Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:07:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Merchants: are you getting any bitcoin sales?
Yes. - 12 (63.2%)
No. - 7 (36.8%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you getting any bitcoin sales?  (Read 1179 times)
Shortline (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:49:21 PM

I put in 5 votes per user because I realize some of you are running multiple bitcoin businesses.

Are bitcoiners spending, or are they hoarding?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 08:56:27 PM

Sales could be better, but they're still coming.

The Mt. Gox fiasco, the issues with MyBitcoin.com and other security flaws that have been very publicly exposed, and the fact that the US is in the middle of a long holiday weekend - definitely not good for business. However, these are all transient concerns which will soon pass.

Still around.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:56:57 PM

I bought a Headless Server from www.btcdeals.com and a seedbox from www.seedunlimited.com, but other than that I haven't found much of anything that I utilize. Ever since I've paid off my mining machines I've been looking for opportunities other than currency exchange for BTC, but not many things I'm interested in are there yet. I guess I'm also a minimal person who does not prefer to have an excess of material goods.
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:59:49 PM

i got some bitcoins for zimbabwe dollar notes and old notebook.
have spend them on calipers, open source donations and silver coins
since the price increase, sales are down (and i do not promote my offer anymore)

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:13:41 PM

We have pretty decent sales - but obviously could always be better. In just a little over a month since launch we have had sales every day we were up and running (had a few days where we had downtime) except for one. This was before the market soared above $10, when it peaked at $30, during the confusion of the market, and now that it has evened out somewhat. So I don't think the conversion rates has had any bearing on my sales. During our 24-hour Day of Deals (new deal every 20 minutes) we had 29 confirmed sales - it's not a crazy amount of sales, but the sales are there and I can't complain at all - and the profit margins are enough for me to hand out a couple of freebies during it and still be content. There is a market out there - just gotta pay attention to what your customers want and what kind of market you are dealing with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: