Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Customers Locked Out  (Read 318 times)
henke1 (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:56:32 PM

Bittrex users took to social media to voice their concerns: something is wrong at the third largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Customers openly complain they’re having issues with withdrawals, and this has been going on for weeks.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bittrex-customers-locked-out-are-crypto-exchanges-ready-for-bitcoin/
 Roll Eyes
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:37:58 PM

They haven't posted any update on the 100s of disabled account for really long time and not answering any question regarding that via support ticket.

They never warn their users when making deposits but they simply ask for verification when they try to withdraw out, what a clever way to hold users fund without any liability.

We need decentralized trading platform, coinbase is down for hours, poloniex never replies to support tickets and bittrex is just like banks asking all personal documents to just trade crypto LOL
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

Definitely something strange going on with Bittrex, it may be that they simply cannot handle the new influx of users.

Other sites such as Bitfenix and Poloniex have publicly stated that they're having difficulties coping with the increased loan, and are hence prioritizing high fee, and high volume transactions. However, Bittrex has not made any public announcement to address the matter (suspicious), and given the fact that a large exchange was recently hacked, I would err on the side of caution, and avoid this exchange until there is some more transparency regarding the matter.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:43:21 PM

I've stopped using bittrex due to their "forced verification" policy. First they haven't reduced their withdrawal fee, they are having issues with withdrawals and deposits (too many complaints) and then they have restrictions too and most of the coins are getting dumped. I'm a part of other exchanges too like coinsecure, liqui, hitbtc which have no such restrictions. They aren't even listing new coins (they rejected many coins recently) and hence I feel they are close to shutting down. I don't trust them anymore.

beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:05:33 PM

I have passed the initial verification of Bittrex security and I'm not blocked for minimum funds. But every time I visit this exchange, security asks for complete verification. I remain on this exchange because it is reliable.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:05:38 PM

That is just one bad thing with exchanges. They start so well and then they start messing up. The issue with bittrex started when they decided to lock out accounts without prior notice. Things are not done that way. At least, emails are there for a reason, which I believe they are supposed to have notified the unverified users of what could happen if they do not get their accounts verified. I may be an enhanced user, but putting myself in the shoes of others and the possibilities of me waking up one day and seeing something crappy happening to my account without no chance of getting across to the support, then it is better to voice out now.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:27:39 AM

I've stopped using bittrex due to their "forced verification" policy. First they haven't reduced their withdrawal fee, they are having issues with withdrawals and deposits (too many complaints) and then they have restrictions too and most of the coins are getting dumped. I'm a part of other exchanges too like coinsecure, liqui, hitbtc which have no such restrictions. They aren't even listing new coins (they rejected many coins recently) and hence I feel they are close to shutting down. I don't trust them anymore.
Any source sir for what you are claiming? I have been trading at trex a couple of months now. Although I dont encounter a problem specially in withdrawals. I usually use bittrex because of its flexible use other that any exchangers I know.

chilling888

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:57:41 AM

Any source sir for what you are claiming? I have been trading at trex a couple of months now. Although I dont encounter a problem specially in withdrawals. I usually use bittrex because of its flexible use other that any exchangers I know.

The only reason you would use bittrex right now is beacause of it's variety of choice  Smiley
henke1 (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:31:14 PM

Iranians Trader Accuse Bittrex of Withholding Funds
https://news.bitcoin.com/leaked-documents-withheld-funds-altcoin-pumps-bittrex-faces-increasing-scrutiny/
 Shocked
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:04:45 AM

Bittrex users took to social media to voice their concerns: something is wrong at the third largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. Customers openly complain they’re having issues with withdrawals, and this has been going on for weeks.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bittrex-customers-locked-out-are-crypto-exchanges-ready-for-bitcoin/
 Roll Eyes

I am beginning to have another thought about this Bittrex because it seems is just beyond all this verification and the likes that they have been using as an excuse to deny people access to their funds. It is expected in sane places that if you are denying someone your service, they are allowed to withdraw their funds and take it elsewhere within reasonable time but Bittrex is just doing otherwise. Yet you get emails from them claiming they are one on the right side of events.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:12:30 AM

I am beginning to have another thought about this Bittrex because it seems is just beyond all this verification and the likes that they have been using as an excuse to deny people access to their funds.
Yep, that's the first thing I thought too, no other exchange suddenly introduces 0 BTC withdrawal limit for existing users that have made successful withdrawals many times in the past. All an action like that is going to achieve, is a support headache for Bittrex staff, and a lot of pissed off previously happy customers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: