Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indonesia’s Central Bank is Planning to Ban Bitcoin in 2018  (Read 1479 times)
ivanovhristo14

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:05:50 PM

The great country of Indonesia should think twice, before doing this. You can get tremendous real life benefits from cryptocurrencies. Do you want your citizens to pay big transaction taxes to the banks, do you want to make obstacles to the businesses to operate quick and secure with crypto transfers or you want to stay behind.

▄▀ ▄▀   ☎  ⌘ Calls powered by cryptocurrencies ✆  ▀▄ ▀▄
⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩  Experty.io   ⏪⏪⏪⏪⏪
➪ Experty in TOP ICOs to watch in 2018 by Inc.com |  Twitter medium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

He went on to detail additional restrictive measures by the bank, stating:

We [will] also prevent arbitrage opportunities, unhealthy business practices and business controls by parties outside the legal reach of Indonesia’s laws that could damage the structure of industries here.

detail here https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/indonesia-planning-ban-bitcoin-2018-report/

what do you think about this ?

i think my country not ready to growing with this blockchain era.

From the article I read there, the central bank Governor and the task force Chief have only establish one thing that they have lost the battle to free will of the people and for them to still be relevant they need to result to blackmail which is about encouraging people to invest in legal ventures in other to develop the economy of Indonesia and if that did not work, go for the total ban by forcing them out of the market by blocking every route that could give them the access.

In all, I see them enforcing the rule to send a message to the entire crypto market there to establish how serious they are but at the end, let's see how they want to ensure that because after they must have blocked all the known loopholes they think, other opportunities will begin to surface.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:49:27 PM

The great country of Indonesia should think twice, before doing this. You can get tremendous real life benefits from cryptocurrencies. Do you want your citizens to pay big transaction taxes to the banks, do you want to make obstacles to the businesses to operate quick and secure with crypto transfers or you want to stay behind.

We can't stop governments unless through elections and so the people of Indonesia should rethink and see if the decision is either going to go against them or  for them and  do justice when they next have the chance to elect their country's leaders. I don't think there is much we can  do from here but if it's credible enough then the youth should rise up and defend bitcoin.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:05:58 AM

I think.there should be a clarification first from indonesia if they are.thinking about banning bitcoin or exchanges, since.this is what is usually is happening, the banning of exchanges ut not noy bitcoin. Mostly people who wants to get rid of bitcoin are bankers, and by this time, weshould only lisyen to their government and not banks, since the government.will always have the last word.
Cils05

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:42:49 AM

bi would prohibit payment transactions using bitcoin on the 2018. ban bitcoin this would set in the regulation of bi or PBI according to plan issued in the near future. head of the program transformation bi onny widjanarko said in PBI, electronic money will be out in the near future would set, one of them about bitcoin. "when there is no clear rules if the transaction bitcoin,"bitcoin not set specifically by bi. for it, this time, bi still assessment in depth related bitcoin, whether to set in PBI electronic money or separate, for example later included in the PBI cryptocurrency.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:52:37 AM

AFAIK, they forbid bitcoin because they want to protect people from corruption or money laundry.
For example : we can purchase drug anonymously with bitcoin , that's my government's fear if they decide to legalize bitcoin in the future

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:54:00 AM

This has been a hot news this few months, until now the restrictions is only for transaction and payment using bitcoin because the legal currency is fiat and the central bank has warned about the investment in bitcoin, seems like in 2018 there will be more strict rules, I dont see any discussion toward legalisation, so there's a big chance that central bank will be banning bitcoin,  somehow I really hope that the government will see bitcoin as a useful thing not as a threat
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:12:23 AM

A lot of countries have mentioned about their banks planning to ban bitcoin and its their own prerogative to even come up with that idea. Anyways, if bitcoin still keeps rising despite of the negative feedbacks, eventually these countries will eat their words out and will think about just legalizing cryptocurrencies instead of banning them.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:20:58 AM

He went on to detail additional restrictive measures by the bank, stating:

We [will] also prevent arbitrage opportunities, unhealthy business practices and business controls by parties outside the legal reach of Indonesia’s laws that could damage the structure of industries here.

detail here https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/indonesia-planning-ban-bitcoin-2018-report/

what do you think about this ?

i think my country not ready to growing with this blockchain era.

With news like this that sometimes drive inexperienced people in cryptocurrency or bitcoin to push the panic button. However I think that this is something that we should all prepeare and get used to by now especially that some countries are clearly not ready

Y U MAD AT ME
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:25:23 AM

as far as I know, central Bank of Indonesia never declared it would banned bitcoin.. they are just reminded to be careful when bitcoin users invest their money in bitcoin.. it's true if Indonesia don't accept bitcoin as a payment but the government never prohibit the people to earn or invest in bitcoin..
Disclaimert

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:16:03 AM

Looks like Indonesia wants to buy more Bitcoin...
will indonesia follow china step?
initially they disagree but instead they use it for the benefit of the state?
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

I think Bank Indonesia some time ago has stated that Bitcoin is not a currency and a means of payment. "But Bitcoin can be used as a medium of exchange ...
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:07:47 AM

i am starting to really like all these bans that different countries put up for bitcoin. although most of them are empty talk and never end up in any actions.

whenever a ban happens, it just means that particular country is isolating themselves from the rest of the world. 1 out of 195 countries bans bitcoin, congrats Cheesy
and also more importantly it shows that bitcoin CAN NOT be banned even if the government says it is banned! it is a decentralized cryptocurrency, people will continue using it. it would be like saying they want to ban Torrent network! you are just embarrassing yourself...

There is a FOMO brewing...
podrick17

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:08:22 AM

If they can push it through i think the only thing that the citizen can do is to move on or move to other countries to start trading bitcoin if they really want to do it. But imposing bans on bitcoin in a country for me is a bad move since most of the businesses are going towards the blockchain era just like what you have said and your country might get behind in development matters with respect to other countries that are embracing the idea of cryptocurrencies.

muhammad-adnanzain

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:11:16 AM

I think this country policy, goverment can only banned the activity.  User still can use cryptocurrency to invest but not legitimate by the government.  The issue here is government  want to sweep mybe this will cause clash action from user.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:16:05 AM

Looks like Indonesia wants to buy more Bitcoin...
Naturally, if you think so, it may be due to circulate similar news that one of the countries will leave bitcoin but in fact the country is even buy up bitcoin out. I think Indonesia will not do the same thing, Indonesia bans bitcoin if bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange because in Indonesia the only legitimate means of exchange is rupiah, if bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange the value of rupiah will decrease.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

there are plenty of rumour regarding bitcoin and government in indonesia but most of indonesian people still can use bitcoin until today because own bitcoin not against the law and currently they only prohibit bitcoin to use to physical stores and daily transactions because indonesia government said they only consider bitcoin as digital asset but not as the currencies which is can use on everywhere
Nothing will happen to bitcoin is Indonesian bank ban bitcoin because before Indonesian china also ban bitcoin and know we can see that where is bitcoin don’t care about any ban as a replace of Indonesia and china some other countries have already make bitcoin legal and recently Indian bank also accept bitcoin which is a very good thing for bitcoin and some more banks are also going to accept bitcoin because bitcoin is the only currency which can help to any country.
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:47:31 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 08:54:50 AM by Alalex

This is not true ..

Because the new Indonesian government inaugurated bitcoin some time ago, I see clearly social media from bitcoin to Indonesia officially open, if you are born from the country of Indonesia and ask such questions, then you do not want to see progress in your country.
There is no central bank word for Indonesia to remove bitcoin in 2018.
Because the Indonesian government has just inaugurated bitcoin in Indonesia.
Bitcoin is a fiat currency for future success, which can change the economy from a weak financial state.

hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:23:52 AM

Indonesians should not let this happen. You guys should sign a petition regarding this issue. Bitcoin somehow helps to decrease unemployment rate not just in your country but also in neighboring nations. I'm sure the Indonesian government will do something and they will hear your voices. Hopefully they will lift and stop the banning to your country.

fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:11:55 AM

I guess this whole blockchain technology brings a lot of threat to banks and the government because of it being decentralized and anonymous. I understand their stand of protecting their market and investors. But I think that technological advancement and creating regulations could go a long way as well. This said, where the balance between security versus advancement arises, I'm sure there are other ways where we can make both ends meet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: