Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: better wallet  (Read 476 times)
mirte86 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

What is a better wallet, nova exchange or cryptopia. They look like the same but I was wondering who is faster in transferring ..

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milhaop

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

These are not wallets, they are exchanges.

Wallet is where you save your funds, like a real wallet. Exchange is where you trading your coins. Never leave your funds on exchanges, they are not properly safe.
Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:04:06 PM

I like to use this site to compare the wallets that are available and the coins each supports.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:02:31 PM

If you are going to hold it for the long term then holding the funds online on any web wallet or exchange is not recommended because there is a possibility of the data compromisation on the server side even if you are taking all the security precautions for your account. You can use a simple paper wallet or Trezor wallet along with the backup for the same if you are concerned about the safety of your funds.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:40:51 PM

What is a better wallet, nova exchange or cryptopia. They look like the same but I was wondering who is faster in transferring ..
Both aren't wallets. It's exchanges. It's not bad exchanges, but they aren't very popular and their volume isn't big. You shouldn't use them as a wallet, because it's not safe enough, we saw in past that several exchanges was hacked and users lost their coins. If you want to keep coins safely, you should use desktop wallet. Offcourse, it would be best to get hardware wallet.

jayawardana

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:09:39 AM

i think cryptopia is better than nova, nova exchange have a classical design
Ihlan

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:36:48 AM

I'm newbie here but I think cryptopia is faster
carliexoxo

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:58:31 AM

Use a free Paxful wallet then use 2-factor authentication. That's what I use
Alartonicus

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:17:03 PM

The best wallet is the one whose keys you have. Use the official cold wallets like Bitcoin Core, Etherium wallet etc or lite wallets like electrum. Also Exodus is good one lite multicurrency wallet
Collosus999

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:56:28 PM

I use greenAddress, seems good to me, although i am new also :S
I just looked on google and read up about a few, GreenAddress seems simple to use for me, and has ok protection from what I can see.
Open to suggestions tho.
renzibidone

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:55:34 PM

I use an offline wallet (myetherwallet), as they say.

Recently many online platform got hacked  Angry
penetrak

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:05:09 PM

As written above, cryptopia and novaexchange are exchanges. You have purse addresses where you can have btc and various altcoins. I personally do not leave any money in exchanges. Due to failure, regular maintenance and worse cancellation of the exchange. Here is an interesting link to help you: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:44:03 PM

Cryptopia and Nova exchange are not web wallet or personal wallet which not recommend to saving your coins for a long-term as these exchanges meant to be a place to do the trade. Which one is better? you can read it here:
https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/cryptopia/overview
https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/novaexchange/overview
It seems Nova exchange has better reviews than Cryptopia, do your own research before deciding to deposit.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2814
Merit: 574

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:59:02 PM

Just what members pointed out, they are not wallet that is good for holding your bitcoins, specially huge amounts. Here is the Ann thread on Nova. Just check it out and decide for yourself.

[ANN] Novaexchange.com - Crypto currency exchange

But if you really want to have a safe and trusted wallet for storing your bitcoin used this one:

https://electrum.org/#home

For storing ETH and tokens:

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

And here is the link of all trusted wallets as far as bitcoin is concern. Choose what's appropriate for you.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Again, exchanges are not safe to store your coins because in a likelihood of a hack, chances are that your coins could be stolen. And if you don't hold the private keys, its not your coins.

You also need to protect them. You can search the forum for more tips on safeguarding your wallet. Better be safe than sorry dude. Hackers are targeting us because of the huge money involved.

I use greenAddress, seems good to me, although i am new also :S
I just looked on google and read up about a few, GreenAddress seems simple to use for me, and has ok protection from what I can see.
Open to suggestions tho.

I used GreenAddress too. Another trusted and safe wallet as well to keep your bitcoins.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:42:35 AM

People are misunderstanding what's the difference between exchanges and wallets / webwallets. It's normal that everyone do store some of their bitcoin and alt coins to different exchanges to endure the high fees and let it stay there. But if you are looking for faster transactions, all are affected when it comes to bitcoin transactions. Everyone is experiencing and affected with the slow network confirmations, only the miners fee does matter on your concern.
L0uis

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:55:54 AM

Firstly, those are exchanges and secondly there are better exchanges than those. Bittrex is better than these as it has a better interface and 3 pairs of market to trade coins with. It also has a better interface which is easier to understand. Hitbtc, livecoin, etc.. are some considerable exchanges.
From the above two Cryptopia is better than nova at least.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:05:22 AM

Both of these are obviously exchanges and are not designed to store your money on. Look at what happened to btc-e, bitfinex, nice hash, and a bunch of other exchanges which got hacked and the users had to either wait out a period of time for their coins or got just completely ripped of their money. Exchanges do not allow you to access your private keys, therefore they are not ideal wallets for long term storage.

If you're just asking for which one is the superior exchange, then i'd say cryptopia at the moment.

Really you're just comparing two of the smallest and most unreliable exchanges, but since nova is going through changes right now i'd rather trust cryptopia.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:41:06 AM

The best wallet is one which you independently control, one with private keys you and you alone know.

An exchange is never a good choice for short and long term storage of coins. Exchanges are prone to risks such as insider fraud, blockage and locking of accounts and assets, bankruptcy and seizure by authorities. An offline or paper wallet would be a safer storage option.

There are also good wallets which are time tested and proven as robust and safe. One of which is the Bread wallet. A little paranoia helps and is even healthy for making safe financial decisions. When setting up wallets, set it up on a safe platform or an environment free from online and offline intrusions. Common sense helps such as avoiding public or shared WiFi on devices where you store your coins, avoid adding third party keyboards and apps on the same device hosting your wallet app. 2FA and strong unique passwords are a must.

And lastly, on top of all the safety precautions above, always think before acting. By this I mean think carefully when someone or anyone offers something too good to be true. There is always a motive when you get an unsolicited PM.

And never transact without escrow protection.

Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:38 PM

I think what you mean to say is which exchange have better wallets. Well the wallets don't matter because it is being operated by the exchanges.
Any wallet whose private key you don't own doesn't matter because the funds can be emptied whenever the one who has its private key wants.
You should either look for better wallets or better exchanges. Better exchanges would be bittrex, bitthumb, bitstamp etc... and better wallets would be Mycelium, Electrum, Bitcoin core etc..
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:36:58 PM

I think what you're asking is what is the better exchange in terms of deposit/withdrawals? Well, I personally would recommend Cryptopia. However, Novaexchange hasn't been bad at all to me in the past either. Either one seems to initiate the withdrawal within minutes of confirming it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: