Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FURIOUS with Coinbase!  (Read 274 times)
fredphoesh2 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:22:40 PM

I deposited a large chunk from my bank account (EU ESTA transfer) to Coinbase on Weds last week 29 Nov.
On Friday December 1st in the morning, the funds were drawn from my account.
Today is 4+ full working days later, Coinbase have not responded to ANY of my support queries about where my money is, and the money is still not available. VERY annoying considering the price increase over the last 24 hours!!!!

AAAAGGHHHH I feel so helpless and ripped off, it seems they are benefiting from my cash and are withholding it intentionally. OR they are utterly incompetent. What can I do?

Mark.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredphoesh2 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:14:27 PM

It is no exactly one week and half a day since Coinbase withdrew my money from my UK account, and STILL I have not a sign of where this money is... I would call this a REALLY AWFUL service. Zero customer support, no answers at all to questions, and in the meantime, the prices are going through the roof... SHEESH, Coinbase, never again.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

Bitpanda might provide better solution for you but I haven't tried them to buy bitcoin, just selling their and making sepa withdrawals.

Coinbase is registered so you can file complaint against them if they will not reply to your support for really long time. Have you checked your email for login request from coinbase which was not made by you.

I deposited a large chunk from my bank account (EU ESTA transfer) to Coinbase on Weds last week 29 Nov.
So you kept all bitcoins bought with those funds in coinbase? Coinbase is not reliable as web wallet. I think you haven't activated 2FA. If your bitcoin was withdrawn by someone who have access to your email + pass combo than those transactions can't be reversed by anyone. Sorry for your loss...
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

Bitpanda might provide better solution for you but I haven't tried them to buy bitcoin, just selling their and making sepa withdrawals.

Coinbase is registered so you can file complaint against them if they will not reply to your support for really long time. Have you checked your email for login request from coinbase which was not made by you.

So you kept all bitcoins bought with those funds in coinbase? Coinbase is not reliable as web wallet. I think you haven't activated 2FA. If your bitcoin was withdrawn by someone who have access to your email + pass combo than those transactions can't be reversed by anyone. Sorry for your loss...
Hes not actually mentioning about his account on coinbase on where funs have been drawn which if you do try to read up carefully he do mean those funds on his bank account were drawn which means it is already on processed by coinbase the thing here is that its almost 1 week still the funds haven't credited yet on the account which do really very alarming.Actually I don't like their support syste,they aren't responsive at all. For OP the thing you can do now is wait.
fredphoesh2 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:39:07 PM

Hi,
Yes, correct, the money left my UK bank on Friday morning 1st December.
I have written 5x to Coinbase support and have had not a single response except the automated garbage.
I tried their phone number dozens of times, and I always get the same crap, they are "too busy" to take a call.
What a pathetic service.
I wonder if they are investing my money for a week, they would have made quite a massive profit this week with the way the bitcoin price soared.
What can I do? Maybe make a BEWARE of COINBASE video on YouTube and say I will make one a day till they sort my account out!
Mark.

Hes not actually mentioning about his account on coinbase on where funs have been drawn which if you do try to read up carefully he do mean those funds on his bank account were drawn which means it is already on processed by coinbase the thing here is that its almost 1 week still the funds haven't credited yet on the account which do really very alarming.Actually I don't like their support syste,they aren't responsive at all. For OP the thing you can do now is wait.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:20:29 AM

Today is 4+ full working days later, Coinbase have not responded to ANY of my support queries about where my money is, and the money is still not available. VERY annoying considering the price increase over the last 24 hours!!!!

AAAAGGHHHH I feel so helpless and ripped off, it seems they are benefiting from my cash and are withholding it intentionally. OR they are utterly incompetent. What can I do?

Mark.

And the thing that is most frustrating in this scenario isn't even the fact that they are not crediting your account with the money but rather their lack of communication. Even if they just give you a date for the deposit hitting your account it still feels a lot better as a customer.

Hopefully after a few days you'll be able to get your money in your account, though. The BTC pump has probably hit you quite hard since you're dealing with a fiat deposit. But at least there has been a correction for you recently.

And i just received an email from coinbase about investing securely, this isn't the way to run a business.

Smiley
fredphoesh2 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:51:15 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the input...
Yep, absolutely, zero communication, unless you phone and choose for the "suspected fraud" option.
My bank says they can get the money back from Coinbase, Coinbase say they have not received it, but my bank knows differently.

Two questions, if you guys don't mind...

1/ Who else can I try, do they all have a similar procedure, where you have to first deposit €10 to verify the account, then deposit a large amount? Perhaps faster and less transfer fees would be good Wink

2/ pardon my newbie-ness here... I have made two smaller Debit Card deposits with Coinbase which worked fine, and have just approx £650 bitcoin and £700 in litecoin through coinbase... . I assume that money will grow/shrink with coinbase as much as those currencies would if I had the currencies anywhere else, right?

tx
Mark

And the thing that is most frustrating in this scenario isn't even the fact that they are not crediting your account with the money but rather their lack of communication.
St. Michael the Archangel

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

Coinbase is located out of San Francisco, CA, USA. They run their business like they are affiliated with the Russian Mafia that owns BTC-E/Wex and all the other shell exchanges they created.

Is it any coincidence that the headquarters of the world's most powerful communist organization was previously based at the Presidio US military base in San Francisco? That's right. The Gorbachev Foundation, formerly known as the COMINTERN or Communist International was based out of the Presidio.

Don't trust any coin-related business based out of Communist San Francisco.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:07:55 PM

With their FinCEN credentials, they have the blessings of the US government to operate with impunity. They are, for want of a better way of saying it, as good as untouchable.

I wouldn't store bitcoins in an exchange which has no transparent ways of being contacted. They transact incredibly large amounts of money and yet they are difficult to reach. That's not how an ethical financial institution works. Imagine a bank without a customer support number to report issues like lost cards or checks,

I read somewhere that the Coinbase app is now the number 1 downloaded app in the US. So they know people trust them, blindly or otherwise.

carliexoxo

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:05:48 AM

I totally understand how this feels. From my experience, it took 6 months of contacting support! I was so mad I switched to Paxful. and I had no regrets! I have been using their services buying BTC using Itunes gift cards!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: