Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google authenticator  (Read 144 times)
Obitwankanobi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:36:22 AM

Hello,

Just started trading coins on binance. Recently got a new phone but last evening, when I tried to log in on binance, google authenticator asked for a QR code instead of giving me a 6-digit code like it normally does. I cannot log in on binance now because I can't see my QR code. I've already sent an email to binance but didn't got an answer yet. Does anyone know how ik can log in on binance?

Thank for helping me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ra213

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

Do you have your recovery key? When you first setup two factor authentication, they recommend that you save it.

With this code you can setup the authenticator app on your new phone (you can select if you want to use a QR code or the key string).

Otherwise log in with your old phone and reenable the two factor authentication.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Obitwankanobi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:23:57 AM

Do you have your recovery key? When you first setup two factor authentication, they recommend that you save it.

With this code you can setup the authenticator app on your new phone (you can select if you want to use a QR code or the key string).

Otherwise log in with your old phone and reenable the two factor authentication.

I didn't save the key. But my old phone was at my house last night, so I called my mum from my girlfriends house (which is 50 miles away from home) and asked her to give the code from the authenticator app. Bit that didn't work. Is it possible your phone needs to be at the same place instead of further away from the place where you log in?
ra213

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:26:15 AM

Unlikely. Probably the code switched while you tried to login. Or they used the wrong code (do you have multiple accounts)?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:26:28 AM

I didn't save the key. But my old phone was at my house last night, so I called my mum from my girlfriends house (which is 50 miles away from home) and asked her to give the code from the authenticator app. Bit that didn't work. Is it possible your phone needs to be at the same place instead of further away from the place where you log in?

No, it can be anywhere in the world, as long as the phone's time isn't wrong... You do know such a code only works for a couple of seconds, right?
If your phone's clock is off for 10 seconds, and the website's timestamp is wrong 5 seconds in the opposite direction, you only have a 15 second gap for your mom to tell you the code over the phone before it becomes invalid.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6088

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:31:29 AM

The code changes to a new one each 20 seconds I believe so make sure they gave you the correct code. You don't have to be in the same place no (I have tried this in two different countries). You can ask them to sync time from the app too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████