Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for illegal activity  (Read 2064 times)
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:42:52 PM

yeah we know that bitcoin is invisible but anonymously, its mean that we can use it without people don't know about the sender and the receiver, it can used by bad people to receive the dirty money with bitcoin, so it is one reason that bicoin is banned in the some of country, to minimalize the bad things happen with bitcoin

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhundy

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:57:13 PM

I think Bitcoin was not created for illegal activity. Bitcoin is a coin, it can not work manually. It will be used exactly as people use it the way it is. Some people use it as the good way and again some people use it as a bad way. Now, we can say that Bitcoin is legal, but some people use it illegal.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:03:03 PM

Even not bitcoin illegal doing is anywhere in the world, people can do anything to buy drugs if they are addicted on it no matter what kind of currency it is. It depends upon the users of bitcoin what they want it to use but it is not reason to ban bitcoin just because of that because anything can do of drug addict.
amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:33:10 PM

Money is used to buy weapons, drugs, and other crimes. Gold and other good jewelries can also be used to exchange some kind of drug as like Bitcoin it can be used too, but things are used depend on how people used them.... Don't put pressure on Bitcoin..

I think it's not a problem, people already know that not only bitcoin can be use for illegal activity, this will not affect people's thinking about the negativity of bitcoin because most of the people who are attracted to bitcoin tend to think about the benefits of the bitcoin and not the negative that it brings.
Pendularin

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:38:46 PM

Money is used to buy weapons, drugs, and other crimes. Gold and other good jewelries can also be used to exchange some kind of drug as like Bitcoin it can be used too, but things are used depend on how people used them.... Don't put pressure on Bitcoin..

I think it's not a problem, people already know that not only bitcoin can be use for illegal activity, this will not affect people's thinking about the negativity of bitcoin because most of the people who are attracted to bitcoin tend to think about the benefits of the bitcoin and not the negative that it brings.
Yes, it can use this as an illegal transaction because we are anonymous but there's a lot of solution to avoid this as illegal activity because the surrounding is too secured and the forum is legit for people perceptions.
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:40:37 PM

yeah we know that bitcoin is invisible but anonymously, its mean that we can use it without people don't know about the sender and the receiver, it can used by bad people to receive the dirty money with bitcoin, so it is one reason that bicoin is banned in the some of country, to minimalize the bad things happen with bitcoin
I agree what you've said, the transaction behind it is hidden and no one knows as long as you have nothing to say. That is why some countries ban the bitcoin because the government afraid to use it in illegal way against them.
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

from 2011 to 2013 we can see bitcoin for illegal activity but as of now illegal activities has reduced  due to government regulation
Joylee

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:59:30 PM

Bitcoin is just a currency used like fiat currencies to legal or illegal activities, depending the persons and their goals. Its not in any way the fault of Bitcoin itself but some people used money since hundreds of years (even before the Bitcoin's creation) to fund crimes and illegal purposes.
@Mhaiang

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:01:51 PM

Bitcoin as a decentralized entity makes its transaction in the blockchain anonymous. You can only see the transaction ID and the addresses being used but the identity of the person transacting it remains concealed. With that, bitcoin becomes a perfect utility for criminals to sneak in money anonymously.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:02:16 PM

This is one of the disadvantage of bitcoin that's why some country ban using bitcoin. Since we can transact/buy things anonymously if someone buy drugs online, its hard to find the person involve in illegal activities like selling drugs.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:02:49 PM

People used fiat money a lot more than Bitcoin and crypto currencies, for illegal activities. Already the usability of Bitcoin is still really small compared to the usability of fiat and local currencies, and also Bitcoin is recent compared to this real money, while people used money since long time for funding the illegal actions.
Morticio

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:55:03 PM

Unfortunately bitcoin and other crypto-currencies are often used for illegal actions, which is very bad! Partly because of this, many strange forbid their use on their territory.
Jupeter

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:03:28 PM

People used fiat money a lot more than Bitcoin and crypto currencies, for illegal activities. Already the usability of Bitcoin is still really small compared to the usability of fiat and local currencies, and also Bitcoin is recent compared to this real money, while people used money since long time for funding the illegal actions.

I agree with this because I don't see bitcoin being used as in every way of doing an illegal activity.  Because I only see between being a help for everyone who is using at giving benefits we don't expect

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:04:04 PM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

Actually Bitcoin is already involve in this illegal activities even before, in dark web.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

Actually Bitcoin is already involve in this illegal activities even before, in dark web.
you are right. even when bitcoin has a price, bitcoin is always used as a tool for illegal transactions. but, for the time being, it has been reduced, and even bitcoin has been used for positive things. its high price proves that bitcoin is really good.
xbudahx

Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

There were times when, due to circumstances, bitcoin was often used to buy illegal things - from drugs to weapons and services to assassins. This was facilitated by shadow Internet sites, such as the notorious Silk Road.
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:32:01 PM

indeed the bitcoin digital world in my country is still illegal but the government only warns. if there is a loss can not report to the authorities / police.
and should not be used as a transaction tool. or buy goods using bitcoin .

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Elmer1

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:40:31 PM

Because bitcoin is known for its full potential due to high net worth and easy to earn money although it helps with financial problems . Many people abuse either fellow users or both bitcoin users though scams . Adn i think it's also used by wealthy people to get even more wealthy and to do bad thingsfor just money
patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

I think bitcoin is not guilty in this case. It is the bad guys who make bitcoin for illegal or other activities. It can easily perform illegal activities with bitcoin. But do not blame the bitcoin, blame the people who do it. Illegal acts are always prohibited and should be given sanctions against perpetrators who do.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:45:38 AM

I think bitcoin is not guilty in this case. It is the bad guys who make bitcoin for illegal or other activities. It can easily perform illegal activities with bitcoin. But do not blame the bitcoin, blame the people who do it. Illegal acts are always prohibited and should be given sanctions against perpetrators who do.

Yes you're right. But whether we like it or not bitcoin can really be use for illegal activity. As we all know bitcoin is unregulated which can open the door to corruption. The currency's potental for anonymous transaction which will make it's illegal activity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: