Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☃☃☃ The .01 Theory ☃☃☃  (Read 495 times)
Lancelot04

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:33:02 AM

Most people own less than .01 BTC

The fees to sell or transfer this .01 BTC is getting absurdly expensive and will continue to rise. My theory is the fees will become so high that most people will just hold onto their BTC rather than sell. Especially when the cost to send .01BTC cost more than .01BTC. Eventually the addresses holding huge amounts of BTC will start to sell. It will clog the blockchain and fee prices will sky rocket even more. The transfers will take longer and longer to confirm and everything will get "stuck". I believe this will fuel more and more panic selling as everyone tries to cash out at the same time.

What do you think about bitcoin fees and the .01 theory?  Shocked

As you said, it is just a theory. Don't make things more complicated please, people will just get scared and eventually will affect the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:55:47 AM

The fees to sell or transfer this .01 BTC is getting absurdly expensive and will continue to rise. My theory is the fees will become so high that most people will just hold onto their BTC rather than sell. Especially when the cost to send .01BTC cost more than .01BTC. Eventually the addresses holding huge amounts of BTC will start to sell. It will clog the blockchain and fee prices will sky rocket even more. The transfers will take longer and longer to confirm and everything will get "stuck". I believe this will fuel more and more panic selling as everyone tries to cash out at the same time.

Isn't it the bitcoin network is trying their best to fix the congestion in the blockchain? I just read a tweet of blockchain recently regarding this issue and they are doing everything they can so that we can have smooth transactions again. This may be due to the surging price of bitcoin that a lot of us are doing transactions with it. Nobody will believe your theory, it will never come to that point where we will be forced to hold our bitcoin and do nothing about it because of those high transaction fees you are saying.
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:06:09 AM

when bitcoin price is too expensive and the fees are too high then we need something else to replace this and we have bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold already which is not too high to pay the fee. we can use bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold to send the amount of bitcoin and I think at the time of confirming is not take too long from this two of bitcoin. maybe I don't much about bitcoin, bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold but it is just my opinion from an ordinary person.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: