Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account verification amounts wrong  (Read 154 times)
Batmaneg (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:18:05 PM

I added my bank manually because it wasn't a selection. I received two deposits, to use for verification. When I use these two numbers for verification is says wrong amounts. I tried them in the opposite oreder and then the system locked me out for 24 hours.  I've also wired $10k to my account and it hasn't reached there. I've emailed and called and only seem to be getting robot answers. I'm starting to think the address for the wife on the Coinbase site may have been wrong and I wired it to the wrong location. Is that possible? What is the correct place to wife for Coinbase?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 12:50:47 PM

Did you follow the instructions and only pasted the amount after the decimal point?
I don't know where you are from, but for the EU and SEPA transfers coinbase states as following:

SWIFT/BIC: LHVBEE22
Bank Name: AS LHV Pank
Bank Country: Estonia
IBAN: EE95 7700 7710 0135 5096
Name: Coinbase UK, Ltd.
Source: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1767231-payment-methods-for-european-customers

Deposits usually take 3-5 weekdays. May be up to 7-8. If you didn't get your funds credited within this timeframe you should definetly contact the support.
Are you sure you went on the real coinbase (https://www.coinbase.com/) and not onto a phishing site?
And why did you already transfer money to coinbase while your bank account wasn't verified yet?

Batmaneg (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:28:39 PM

Did you follow the instructions and only pasted the amount after the decimal point?
Yes, thank you for helping. I did not put a decimal, it was already provided. 

I don't know where you are from, but for the EU and SEPA transfers coinbase states as following:

This is definitely not the same bank.  The one I used is in New York.

SWIFT/BIC: LHVBEE22
Bank Name: AS LHV Pank
Bank Country: Estonia
IBAN: EE95 7700 7710 0135 5096
Name: Coinbase UK, Ltd.
Source: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1767231-payment-methods-for-european-customers

Deposits usually take 3-5 weekdays. May be up to 7-8. If you didn't get your funds credited within this timeframe you should definitely contact the support.
Are you sure you went on the real coinbase (https://www.coinbase.com/) and not onto a phishing site?
And why did you already transfer money to coinbase while your bank account wasn't verified yet? Because I didn't know my account needed to be verified in order for the transfer to be completed.  I thought since I was having a problem with the account being verified that i could just transfer into the USD account.  That doesn't seem to be working, and I've been emailing coinbase with only a robot response.  I remember in the early days of ETRADe they were fined $5m for a 20-minute outage.  I guess that's what happens when you're regulated by the SEC.  I'm not suggesting that this be regulated, but a little more technical support would be great.

Batmaneg (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:44:30 PM

I just noticed there are two new deposits in my account.  I think this will probably fix my verification problem, but I'm locked out for 24 hours.  It's hard to know when the 24 hours is up, so I guess I'm going to have to be very disciplined and not touch it for a good 24 hours.  Smiley 
Batmaneg (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

I just got through on their technical support line.  I told them about my problem, and the lady said she can't really see everything in my account and she can't help me.  She said she will escalate my previous emails. 

She's doing the best she can.   It's just odd that technical support can't see my account, and can't really help and then she has to email the people that can help.   I thought I was going to get help especially since I had to wait for 30 minutes to get through
Batmaneg (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:23:11 PM

They wired the money back to my account.   Man, I can't give these guys my money.  If I'm having this problem, there must be others with similar problems.
Batmaneg (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:35:26 PM

They wired the money back to my account.   Man, I can't give these guys my money.  If I'm having this problem, there must be others with similar problems.

Does anybody recommend any other exchanges, US based ?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:41:05 PM

They wired the money back to my account.   Man, I can't give these guys my money.  If I'm having this problem, there must be others with similar problems.
They have returned those wired amount to your bank account?

Does anybody recommend any other exchanges, US based ?
There are many alternatives for US customers you can find list of all other supported exchangers here https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/united-states/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: