Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:30:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  
Author Topic: how risky is day trading?  (Read 2368 times)
winterblues

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:28:15 PM

Acouple things I've learned over the last several months that have hurt me big time, but I have learned from and dont do anymore are:

Just because theres a big green wall doesnt always mean its going to go up, same with the red wall doesnt mean its going to go down. It changes very quickly.
    If you wake up in the morning and you see that its been going up for the past hr or 2 dont just jump in cause of fomo. For the most part I now just figure I missed that jump, cause its bitten me too many times.
    If the shits hitting the fan try really hard not to sell. This could bite you in the ass either way, but most of the time if you sell you will get it worse then if you hadnt.
    Patience is 100% needed. Dont think your trades need to be completed within 5 mins. You may sell at a high and have to wait 24hrs or more to then buy back in at your price.
    When you do get to a point that you have made a realistic amount (i.e. gone from 75ltc to 110lts) maybe its time to stop risking, cause you cant always win and what if you miss that 100%+ gain because you continuing to day trade?

Just some stupid things that I have done and learned from.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:38:30 PM

It simply can become addictive to trader,  it takes a shot of time a day and can be very stressful.  I tried daily trading in the most beginning, but decided to move on concrete price targets and holding till 'a moment to come'.  That way I have cool head and a lot of free time for other kind of things.
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

It requires fast and accurate decisions, so the danger of doing something without strategy may lead to serious loosing of profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:44:06 PM

Day trading. It can be very risky for non experienced traderds. Even if you are experienced there is still some risk involved. Noone is daytrading without risk. All you can do is to reduce it as much as possible.
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:25:10 AM

Day trading in general is more risky than long term trading because of the increased volatility and the fact that fundamentals have almost no weight in the price action, so it is more difficult to make accurate predictions.

hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:39:01 AM

It's very risky that you might end up in a huge loss. Day trading trading requires lot of skills in reading the movements of the chart. But a success  in trading daily is also a huge profit.

mumpungiso

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:46:21 AM

For bitcoin is very risky to trading these day. Because in the market the value is unstable. But if you want or brave to do it, that's up to you. Please decided for your self and be wise. Smiley
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:10:49 AM

With the unpredictable changes in bitcoin price people have chose to hold instead of day trading,I mean the majority have.
How risky is day trading at the moment?

Its very risky nowadays because bitcoins value now are so volatile and very unpredictable, there will have a big pump and after a moment will be a big dump. Its more safe if you will just go for a long term trading and wait for your goal to reach for long term.
Day trading is risk if youre careless yet its profitable that everyday you earn. But for me i would rather trade for some ico in presale and wait for the outcome of the project so in that way you will not risk because every campaign successful or not. The value is still in progress after all by tge development team always find ways to higher the value and more progress indeed.

trang1188

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:53:51 AM

trading day is vey tired and difficult,you allaway see market,you allway have to buy-sell,if you don't buy-sell correct you can be stuck with market. the changing of market will make you confusion,it is easy mistake,i think you should trading long term
welcome kamu

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

usually a lot of people do day trading on cheap altcoin, they see a fast price movement and do not know anything about the potential coin, the risk is great because it could be when they buy the price down and never come back
clex_us

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:40:21 PM

Actually like what I said earlier risk is a inevitable phenomenon. We should always incurred in all aspects in order to make some backup plan incase that there is a loss happen during your trading transaction.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:55:19 PM

Actually like what I said earlier risk is a inevitable phenomenon. We should always incurred in all aspects in order to make some backup plan incase that there is a loss happen during your trading transaction.
How risky determines your own trading style or strategy, if you are good trader then the lesser risk that you will experience. Day trading is very risky if you are not knowledgeable with the circumstances in trading so basically the risk is all about your skills.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:57:13 PM

Risk is everywhere in the house, you always incur or consider the threat of risk in all aspects most especially in investment.
Since the trading job is difficult to do so, the risk bare with it make the job even more harder which lots of people suffered from loss.
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:20:56 PM

Risk is everywhere in the house, you always incur or consider the threat of risk in all aspects most especially in investment.
Since the trading job is difficult to do so, the risk bare with it make the job even more harder which lots of people suffered from loss.
If you compare blood every day and gambling, it is better to work in the field of trade in crypto currency, because there are much fewer risks. The most important factor in favor of trade is the factor that enables you to control all trade. Your success depends on you.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:41:53 PM

daily trading is also a good way, but this strategy is more suitable for the big fluctuation coins. and besides, if you dont have enough trading skills and time to follow the market 24/24, you should not trade.

I think most people don't have the time or experience to do well on day trading which is why people tend to hold and wait. I also think that's a safer bet, especially if you're in more legitimate projects.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:43:55 PM

When we venture into something, we do not only consider the risk, or course the reward is worth considering as well.
In trading there is a big risk of losing our money but if risk what we can afford to lose then it will be alright even if we loss it, but the brighter
side is when we succeed because we can consistently grow our money.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:48:34 PM

According to my experience as a forex trader, day trading has become my safest and most consistent way to guarantee a stable return over the years, because in the Forex market it is possible to obtain great returns even with low fluctuations due to the great leverage.

However I have noticed that the crypto market is quite different from conventional markets, so despite my attempts in this market it has not been easy for me to replicate the profitability I have achieved in forex, so here I have only limited myself to buy promising altcoins and hold them as a long-term investment.
financialgoal

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:03:28 PM

Day trading is as risky as playing gambling! Though if you have time to learn how to interpret candlestick formations and charting, you will reduce the level of risk and you will increase your level of rewards.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:23:19 AM

daily trading is also a good way, but this strategy is more suitable for the big fluctuation coins. and besides, if you dont have enough trading skills and time to follow the market 24/24, you should not trade.

I think most people don't have the time or experience to do well on day trading which is why people tend to hold and wait. I also think that's a safer bet, especially if you're in more legitimate projects.

Yes it is that a lot of people dont have time to make day trading and also knowledge on how they can manage it for holding is what they just have to do with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  

Jump to: