Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I shared my id photos to cex.io and started paranoia  (Read 436 times)
varols (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:32:35 PM

Is it safe to share id informations to the exchange sites, is someone can do with these? I'm feeling like someone will use my id informations for the crimes at any moment. Can someone help me about this thought, i even can't sleep in peace now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:07:45 PM

Is it safe to share id informations to the exchange sites, is someone can do with these? I'm feeling like someone will use my id informations for the crimes at any moment. Can someone help me about this thought, i even can't sleep in peace now.

CEX.io requires verification because they apply AML and KYC policies, so far I have not heard any complaints about member information so i think it's safe

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
andamers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:25:46 PM

yes your information can’t be shared with 3rd part.

try to make legal deals because your id will play as escrow
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

CEX.io requires verification because they apply AML and KYC policies, so far I have not heard any complaints about member information so i think it's safe

But it is not guaranteed that they will not hack and how can people know even if they share our informations to some bad people selling the ids in dark web? I'm sorry about that i have really bad paranoia these days i don't know why like this.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:12:45 PM

First I also used to get confused when i submit my id proof in any website. Then a friend of mine suggested me to take print out of colored scan copy of the id proof and on the side of the id proof copy just mention submitting this proof to cex.io or what ever it is and again take a scanned copy of it and send it . If you do like trust me,  none of the sites can misuse your id proof.
Usine

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:26:51 PM

Whoever downvoted this, please leave a reason why. My anger about them is not justified?
Kesecer

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:27:13 PM

Whoever downvoted this, please leave a reason why. My anger about them is not justified?

Sounds like a very frustrating and nerve-racking situation but at least they're communicating with you which is good.
I upvoted you because your experience and feedback may help someone else.
Amial

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:27:36 PM

Sounds like a very frustrating and nerve-racking situation but at least they're communicating with you which is good.

You are right, but I believe that account related issues must be resolved within few days and support must be fast because priority is High. They created this whole situation and after that I have to wait for them. Very poor support. Companies like cex.io make so huge profit monthly, but still cannot invest some money for proper support. They do not even have call support which seems fishy to me.
Bamel

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

You are right, but I believe that account related issues must be resolved within few days and support must be fast because priority is High. They created this whole situation and after that I have to wait for them. Very poor support. Companies like cex.io make so huge profit monthly, but still cannot invest some money for proper support. They do not even have call support which seems fishy to me.

I hope your situation gets resolved soon. Keep us updated!
Rludd

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:28:25 PM

Our apologies for this long negotiations and misunderstanding. To protect users security we need to prove the identity, although we understand it can be irritating. Glad your case was resolved and account enabled.
Usine

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:29:09 PM

Our apologies for this long negotiations and misunderstanding. To protect users security we need to prove the identity, although we understand it can be irritating. Glad your case was resolved and account enabled.

I've read many people that have problem with their withdrawal and it some situations it seems like they do more than a month to solve it. Hope you solve this asap.
Kesecer

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:29:29 PM

I've read many people that have problem with their withdrawal and it some situations it seems like they do more than a month to solve it. Hope you solve this asap.

Can you send us your user id or ticket number, we will check what the problem is
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

First I also used to get confused when i submit my id proof in any website. Then a friend of mine suggested me to take print out of colored scan copy of the id proof and on the side of the id proof copy just mention submitting this proof to cex.io or what ever it is and again take a scanned copy of it and send it . If you do like trust me,  none of the sites can misuse your id proof.

I already sent my id photos by using just phone camera after that started paranoia at me. I had not done like your said. And paranoia is continuing, this comment didn't help to me, is there other consolation to me? 
bear100

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:03:44 PM

Every exchange can be hacked and the information can be stolen. So no one is safe in the world of crypto. Thus we all should proceed with AML/KYC policy to be able to make profits.

p.s. want to enlarge your paranoia?) google "coinbase reveals its customer data"  Wink
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:02:53 PM

Every exchange can be hacked and the information can be stolen. So no one is safe in the world of crypto. Thus we all should proceed with AML/KYC policy to be able to make profits.

p.s. want to enlarge your paranoia?) google "coinbase reveals its customer data"  Wink
Every exchange can be hacked but idk why a lot of people reccomend me cex.io and i realized after register there are not a lot of people on social accounts etc. This make me feel worse, if i use coinbase i will be burned with much more people but now... Is it stupid thought of my paranoia ?
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:36:43 PM

We don't know, this world is risky.
If you want to use an exchange, you need to verify your account or maybe you can't withdraw.

If you don't wanna share your personal informations you can do p2p transactions that is risky too.
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:02:30 PM

We don't know, this world is risky.
If you want to use an exchange, you need to verify your account or maybe you can't withdraw.

If you don't wanna share your personal informations you can do p2p transactions that is risky too.

And the bad thing is when you sent your information one time you can't bring it back, it will be forever in internet, that make me feel worse. Even when you change your id card just few informations are changing.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:05:05 PM

No, and if someone uses your ID's photos or your information, you can just hire a lawyer because you know that cex.io is the only one who has your info (if you haven't send your photos to another exchange)

Is it safe to share id informations to the exchange sites, is someone can do with these? I'm feeling like someone will use my id informations for the crimes at any moment.

But you should not be worried about this, they are only asking for that kind of information because they are just using the kyc and aml regulations, it is normal.

The same applies on bittrex, poloniex, and so many others, they are being very stricts at the moment.

And no one is going to make a crime with your info, because those photos are safely stored.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:07:36 PM

If you don't feel comfortable to do that then don't. The issue there is trust. If you want to open an account and they ask you for details or even a passport and you have to go to the extent of giving your biometric its because you trust that your information is safe which you will always have the option to not follow it through. So in this case you can try other site that does not require such information from you and you don't have anything to worry about.
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:28:45 AM

If you don't feel comfortable to do that then don't. The issue there is trust. If you want to open an account and they ask you for details or even a passport and you have to go to the extent of giving your biometric its because you trust that your information is safe which you will always have the option to not follow it through. So in this case you can try other site that does not require such information from you and you don't have anything to worry about.

The problem is i already sent my informations, everything happened too fast. After i sent i became like ''What did you do? Are you crazy you've sent your all personal informations to someone who doesn't even you know! They are now in internet and someone can find it now, it can't be safe in internet forever'' Tell me stupid or someting but it happened like this. And i know there are other people like me crypto moneys charm and become blind the people for a moment.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:35:41 AM

Cex.io is regulated by the financial authority, hence your personal data are protected. Feel free to share. Just don’t think about it and you will be fine.
In case of hack, someone might steal your credentials, but it can happen in any site you share your identity.
bear100

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:25:45 AM

Cex.io is regulated by the financial authority, hence your personal data are protected. Feel free to share. Just don’t think about it and you will be fine.
In case of hack, someone might steal your credentials, but it can happen in any site you share your identity.

I doubt that any of exchange has fully regulated mechanism or jurisdiction. In Japan there are some actions from the government to legalize crypto exchanges, but this is only the beginning of the road. For now, the risk is high. But high risk = high potential profit.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:45:06 AM

Well, they are registered with FINCEN and are thus a money transmitter, so they need to comply with AML/KYC regulations. They laid out their policy a few years ago, so it's nothing new. They've been around for years and they're a legitimate exchange (as far as those who operate without state MSB licenses go, anyway).

But in general, I minimize the identity documents and personal information I give to altcoin exchanges. They generally say nothing about complying with data protection laws, and historically, database leaks are rampant. I had my ID and other information leaked from MT Gox several years ago. I don't intend for it to happen again. So these days, I stick to Changelly and Shapeshift, decentralized exchanges, or Bitmex for trading high cap altcoins with leverage.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
varols (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

Well, they are registered with FINCEN and are thus a money transmitter, so they need to comply with AML/KYC regulations. They laid out their policy a few years ago, so it's nothing new. They've been around for years and they're a legitimate exchange (as far as those who operate without state MSB licenses go, anyway).

But in general, I minimize the identity documents and personal information I give to altcoin exchanges. They generally say nothing about complying with data protection laws, and historically, database leaks are rampant. I had my ID and other information leaked from MT Gox several years ago. I don't intend for it to happen again. So these days, I stick to Changelly and Shapeshift, decentralized exchanges, or Bitmex for trading high cap altcoins with leverage.
What did you do after leak and is something happened bad?
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: