectors are distinct from the 6-pin connections on the side of a modular PSU.

Correct the psu end of the modular cable looks similar to the 6 pin pcie 6 pin cable.
imkane (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:06:15 PM

Yes, it's the molex 4 pin cable I need for my final 2 risers Smiley

I have enough cables to power the GPUs.

The problem is I need LONG cables, like 2 feet, since my final 2 cards are the furthest away from my PSU.

I have the 1000watt version of this PSU and can run 5 gpus off of the Pci-e connectors (3 cables with 2 (6+2) connectors each).
You should be able to connect more than 4 using just those (unless you are using cards of varying lengths).

The molex 4 pin cables are better suited for risers (not ideal for gpu's) but I believe you can get connectors like the ones below for your gpu's to run of the molex. each molex connector can deliver upto 75watt so keep that in mind for the card you are running.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Express-Video-Power-Adapter/dp/B006PHXLRG
imkane (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:18:01 PM

Yes, that's correct. And not only that, I need a LONG cable, approximately 2 feet, since my final 2 GPUs are the furthest away from my PSU.

These cables came with my Thermaltake PSU, except it only included 2 of them and I need 3 of them.

Also I need 6-pin PCI MALE to 4-pin molex FEMALES (opposite of what you mentioned) Wink

bigjee

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:23:57 PM

Yes, that's correct. And not only that, I need a LONG cable, approximately 2 feet, since my final 2 GPUs are the furthest away from my PSU.

These cables came with my Thermaltake PSU, except it only included 2 of them and I need 3 of them.

Also I need 6-pin PCI MALE to 4-pin molex FEMALES (opposite of what you mentioned) Wink

I would check the literature and box contents.
There should be 3 cables as that is what was included with my PSU (2 connectors per cable).
If not then contact thermaltake's CS and they will look into it.
Once you do have the cables you'll need to move the gpu's a bit closer to make the 3rd cable reach (as running of the pci-e cable is most ideal instead of messing around with molex connectors to run the gpus-depnding on what you're running).  doesnt make sense to be running a 1200w psu through molex (just my 2 cents)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: