Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:49:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Wallet not working on Windows 10  (Read 2047 times)
userpnha (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:19:09 AM

So I downloaded Electrum Wallet 2.7.18 Standalone Executible, the Windows Installer and the Portable Version and neither of them worked on my Windows 10 PC. I also tried to download previous versions but did not have sucsess. I tried to run it using Windows 7 and 8 compatibility mode, nothing. Just to make sure, I turn off Avast annnd no luck. It wont open, no matter what I do. I did not find any processes on the task manager.
It seems to be a little odd. Searching in forums I coudn't find anyone with the same problem, so I appreciate if somebody who has been through that could help me out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 02:24:25 AM

So I downloaded Electrum Wallet 2.7.18 Standalone Executible, the Windows Installer and the Portable Version and neither of them worked on my Windows 10 PC. I also tried to download previous versions but did not have sucsess. I tried to run it using Windows 7 and 8 compatibility mode, nothing. Just to make sure, I turn off Avast annnd no luck. It wont open, no matter what I do. I did not find any processes on the task manager.
It seems to be a little odd. Searching in forums I coudn't find anyone with the same problem, so I appreciate if somebody who has been through that could help me out!

Have you tried the latest version 2.8.0? Uninstall all the old versions and just try the portable version from a folder on your desktop.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:40:20 AM

I've been using Electrum on Windows 10 without any issues for quite some time. What happens when you attempt to run it?

You may want to try removing the config file at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum\config to see if a bad config file is causing your issues.
userpnha (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:34:53 PM

Have you tried the latest version 2.8.0? Uninstall all the old versions and just try the portable version from a folder on your desktop.

Just tried it but again nothing happened...
userpnha (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:43:53 PM

I've been using Electrum on Windows 10 without any issues for quite some time. What happens when you attempt to run it?

You may want to try removing the config file at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum\config to see if a bad config file is causing your issues.

There is no Electrum folder! Maybe that's because I could never open the app (when i try to run it, that little hourglass shows up but after a few seconds desappears and nothing else happens).
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:45:33 PM

One other user reported a similar problem in this thread. Maybe your problem is related to his.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1821299.0
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:26:04 AM

There is no Electrum folder! Maybe that's because I could never open the app (when i try to run it, that little hourglass shows up but after a few seconds desappears and nothing else happens).

Yeah, it must have never run fully enough to create that folder. There was a 2.8.1 release recently with some bug fixes. I'd recommend trying that out to see if the issues persists. You may also want to try running as Admin in case its an issue with permissions or something.

If the issue persists, you may want to create an issue at https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues to have the devs look into it further.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:00:50 PM

This must be a problem of your computer and not electrum. I am running Windows 10 since almost it first came out and I am still running Electrum 2.7.12 without any issues at all. Make sure you delete the appdata folder of electrum, uninstall it, update your PC and try installing latest version but it's not a version problem as I already said.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
SPAMP

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:45:18 AM

Norton Anitviris did not like it. Set Norton to both "Restore & Ignore".
canteen

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

How do you use segwit?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: