Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:25:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how risky is day trading?  (Read 2367 times)
kuronokishi10 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:45:55 PM

With the unpredictable changes in bitcoin price people have chose to hold instead of day trading,I mean the majority have.
How risky is day trading at the moment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:58:33 PM

With the unpredictable changes in bitcoin price people have chose to hold instead of day trading,I mean the majority have.

Its very risky nowadays because bitcoins value now are so volatile and very unpredictable, there will have a big pump and after a moment will be a big dump. Its more safe if you will just go for a long term trading and wait for your goal to reach for long term.

Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

I think day trading is very risky because bitcoin's value changes for time to time. It goes up, and also goes down (a little) on the same day. I think the best way is to wait. Buy bitcoin when its value is low, then sell it when its value rises. Also consider the % profit that you can get from it.
kunsh

Activity: 145
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:34:28 PM

ohh, I tried once and I don't want to try anymore Smiley you can loose a lot because you never know where price will go except if you have luck. This times are little tricky for trade except if you want to risk
Uses

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:34:33 PM

I would not recommend day trading unless you have a software to do it, or have a really big capital. It's just not worth the time and effort personally. Also, with fees for each trade, I don't see it being as profitable as just holding onto the coin long term. Highly unpredictable and requires a ton of luck and knowledge for it to be successful. I'd stay with investing.

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:40:32 PM

Every trading is risky because you are only speculating based on news , rumor and historical charts. Some times the chart will repeat itself  but will result to a different outcome than expected. That is how risky trading is. In day trading you are trading with short or medium time frame which always make difficult to get the best out of your trade. It is either you comeout of the trade so early or stay more than required thereby resulting to a loss.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:49:12 PM

Its very risky nowadays because bitcoins value now are so volatile and very unpredictable, there will have a big pump and after a moment will be a big dump. Its more safe if you will just go for a long term trading and wait for your goal to reach for long term.

If you watch the trade you have opened and you have to watch the price changes always. That is enough to make the trading successful buddy. You will find the most profitable trade in bitrex site if you do your day trade that site.
Whatever the investment you are making you will be find a risk factor along with that but other then trading there are some investment option available here in the forum and outside to put your investment in the right path.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:05:27 PM

Emotion is also a thing to consider when trading on a daily basis; people tend to watch graphs all day and could begin to make irrational decisions based on the smallest fluctuations in value. They could see a huge jackpot around the corner with a small uptrend or utter doom when the value of a certain coin goes down a bit. Don't know if this is a thing with all day-traders but it certainly played a role in my case. This is why I quitted day-trading and only change my assets on the market when significant changes occur.
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:09:01 PM

Right now volatility is pretty high when it comes to bitcoin and whenever there is higher volatility there is always a greater risk, however when there is higher volatility there is also the potential for greater rewards. As long as you are sensible with cutting your losses etc and not panicking you shouldn't ever lose a huge portion. By that I mean max 10-20%.

alphalifter304

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:12:54 PM

If gambling is 10 on a risk scale 1-10 I would say trading is a 7, you can help the risk by studying the charts over and over again but you can really lose money fast with a few bad trades,and the time that it takes(very time consuming).
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:00:57 PM

I never tried to do it, because I don't want to risk my coins, but I confess that I'm quite curious about it. I know everyone says its very hard to day trade, but since crypto is so volatile, shouldn't it be easy? If I'm not mistaken when people day trade, they ask for very small variations in the price, so during an entire day, how is t possible for them not to get the price they are asking? Day traders are usually happy with 1% to 5% daily profit, doesn't bitcoin vary much more than this on any given day? So how hard can it be for them to trade somewhere in the middle, and get at list 1% profit variation.

I apologize if I'm saying something very stupid, like I said I never tried to, because I heard everyone saying it's very hard. I always get the impression that if people don't use stop losses, and just wait for the market to go their way eventually, they should at least get 1% profit, but I guess I'm wrong.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:29:50 PM

Honestly, trading is very risky especially in this period. Furthermore, the current value of bitcoin is very high. It's probably going to  continue along these lines and maybe there will be a big rise in the upcoming future. Even in this time I advise you to stop trading until there are solutions to overcome these difficulties. You can also replace trading with many jobs, for example signature campaign or freelance.
Calligiato

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:02:01 PM

Just don't let your emotions influence your investing desicions...
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:47:02 AM

Daily trading in Bitcoin is very profitable in comparison with holding it.
the price spike is far enough to make people earn 10-30% daily profit.
Bitcoin's daily trading risk is when Bitcoin prices continue to rise and you're late to buy it.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:04:22 AM

The level of the risk depend on the your strategy, if you have good risk management and good trading plan so the risk will be lower. Because now the price soar for the better doing short trade and take profit between 10%-30% and then wait again with patient to get deepest price. Dont be greedy and keep emotion will enable to gain consistent profit.

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:10:47 AM

You'll get loss if decides day trading at this moment, you should wait until next year ( Februari 2018 ) to start day trading with bitcoin. This December, bitcoin price has no significant move ( my opinion ) and get low volume. That's is not a good sign to replace money in trade/ invest, for safety you should wait. My analyze maybe different with others, I see from news to get the right moment to buy/ sell, so you can call me " speculation " person. Choice on you and have a nice day.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:57:36 AM

From a couple of weeks, after crossing the five figure mark, Bitcoin prices have become unpredictable even for the most active of day traders. This comes with factors such as volatility which is pressing the price downwards while developments like Bitcoin futures which is pushing it upwards. With all of this and more in play, getting a estimate on the price of Bitcoin at a particular point of the day accurately becomes all the more difficult and could even lead to losses if utmost care is not taken while trading.
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 06:37:06 AM

Day trading in bitcoin, is quite profitable, but though risky because of the massive increase and decrease in price; one cannot really ascertain when it would either go up or come down. But embarking on a proper technical analysis, might be of help - to aid you know when to either buy or sell. But since the movement of bitcoin, is an upward trend, it is advisable to know when to enter a buy position.

std1391

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

bitcoin is love

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:42:13 AM

these days it is very risky coz market is not stable , and it has sharp up and down , it is like the ocion , when it is floody and stormy u better dont go fishing!

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:54:04 AM

Day trading is as risky as playing gambling! Though if you have time to learn how to interpret candlestick formations and charting, you will reduce the level of risk and you will increase your level of rewards. Day traders use 15 to 30 minutes charts which is very hard to predict price movement of assets pricing. Therefore, you should not going into it without adequate knowledge on how it works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: