Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase plans to integrate SegWit  (Read 93 times)
Aura (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:28:56 PM

The news is more than a week old, however I thought it was worth mentioning. Not because I use their service but rather due to their high influence on the network. The implementation of SegWit could mean drastically improved transaction times, which means lower fees. This might temporary reduce the scalability problem, I hope more wallets will follow.

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-reveals-segwit-integration-developers-working-on-bitcoin-infrastructure
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:41:51 PM

Well, that's a good news because bitcoin network is facing a huge congestion and higher fees due to that. So implementation of segwit at least solve some scalability issue that the network is currently facing. I hear that some other wallet provider has already implemented the same. But if coinbase can do it, I believe many other wallet service provider would be interested in the same. At this point, we really need faster transaction confirmation time as well as lower fees.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:32:38 AM

The fact that one of the biggest bitcoin companies in the world, with over 13 million users, doesn't have SegWit while others exchanges like Bitstamp and Bitwala have already implemented it says a lot about Coinbase. They should be providing the latest technological improvements to their users.
Let's see if they can integrate SegWit before the end of the year.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:04:32 AM

Well it was about time. I don't know why it took them so long? They have over 13 million users and are growing every week and one would expect that they would implement this long time ago. Reducing the fees will be welcomed by all of their users and will reduce the global impact of the rising fees.
Aura (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:55:44 PM

Well it was about time. I don't know why it took them so long? They have over 13 million users and are growing every week and one would expect that they would implement this long time ago. Reducing the fees will be welcomed by all of their users and will reduce the global impact of the rising fees.
It's the customers that want lower fees, Coinbase doesn't necessary care about it. They won't profit more then they already do when they implement SegWit, as they don't receive the fees. It will cost Coinbase money to develop SegWit implementation for their platform, I guess they rather take their time and save money. Their customers don't have to know that they can impact the transaction fees unless they tell them. Although I dislike this way of entrepreneurship, I kind of understand their decision, it's all about making profit.
buiting

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

The news is more than a week old, however I thought it was worth mentioning. Not because I use their service but rather due to their high influence on the network. The implementation of SegWit could mean drastically improved transaction times, which means lower fees. This might temporary reduce the scalability problem, I hope more wallets will follow.

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-reveals-segwit-integration-developers-working-on-bitcoin-infrastructure

yes it’s good fee is so high and network is busy
i have more than 3 days wait to get my money

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Marlos

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:19:29 PM

Yes ! I am really looking forward to it but it think they supposed to had it
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:31:57 PM

Well, that's a good news because bitcoin network is facing a huge congestion and higher fees due to that. So implementation of segwit at least solve some scalability issue that the network is currently facing. I hear that some other wallet provider has already implemented the same. But if coinbase can do it, I believe many other wallet service provider would be interested in the same. At this point, we really need faster transaction confirmation time as well as lower fees.

I really think that Coinbase has an idea right now than before and they really have information in what segwits next plan and move for bitcoin when the recent Fork arises they are sending email on me regarding the upcoming fork and giving every coinbase users warning about what's gonna happen and regarding the free coin that we can get, and yes maybe they are elaborating something up to lessen the transaction fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: