Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **Error found on Bitbook.biz (images included/proof)**  (Read 4580 times)
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1244

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:14:08 AM

No problem, I am sure they will follow thru with helping you. They will take your 4 BTC loss though just saying, its only fair.

And I even removed the information until the problem was solved. I feel that I deserve not only my BTC back, but a healthy bounty for bringing this to your attention.

KOS I fully understand man, I will not involve you any further.

All I am saying Over and over again is the .1 block info HAD to go through before the freeze. My PM's/PUBLIC POSTS are way prior to the .1 deposit.

At this point I am happy with the 15.1BTC, I can not believe you are treating someone who has played over 20BTC with you guys this way. I made you aware of a serious situation, even explored the problem on my own. With the promise on the board publicly before the shit hit the fan of returning any and all funds.

By your own account, you say that he tried to scam you.

If you don't return his coins you are stealing from him.

No?

He deserves a scammer tag if my coins are not returned, I am ready to take full legal action again him and/or their organization.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbook.biz

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:34:45 AM

Alright, this has gone far enough. You tried to scam us and you failed. It's okay. We're not mad at you, but you tried to scam us. It happened.

We'll send you the 15 BTC in full because we want everyone to know that BitBook always makes things right, even with a scammer, but we hope that this thread will serve as a warning to anyone that considers doing business with you.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:36:49 AM

Activity:   14
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   July 15, 2013, 01:44:21 AM

If you want to be an escrow, you just be trustworthy. And you're not.
You could steal the bitcoins Sad

I am working on my rep right now, I have found a error on a major BTC site.  I am testing it as we speak, if it does turn out to be a error I have the full intention of returning 100% of the funds (hopefully they will drop me a healthy bounty)

I am not in the business of stealing from people trying to make a living. I will update once the problem is solved (because unfortuntaly BTC is littered with people who are dying to steal.)

That was posted at 6:44am my time

This was sent at:
July 16, 2013, at 07:05am PDT
Amount Sent

0.10 BTC
From You
To 1L8XoWuf35GinnnBTAYPEJaN1xfZhpVDH5

It was received by my Bitbook.biz account at 7:28am https://blockchain.info/address/1L8XoWuf35GinnnBTAYPEJaN1xfZhpVDH5

I sent my PM's before all of these but the public can't see that. But these are ALL THINGS THE PUBLIC CAN SEE. I posted publicly before you froze the BTC

Edit:

Alright, this has gone far enough. You tried to scam us and you failed. It's okay. We're not mad at you, but you tried to scam us. It happened.

We'll send you the 15 BTC in full because we want everyone to know that BitBook always makes things right, even with a scammer, but we hope that this thread will serve as a warning to anyone that considers doing business with you.

Don't forget my .1BTC fuck face

It is 15.1BTC can be sent to 1H7WqHzKsuHAd2bMhN16hBCAEtsJ31EfWK  Post the block chain when you do

And for the record I swear on my fathers life I wouldn't have stolen a dime from you. I wouldn't have demanded a bounty or anything, I would have appreciated a bet or two maybe a BTC or 3. I would have NEVER said "should I keep their coins or donate them"

I aint mad at you either, glad you got a free fix on your site

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:48:13 AM

Not only has this person gone out of their way to help you, and prevent you from losing lots of coins, but now you're branding them a scammer? If anyone is the scammer here, it's bitbook.biz. I will no longer be using your services because of your reaction to this.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 02:01:46 AM

Not only has this person gone out of their way to help you, and prevent you from losing lots of coins, but now you're branding them a scammer? If anyone is the scammer here, it's bitbook.biz. I will no longer be using your services because of your reaction to this.

Computer people get offended when you show a flaw in their system... I understand.  But I mean seriously... think about it... I am here to do FACE to FACE transactions. Why in THE WORLD would I want to steal 100's of BTC.  I would be so scared of getting shot in the face doing a meeting. I am a paranoid Libertarian American, there is no amount of money that is worth me sleeping any worse at night than I already do. I was honestly trying to help.

By your own account, you say that he tried to scam you.

If you don't return his coins you are stealing from him.

No?

Thank god for the smooth words of The Dude, I will be sending you .1BTC when I get the 15.1BTC for your awesome Dudeness

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 02:27:15 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 02:40:09 AM by BayAreaCoins

15.1BTC refunded.

https://blockchain.info/address/1H7WqHzKsuHAd2bMhN16hBCAEtsJ31EfWK

Enjoy the free fix you unappreciative bastard, next time I will find someone who values my information a little bit more than making me beg to get my BTC back.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:06:36 AM

Thank god for the smooth words of The Dude, I will be sending you .1BTC when I get the 15.1BTC for your awesome Dudeness

The dude abides man.

I found Bitbook's response to be very un-dude.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:26:39 AM

Word to the wise:

Email them.. If they don't offer shit..Or don't act civil.

EXPLOIT IT.. Forget your values because if they don't want to be civil about it.. They deserve to lose it all..
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:33:19 AM

Word to the wise:

EXPLOIT IT.. Forget your values because if they don't want to be civil about it.. They deserve to lose it all..

Lol, I approve of this method of solving problems.

bitcoinsucker1

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:42:10 AM

So looks like the error is fixed and I am ok to use the site?  I really enjoy betting with them Smiley  Recommend giving the coins back... Always take the higher path.

http://bitbook.biz/?referer=bitcoinsucker Bet on League of Legends games with bitcoins!
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 04:45:45 AM

Word to the wise:

That was the point, I didn't. If I was trying to I would have kept it very quietly going along in my accounts that I have moved plenty of BTC through. Instead I took a look to see if it was a potentially fatal error to the website,

People remember when you have your BTC on file with someone their system needs to be secure.  I have shown the lack of thought that this site has put towards their infrastructure. If I was a bad guy and drained their accounts do you think all of the people with accounts on the site would have gotten their BTC back?

No. Invest your BTC wisely people.

(Your dudeness, you should have the .1 I sent you by now.)  

Bitcoinsucker: It was never not ok to use the site, but just careful where your BTC are kept. Needs to be safe at ALL times!

Try https://nitrogensports.com/ or any of the other list of BTC sport sites.  

Hell I will give better odd's on any game that Bitbook.biz offers/parleys and I will let you parley on the same games (Over/under and winner)

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 05:03:05 AM

15.1BTC refunded.

Enjoy the free fix you unappreciative bastard, next time I will find someone who values my information a little bit more than making me beg to get my BTC back.

Stop being a bitch. BitBook refunded your money after you tried to scam them, and you still bitch at them? Maybe if you didn't act like such a moron, they would've refunded it earlier?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 05:08:38 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 05:21:33 AM by BayAreaCoins

15.1BTC refunded.

Stop being a bitch. BitBook refunded your money after you tried to scam them, and you still bitch at them? Maybe if you didn't act like such a moron, they would've refunded it earlier?

Just a bit offended, I don't find spoofs for free. Then stress all damn day for nothing.

Tried... did you see OP? I had it and could have ran. If anything they are lucky I refunded them

Alright, so here are some facts about the situation:

• BayAreaCoins believed he had identified an exploitable flaw in BitBook
  • BayArea did not notify us or attempt to prove the exploit on a small scale (as someone not trying to scam us would have)
  • Rather, he immediately attempted to place a large number of big bets on which he thought we were being free-rolled
  • We very quickly detected his activity and locked his accounts
  • Only after he realized that his scam wasn't working did he contact us
  • The potential exploit he is referencing does not exist anymore and there is no danger to other users
  • Bottom-line: BayArea attempted to scam us (for hundreds of BTC) and failed

It's also notable that BarArea joined the forum just yesterday and has already been accused by other members of being a scammer (one of his first actions was to create an escrow service -- sketchy)

We've currently got 15 coins that he is asking for. So then, what's the right thing to do? Return them? Donate some to the Bitcoin foundation? Seriously, we're open to suggestions from the community. What do you all think?

This was his first post to me on page one (after I removed the How-to so they could fix it) So of course I am a bit sore about this whole thing. Then I got pissed off, still am.

RedRobin2442

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:32:40 PM

They may have lost you, but they gained me. Keep up the good work guys.

Moneymaker1990

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:13:46 PM

How is anyone seeing what bitbook did is right?

Thats pure insanity.

The guy emailed another reputable company with his findings, for this very reason.  Bitbook gets butt hurt because he found a serious flaw, and auto accuses him of scamming and threatens to hold his coins. 

It's pretty cut and dry.  Bitbook fucked up, then they want to punish OP for it.

It is NOT OP's job to help them fix a site bug.  Can bitbook freeze or ban his account?  Sure.  Thats their choice.  Thats fine.  But to keep his coins.  NEVER is that right, ever.  Bitbook can guess at his intent, but I tend to think that since he PM'd all the info to a third party, reputable company, before proceeding, that he was trying to test to see if the site had a clear security leak, or if it would be noticed.

We will never know if the OP wouldd have kept the coins.  But think on this:

If he wanted to keep the coins, wouldnt he have loaded him one account, made all kinds of bets, then transferred them to one other account and cashed out?  What he did makes absolutely no sense for a scammer to do. 

All you people who are saying you respect and are now a customer of bitbook for life after this are insane.  They handled this piss poorly.

OP, glad you got your coins back.  I see what you tried to do.  It's what any person who tests sites for flaws would do.  Obviously these people here have no idea what bug testing is for.  Good on you sir.
Damnsammit

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

Well said Moneymaker.

I think they handled it very poorly.  I'll stick to Nitrogen Sports.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 03:53:59 PM

Upon re-reading the thread, bitbook does seem quite sketchy.

Should I paint them red, or...?

Damnsammit

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:56:35 PM

I don't think anyone needs to be painted red... they just handled the situation poorly.

They gave him his deposit back and they had the right to freeze his accounts.

They just don't seem to understand that what he did was try to help them, not scam them.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 03:59:12 PM

I don't think anyone needs to be painted red... they just handled the situation poorly.

They just don't seem to understand that what he did was try to help them, not scam them.

Hmmm, true.

Damnsammit

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:02:47 PM

You do it with 0.015 BTC not 15 BTC, and you PM Bitbook after you do it explaining what you did and what you think is wrong, if they dont fix it you leave it alone and dont tell anyone, and dont do it yourself.

He got caught, got here first and made his case, he is wrong.

I agree with that, too.

OP could have went about it in a different way, but I don't think he was trying to scam anyone.

Bitbook is wrong for coming on here and saying they were going to give his deposit away to charity. 

It's kind of a silly situation all around, but it's over, this thread can be done with now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: