Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 1152797 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:12:07 PM

Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT
Yeah, probably just bad luck then. 7-character prefix will take a while on most hardware and the bad end of variance scales accordingly.

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:19:08 PM

Code:
Yeah, probably just bad luck then. 7-character prefix will take a while on most hardware and the bad end of variance scales accordingly.

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.
Kangaderoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:27:54 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 09:53:36 PM by Kangaderoo

Code:

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.

I'm not sure what version you are running, but I checked on my system:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT
Prefix difficulty:         888446610538 1WALNUT
Difficulty: 888446610538

$ ./vanitygen -v  -i 1WALNUT
Prefix difficulty:          27763956579 1WALNUT

The difficulty with and without the -i (ignore case) is different, and my ignore case is giving the same difficulty as your code dump.
It seems your version is looking for the all caps, but is showing difficulty equal to my ignore case command.
So all the probability is calculated based on a wrong number, it will probably take about 888/27 = 38 times longer to find a single key.
based on ~350Kkey/s about 20 days to hit the 50%

Slow but steady Android coin mining with NeoNeonMiner
BTC:1NeoArmnGyWHKfbje9JNWqw3tquMY7jHCw
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:57:52 PM

Code:

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

The difficulty with and without the -i (ignore case) is different, and my ignore case is giving the same difficulty as your code dump.
It seems your version is looking for the all caps, but is showing difficulty equal to my ignore case command.
So all the probability is calculated based on a wrong number, it will probably take about 888/27 = 38 times longer to find a single key.

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

Thanks for pointing this out!
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:44:41 PM

Code:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

You probably would be safer using the key mining pool.
https://vanitypool.appspot.com/

Or I could run my 780ti for a couple hours and it probably would generate pretty fast
EDIT: 50% is in 3 hours if interested.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:57:29 PM

Code:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

Or I could run my 780ti for a couple hours and it probably would generate pretty fast

I really appreciate the offer for this.  TBH, I have to work on quite a few other projects today and tomorrow but as soon as I get a chance to look into this more closely I'll more than likely contact you to take you up on this.  Again, many thanks.  It's not that I'm unappreciative, I've just gotta knock out some other priorities before looking more closely into vanity addresses Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Another thing I just thought of is the fact that I have an old Antminer which hashes as about 3GH/sec, I have no idea if it's possible to use this to find a vanity address but I would think that it is in principle.  Maybe I should read more on how to point vanitygen to my miner (right now it's just running on an oldish amd64 at my work Smiley).
ezeminer
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:17:22 PM

I really appreciate the offer for this.  TBH, I have to work on quite a few other projects today and tomorrow but as soon as I get a chance to look into this more closely I'll more than likely contact you to take you up on this.  Again, many thanks.  It's not that I'm unappreciative, I've just gotta knock out some other priorities before looking more closely into vanity addresses Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Another thing I just thought of is the fact that I have an old Antminer which hashes as about 3GH/sec, I have no idea if it's possible to use this to find a vanity address but I would think that it is in principle.  Maybe I should read more on how to point vanitygen to my miner (right now it's just running on an oldish amd64 at my work Smiley).

I don't believe Bitcoin addresses are based of sha-256 algorithms. ASIC miners are built with one purpose, to heat your place, and mine bitcoins. The only things that can utilize this are sha-256 alt currencies and anything running sha-256(sha-256)

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:21:56 PM

Cheers!

I don't believe Bitcoin addresses are based of sha-256 algorithms. ASIC miners are built with one purpose, to heat your place, and mine bitcoins. The only things that can utilize this are sha-256 alt currencies and anything running sha-256(sha-256)

Good point, that final comment was obviously some sort of wishful thinking on my part.  Thanks again for all the help here.  I'll be looking into this more carefully soon.  Cheers again!
ezeminer
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:24:44 PM

Cheers!

Good point, that final comment was obviously some sort of wishful thinking on my part.  Thanks again for all the help here.  I'll be looking into this more carefully soon.  Cheers again!
No problem. There are many uses for your old antminer. Boil water, dry clothes, heat in the winter, maybe cook an egg on, a paperweight. The possibilities are endless!

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:11:26 AM

Safeness is the same, that's the whole point of split key generation - the requesting party doesn't have to trust the generating party Smiley

vanitypool will work as well, though - still people polling it (manually or using vanityminer) - just keep in mind that you have to pre-pay.  Not terribly expensive, but not free (of course the generating party's electricity/time isn't free either, but there you go).

The main down side to vanitypool is that you have to pre-pay and prices are rather on the high side.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:36:02 PM

How do I import the private key into bitcoin?
That depends on the client (software wallet / online wallet) you're using.  Usually if you google for "[name] import private key" you should be able to find instructions on how to do so.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:43:31 PM

How do I import the private key into bitcoin?

Please help me !

Thanks !

in wich wallet do you want to import your private key ?
onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:10:23 AM

alright I need some help want to install vanity gen on mac osx can any one point me to a step by step or video or what every?

That would be helpful.
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:29:35 AM

alright I need some help want to install vanity gen on mac osx can any one point me to a step by step or video or what every?

That would be helpful.

This may help you:
http://www.stanley-adams.co.uk/2013/12/custom-vanity-bitcoin-address/

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
onewiseguy

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:40:17 AM

That would be helpful.

This may help you:

thanks got all the way to installing The home brew
 but then I get this -bash: brew: command not found
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:47:05 AM

That would be helpful.

This may help you:

Try installing home brew this way:

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"

onewiseguy

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:54:21 AM

That would be helpful.

This may help you:

thanks well now its asking for password . .. Sad
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:59:11 AM

That would be helpful.

This may help you:

Ok, try this one: ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:32:33 AM

That would be helpful.

This may help you:

Ok, try this one: ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

I was using OSX at work for a few months and I kept coming upon commands in Terminal which had binaries on my path, but the binaries weren't the actual commands, they were symlinks to an installer for the "OS X command line tools" which wanted you to sign this onerous EULA for the XCode something or another when all I wanted was the standard GNU UNIX tools.  I ended switching back to linux.  For those who can't do that, you might just install a standard linux distro in virtual box.  Then you'll have all the bash tools you're used to.
notalin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:01:47 AM

I spend several hours getting oclvanitygen working with AMD Radeon 7xxx on 64-bit Linux - Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04
In the end only the following is needed:
Ubuntu drivers
vanitygen patch
1 userspace library file from AMD APP SDK v2.7
I created a minimal instruction text file. Maybe this will save someone some hours of searching the internet.
https://nastyfans.org/download/oclvanitygen.txt
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 191 »
  Print  

Jump to: