Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALERT: You have 5 days mtgox  (Read 13866 times)
DupingBitCoins (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:24:32 PM

you have to laugh when all these OP trolls put up a post like this and then don't bother to elaborate or extend their thread.  FUD!

Are you fucking kidding me? Where have you been? Inside a hole?

ah, there u are. 

FYI, i have traded large sums of money in mtgox w/o any issues and MagTux has been straight forward and accommodating to me in every way.  for anyone wanting liquidity and an owner who was an early adopter and who is dedicated to making Bitcoin work, you can't get any better than Mark.

Facepalm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

FYI, i have traded large sums of money in mtgox w/o any issues and MagTux has been straight forward and accommodating to me in every way.  for anyone wanting liquidity and an owner who was an early adopter and who is dedicated to making Bitcoin work, you can't get any better than Mark.

If that's true, it's really sad. I'd have liked an early adopter who had a clue about how to run a business. You know, by doing simple things, like answering customers' questions about their accounts, instead of taking intentional and deliberate steps to ignore customers. I'd have liked an early adopter who was willing to be honest with people, instead of actively ignoring his obligations and responsibilities by deleting peoples' support tickets without so much as an explanation. If this is how MagicalTux thinks his customers deserve to be treated, then this is one early adopter I think deserves to lose his entire investment.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
DupingBitCoins (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:28:15 PM

If that's true, it's really sad. I'd have liked an early adopter who had a clue about how to run a business. You know, by doing simple things, like answering customers' questions about their accounts, instead of taking intentional and deliberate steps to ignore customers. I'd have liked an early adopter who was willing to be honest with people, instead of actively ignoring his obligations and responsibilities by deleting peoples' support tickets without so much as an explanation. If this is how MagicalTux thinks his customers deserve to be treated, then this is one early adopter I think deserves to lose his entire investment.

+1
SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:28:31 PM

you have to laugh when all these OP trolls put up a post like this and then don't bother to elaborate or extend their thread.  FUD!

Are you fucking kidding me? Where have you been? Inside a hole?

ah, there u are. 

Facepalm.

Mark is a nice guy. His company just has hundreds of dollars/BTC of my money, and won't respond to me.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:28:57 PM

instead of actively ignoring his obligations and responsibilities by deleting peoples' support tickets without so much as an explanation.

give some proof of this.
DupingBitCoins (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:30:12 PM

instead of actively ignoring his obligations and responsibilities by deleting peoples' support tickets without so much as an explanation.

give some proof of this.

He, I, and everyone reporting this on the forum is the proof. Go back inside your hole.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:31:26 PM

give some proof of this.

He, I, and everyone reporting this on the forum is the proof. Go back inside your hole.

prepare for a Bitcoin explosion to the upside...
wolftaur

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:34:08 PM

I agree! Mt.Gox's issues are only affecting a fraction of accounts, and we have multiple exchanges, and the coins did a fantastic job of weathering the disasters of June. Plus, there's been people working on merchant systems to handle coins, so it's probably only a matter of time before coins become much more useful regardless of ability to sell for fiat.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:35:56 PM

I agree! Mt.Gox's issues are only affecting a fraction of accounts, and we have multiple exchanges, and the coins did a fantastic job of weathering the disasters of June. Plus, there's been people working on merchant systems to handle coins, so it's probably only a matter of time before coins become much more useful regardless of ability to sell for fiat.

just look at the merchant Wiki as well as the network hashing rate.  talk about a bull market.  trolls like the OP are gonna get steamrolled.
wolftaur

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:40:10 PM

just look at the merchant Wiki as well as the network hashing rate.  talk about a bull market.  trolls like the OP are gonna get steamrolled.

Yeah, a single business dealing with bitcoins is not Bitcoin. There's lots of nifty things about the system even if we had no exchange whatsoever. And people have been working on making it niftier, more acceptable for small businesses... these things matter more than the issues of one single service company. Smiley

NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:50:24 PM

you win most formatted post Ive ever seen.

http://cdn.moxiebird.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Trophy.jpg
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:26:08 PM

I DO hope he gets his shit together so i can have my money back! ffs...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
RchGrav

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:47:06 PM

How many support tickets do you think were generated over the course of the week that related to the shutdown.  Is it possible that a high volume of unclosed tickets may have been defeating their ability to identify those people who really need attention now? While I don't agree with closing unresolved tickets.. it may be better to think about possibilities of why this may have been done.  I don't think they removed support tickets in an attempt to defraud anyone...

My holdings at Mt.Gox exceeded $4000... I answered the questions on the account claim for with enough detail to prove it was my account.. and claimed the account, and my funds were 100% intact.

I hate to say it..  I suggest opening a new ticket....

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 12:32:28 AM

Please don't hack them Sad I was just about to start using the merchant services.
bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 12:35:08 AM

Either calm down / lawyer up or destroy them with your 31337 skillz, don't be a pussy and make idle threats on the public Internet. Internet Tough Guys don't get any respect.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:10:03 AM

I just saw this same post over on 2+2 about full tilt poker.  I guess I just don't have that much sympathy for people who keep their whole roll online.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 04:43:47 AM

lol. never had a single issue with mtgox. amazing site.

d.james

Activity: 280

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:55:54 AM

LoL@that tix, almost wanted to donate for that  Grin

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
kloinko1n

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:59:00 AM

give some proof of this.
I can attest to that.
Since the crash my account history shows: 'withdrawal' on both my BTC and USD accounts.
I didn't withdraw anything though, and my password wasn't cracked (19 alpha-numerical-other characters some of which were capitals, one doesn't crack that so easily).
Still one ticket got deleted, another got me my login back but the one about the missing BTCs and USDs until now didn't get answered.
Edit: It's not that I don't mtgox.com , I'm just getting very nervous about my money. Difficult to prove I didn't withdraw, so if they screwed up internally, how am I going to get my BTCs & USDs back? It wasn't a very small amount...
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:13:45 AM

Your going to do WHAT, going to kill him with an overdose of bad HTML formatting?

Anyway, I've never really had any problems with mtgox. Yes the hack and downtime was annoying but the site came back as promised.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: