Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlockMedx - Combating the Opioid Crisis on the Blockchain  (Read 446 times)
BlockMedx (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:14:21 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 04:32:30 PM by BlockMedx

This thread will be continuously updated as progress is made and more information is made available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bsean

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:19:18 AM

This is the best use of Blockchain Technology to date.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:28:35 AM

You will need a lot of retail contracts to make this possible and do some real fight with abusers. I will you good luck, you need it.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tonytamps

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:36:47 AM

Alright! This is interesting.

I would have loved to have seen something more than a hifi prototype before ICO but I really like the idea.
Best of luck.
ammosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:48:37 AM

Methinx the crisis is less due to forged Rx and more due to Rx issued at will and resale of controlled meds - a good part of WV population lives by buying prescription drugs and selling them online.

Ho ho ho! Have you been good? Get ready for your SantaToken!
FREE SantaTokens -- Airdrop just finished
Totally free -- no pay2play - no posts - no tweets - no sigs
Tahoetone

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:41:37 AM

This is a great example of the Blockchain addressing one of society's most vexing problems. It may not be the entire solution but when you consider that more people die in the United States from the Opioid Crisis than from drunk drivers each year, this project deserves all of our support. The next person to die from Opioid abuse will be someone's son or daughter, sister or brother. The tokens you buy could be going towards saving the life of someone you love. Go BlockMedX!
bsean

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:06:58 PM

This is the type of project that is difficult to stop thinking about. I believe that the US Accredited Investors that contribute to BlockMedx are going to be glad that they seized this opportunity straight away. You only need a project or two like this and your set. Blockchain Technology at its best, without a doubt!! Go BlockMedx!!!!!!!
Tahoetone

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Here is a quote from the Financial Times just yesterday https://www.ft.com/content/3685b678-dc68-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

"The push comes as policymakers struggle to contain a crisis that has been declared a public health emergency by President Donald Trump, with more than 59,000 Americans dying from drug overdose deaths last year."
Someone should tell the struggling policy makers about BlockMedX
BlockMedx (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:17:57 PM

You will need a lot of retail contracts to make this possible and do some real fight with abusers. I will you good luck, you need it.

Thank you!  We intend to build a platform that will allow us to help millions of people across the country.
JackLondon

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:38:51 PM

Thank you!  We intend to build a platform that will allow us to help millions of people across the country.

I think your project has global potential and that it will one day be adopted by the United Nations and used for Global Tracking of Schedule II Controlled Substances Opioid Specific.
JackLondon

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:49:52 PM

Here is a quote from the Financial Times just yesterday https://www.ft.com/content/3685b678-dc68-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

"The push comes as policymakers struggle to contain a crisis that has been declared a public health emergency by President Donald Trump, with more than 59,000 Americans dying from drug overdose deaths last year."
Someone should tell the struggling policy makers about BlockMedX

I agree. 59k Americans in one year. If that is truly accurate we are talking about nearly the same amount of Americans we lost in the Vietnam War but in only one year. I want to see BlockMedx help every Country around the world save lives and hopefully they all can get their addictions treated instead of having to die or go to jail.
JackLondon

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

Guys,

Lets keep bumping this thread up +1 so that we can keep this great project front and center at the top so everyone can learn about this.
Panadero

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:55:52 PM

Gracias +1
Panadero

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:02:33 PM

Methinx the crisis is less due to forged Rx and more due to Rx issued at will and resale of controlled meds - a good part of WV population lives by buying prescription drugs and selling them online.

Gracias +1

Big problem in many other states as well.
bsean

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:55:14 PM

For those that want to be involved in Nobel type Solutions lets try our best to keep BlockMedx up on top for everyone to see!!!! Thanks!!!
Elmer-Fud

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:16:10 AM

I showed up here with intentions to FUD this forum. I have no idea why there is not mass activity here but it looks to be kind of slow. This is a good project run by real people. My guess is that the bulk of the people would rather contribute to vaporware developments that never get developed and are always backed by people with unusual sounding usernames and never short on pretend dream scenarios. So if I can't FUD this project I might as well support it until word gets out and a solid community begins to form.
S3cco

Activity: 2035
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:57:43 PM

Bitcoin Garden: Managing The Opioid Epidemic Through BlockMedX
https://bitcoingarden.org/managing-opioid-epidemic-blockmedx/

There is an epidemic in the United States. And it involves drugs. Drug overdose causes far too many deaths. And over half of the deaths caused by drug overdose involve an opioid. Shockingly and sadly, opioid overdose causes 91 deaths per day in the United States alone.

This means that the majority of drug overdoses are not coming from illegal drugs (although some opioids like heroin are illegal). Instead they’re coming from drugs like morphine, oxycodone, Vicodin and Demerol. These drugs are helpful when they’re used to diminish pain. However like all opiates, they are highly addictive and can easily be abused when not under the direct supervision of a prescribing doctor.

If these drugs are so addictive, why are doctors prescribing enough to cause a drug overdose? Therein lies our problem. It only takes watching a few episodes of your favorite soap opera to know how easy it is to forge a prescription in order to secure more opioids....

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
lexixon

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

Check out the new BlockMedx ANN post and the other exciting stuff that has just been released for this project!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3294761.0

https://blockmedx.com
Stephanie14

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:59:07 AM

This is the type of project that is difficult to stop thinking about. I believe that the US Accredited Investors that contribute to BlockMedx are going to be glad that they seized this opportunity straight away. You only need a project or two like this and your set. Blockchain Technology at its best, without a doubt!! Go BlockMedx!!!!!!!

I agree on that fact that it has been mentioned in some articles that  part of the solution to the opioids crisis in the US would be  controlling prescription opioid distribution while maintaining access for patients with legitimate medical needs.A problem that needs urgent action, if we consider  that teenagers accounted for 68 percent of opioid overdose deaths. However, besides goodwill how with the contributors benefit from such project?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: