Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining management tool, looking for beta testers & early feedbacks  (Read 361 times)
thoaionline (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:12:28 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:12:31 AM by thoaionline

Hi all,

I run a Saas business that is getting close to v0.1 and am looking for early feedbacks & beta testers. I previously missed this sub-forum for https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0, which is not very active.

Anyway, we are building a tool that helps with the management of mining operations. The main idea is that as miners, we should be in control of our pools & rigs, and shouldn't have to entrust our coins to one particular pool. We initially planned to stay in incognito mode until alpha release is ready but following the NiceHash hack, we thought it may be best to announce the idea earlier, get some community interests and early feedbacks.

Our business model.

* Freemium, try to get as many users as we can into the system. If you check out the landing page, the Founders Edition pricing pretty much **just** covers the operating cost. I started mining as a hobbyist, and it's just fair to my past self to give this gift for free.
* Our main revenue source is from larger-scale miners, who want or need more sophisticated tools.
* Behind the scene, GX is really an AI company. We want to build the most advanced mining solution, then branch out to other fields. To do that, we'll need a lot of data, experience, and friends. And when we thought of it, crypto miners are probably the best friends we hope to have in the AI world Smiley

I have a few questions for you:

* As a miner, how do you feel about the general idea of the project?
* Does this project appeal to your need, will you sign up? If not, what's your main hesitation?
* Are you willing to pay for this kind of service? If so, what's a fair price point for you? If not, why not?
* What other features that you think may be useful for this kind of project.

I'll be hanging around this thread to answer any questions. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Here are the project details:

GPU Exchange - Crypto Mining Made Easy
URL: https://gpu.exchange

Features

* Mine with any pools
* Automatically switch mining algorithms to always mine the best coin.
* Powerful dashboard & real-time stats
* Centralised control of your mining rigs.
* Open-source agent. => Trust no one, including us
* Predict coin price to optimise for selling time. (Mostly applicable to large-scale miners)
* Automatic cashout via supported pool & exchanges (Planning to support PoloniEx in v0.1 because those guys have good API). In terms of security, your API key will never reach our server.

To use NiceHash as an example, mining directly with your pools via GX will give you higher earning (no NH commission). However, you will need to reach minimum earning by each pool instead of getting credit immediately for a piece of work. If you mine at a medium/large scale, this probably will be more profitable for you.

Another key benefit of using a service like this is less dependency on any pool if they go down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blockrockmining

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:47:17 AM

How does this work? Does it require an agent to run on each rig, or can it remotely connect to miner APIs?
thoaionline (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

How does this work? Does it require an agent to run on each rig, or can it remotely connect to miner APIs?

A generic agent will run on each rig and control the coin-specific miners. It calls GX API to know which coin to mine and activates the corresponding mining agent. It also sends mining status/data to the API for reporting. You can think of this as a meta-agent.

https://i.imgur.com/6GslTAp.png

Compare this against mining directly via a pool

https://i.imgur.com/vwRGcoH.png

or mining via a marketplace like NiceHash

https://i.imgur.com/KURXUlv.png
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:38:10 AM

Which OS is supportet?
thoaionline (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:32:22 AM

Which OS is supportet?

The agent will be cross-platform so in theory, it should run on any OS. We should be able to utilize most of the existing open-source and proprietary miners that are available today for the actual mining.

For example, the headless, proof-of-concept agent that we wrote originally can interface with NH's Excavator. However, we are more biased toward open-sourced miners & algorithms in production and wants to support the open-source mining community as much as possible.

Having said that, we plan to focus on the platform where most beta participants are (which will be either Linux or Windows, following an internal survey), then expand to less-popular OS-s.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: