Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: want to get started mining litecoin  (Read 502 times)
slickskin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:48:59 PM

Hi, I'm nearly a total beginner to mining. I understand bitcoin mining is now very difficult so maybe litecoin will be easier for me? I have a few questions.

I don't have a graphics card yet. Would it be possible for me to mine litecoin on a CPU even though it won't be as efficient? What's a good software for this?
Does mining produce a trickle of coin daily, or do miners have to wait before they complete an entire block before getting any coins?
Do I have to join a pool or would I be able to do it on my own?
If someone mines bitcoin, etherium, or litecoin, can they then send these coins to their coinbase account and sell from there?

Right now all I want to do is learn the skill and generate any amount of coin no matter how small, and make SOMETHING. After I know what I'm doing I'll worry about upgrading the hardware so that I can make real profit it and make it worth my while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptoinver

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:26:13 AM

Good day, if you want to win in Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and Dash
I pass some pages that I already tried, first you register with your mail and a good password in the wallet:

https://coinpot.co

Then you go to the following pages, insert the email with which you registered in Coinpot, click on "claim" in each, you solve the captcha, then click on "submit" or "claim" (every 5 minutes) as appropriate and you will accumulate Satoshis, Dogecoin, Litecoin (litoshis) and Dash Totally Free:

>>BITCOIN:

http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=293cf7c9804f
http://bitfun.co/?ref=97DB329F386A   (on this page you go to the Games tab to start claiming Satoshis)
http://bonusbitcoin.co/?ref=4B8B20492E09

>>LITECOIN

http://moonliteco.in/?ref=f06e9a17bfac

>>DOGECOIN

http://moondoge.co.in/?ref=2491e80ea7a3

>>DASH

http://moondash.co.in/?ref=A20FA332CB89

The wallet that I mentioned also has the option to mine Litecoin  Wink
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:17:11 AM

I don't have a graphics card yet. Would it be possible for me to mine litecoin on a CPU even though it won't be as efficient? What's a good software for this?
Yeah, You answered mining with CPU won't be efficient. Your CPU will to be broken and Your profit is low. But if you want still mining used CPU you can try minergate.

Does mining produce a trickle of coin daily, or do miners have to wait before they complete an entire block before getting any coins?
If mining is in POOL, miners have coins based on shared

Do I have to join a pool or would I be able to do it on my own?
If you think, you can get a block of coins without joining the pool. Yes, you can do it yourself. But if you think, you can not, Go join the pool.

If someone mines bitcoin, etherium, or litecoin, can they then send these coins to their coinbase account and sell from there?
Example: You will mine on POOL (like suprnova) then you send coins to the exchange market (like poloniex) and you can sell it there.

Note: I write exchange market like poloniex don't mean i recommended poloniex.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:56:21 PM

If you are going to use a GPU, ignore any coin that uses the SHA256 (Bitcoin and others), Scrypt (Litecoin/DOGE/others), X11 (Darkcoin/others) altogithms.
Those all have multiple generations of ASIC miners available, the EARLIEST ASIC machines in each case blow any GPU away on efficiency.

If you pool mine, you generally get fairly small amount of coin at a time - depends on where you set the "payout threshold".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ggbtctalk000

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:34:06 PM

If you are going to use a GPU, ignore any coin that uses the SHA256 (Bitcoin and others), Scrypt (Litecoin/DOGE/others), X11 (Darkcoin/others) altogithms.
Those all have multiple generations of ASIC miners available, the EARLIEST ASIC machines in each case blow any GPU away on efficiency.

If you pool mine, you generally get fairly small amount of coin at a time - depends on where you set the "payout threshold".

good info, adding to this how i is likely do you think that bitmain will release equihash killer?
slickskin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:05:46 AM

Okay, so I definitely will be pool mining since I don't think I'd complete a block on my own and a small trickle of profits daily would be better anyway than waiting and waiting hoping one day I get a block lol.

So which coin still would be alright to mine with GPU if not bitcoin and lite coin?
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:13:24 AM

Okay, so I definitely will be pool mining since I don't think I'd complete a block on my own and a small trickle of profits daily would be better anyway than waiting and waiting hoping one day I get a block lol.

So which coin still would be alright to mine with GPU if not bitcoin and lite coin?

Different GPUs excel at different coins.
See whattomine.com and play around with the settings to see which card suits your budget the best.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:15:46 AM

My question is firstly is mining the litecoin at present scenario a good option as the price has already rose a lot and by the time we start mining the results may come it could go down. Also which other could could somebody recommend to mine considering the 2018 in mind?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: