Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could futures impact bitcoin?  (Read 574 times)
StayFly

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

I don't fully understand the Futures market.
How could futures impact bitcoin and its price?
Bitcoin futures by top companies will help make bitcoin go mainstream and also boost the bitcoin price as well.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:21:19 PM

I am expecting for more pumps for all of us, bitcoiners, to have a brighter future. Transactions here in tge cryptocurrency world is much better in real life, because here all transactions are fast, and anonymous.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:34:43 PM

I am expecting for more pumps for all of us, bitcoiners, to have a brighter future. Transactions here in tge cryptocurrency world is much better in real life, because here all transactions are fast, and anonymous.
It will happen for bitcoin price continously pump in the coming future. The futures impact bitcoin is the transaction fees that most users are using bitcoin in terms of what you said fast and hassle free.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

It's just way to loos your money if BTC will fall down
The opposite is true.
People could benefit from bitcoin going down, which means that it may cause the price to go down because some strong players may want to benefit from that.

I think that the price of bitcoin is maybe going to suffer from a dip as some whales who are interested to have huge profits may short bitcoin and then sell a large load of bitcoins and they will also profit from selling bitcoins at a high price and then profit from the shorts.
They can later rebuy bitcoin for a low price as they will enable panic selling.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

Dude , you should understand this simple thing! People are investing in Bitcoin because of its increasing prices and it's increasing because people know that the world is turning digital. So online currencies can prevail over paper currencies. This is me main reason why Bitcoin is in the headlines and the countries are in a dilemma .

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:20:07 PM

The futures market will not affect bitcoin  price too mush as there are not  going to invest in bitcoin but using it like gold futures , will definitely going to give bitcoin a little leverage. One thing that I think this future market is going to help stabilize bitcoin price from this high volatility we are experiencing now.  The fluctuations in price is too high  and though we need this as an investors but it is not good for adoption.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

Because bitcoin greatly affects the digital currency, the government just wants to keep fiat money in place and stay in use. We know the world is now growing and technology is growing rapidly. This makes bitcoin will affect the economic system in the future.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:46:09 PM

People are investing in Bitcoin because of its increasing prices and it's increasing because people know that the world is turning digital. So online currencies can prevail over paper currencies. This is me main reason why Bitcoin is in the headlines and the countries are in a dilemma .

Currently it's more the fear of missing out that plays an important role as to why people buy themselves into Bitcoin. Fiat related infrastructure in digital form has been progressing as well, where at this point it offers an ultimate form of convenience, instant payments, insurance over your purchases, instant cash back possibilities, etc. So it's not like people are rushing into crypto just because the world is getting more digital with the day. At this point it's just a speculative investment opportunity for them that they want to benefit from now Bitcoin is going absolutely nuts. Everywhere you go you'll see and hear people talk about Bitcoin having broken this or that level, which motivates other people to invest as well.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:41:51 AM

If futures get bigger in the future I would expect big swings just like we've seen recently. It's only going to make things even more speculative than they already are right now.
This would happen but it takes time. It would be better if you say such will happen in far future. Recently as the prices just got wings and they were touching the skies within a day or two, believe me such charisma will be happening sooner or later. But yes there is one guarantee about bitcoins they will be increasing like anything and nothing can stop them from going to moon.
binting

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:04:30 AM

Actually i dont think so the impact future of bitcoin because as a member in bitcoin is better if you say such will happen in future because bitcoin they will be increasing anything and nothing can stop them going impact.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:08:44 AM

In my view, that would greatly depend on what kind of futures they are going to introduce or have already introduced. There can be basically two kinds, I mean futures that are either cash settled or physically delivered. Obviously, futures contracts that require the actual underlying asset (Bitcoin) to be delivered will directly affect the market price of the underlying simply because this is equal to trading with real bitcoins. But as far as I know, bitcoin futures are only cash settled as of yet, so they shouldn't affect bitcoin and its price on their own.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:40:39 AM

Hard to say really and there's a lot of conflicting information: some say they will stabilize the price, while others say they'll not do much as they only deal in cash... so who knows  Huh

:]
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:51:40 AM

Here's the deal with these futures. You don't actually hold any bitcoin on your own, but you do own some sort of financial instrument given by the CBOE, and it states that they hold bitcoin on the investor's behalf not precisely but somewhat like that. This derivatives is only to be paid in cash and it'll affect the price is institutional buyers would love to influence the price on their own, and this could be a big deal later on.
For me if I am to be ask about impact of bitcoin in future, I can say that if this still a strong organization in the future it will have a big impact which everyone wants to use it daily because as of now bitcoin really gets a high star for people who knows and using it. In terms of financial assistance and support when you badly need it bitcoin will waiting for you. So that would create a big and explosive one in the nearest future

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

I think that in the future, technology will be more advanced. Therefore, the use of online currency will be a trend and at that time the FIAT system will no longer be relevant. We all need to look at the innovations that the future holds and accept the fact that it could possibly happen.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 11:01:11 AM by TTITA

Futures trading is just betting on the price of something at some point in the future.
In that sense it is no different to gambling. I expect there will be more volatility when these markets come online. All i can say is "pity the fool that bets against a deflationary currency using an inflationary one". The people going into this market expecting it play by the same rules as the existing financial markets are going to be the ones who get burnt the most.
A lot of sentiment on this issue, maybe a discussion of some social media that says that will crash when this is starting to apply since last Sunday there is a point. When bitcoin encounters a crash condition, the value will fall dip, in panic selling happen, at that time the bankers will start spending their money on buyback bitcoin to recovery price up again. This is a possible momentum.
braveheart (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:23:51 PM

Dude , you should understand this simple thing! People are investing in Bitcoin because of its increasing prices and it's increasing because people know that the world is turning digital. So online currencies can prevail over paper currencies. This is me main reason why Bitcoin is in the headlines and the countries are in a dilemma .

I think you might have misunderstood my question or I didn't make my question clear enough. My apologies.
I know why people invest in Bitcoin, it's benefits etc.

What I was asking is if the 'futures market' could impact directly on the bitcoin price?

I thought that futures was just a bet on an out come by a certain date, in which case it would have no impact. Its just a bet.

However if futures means that you are betting on an outcome and that you are also promising to buy at that the agreed price on an agreed date, then it could have an outcome because they would now hold bitcoin and collectively have leverage and/or influence on its price.
Miners or holders of large quantities of bitcoin could also play the futures market selling short, causing panic and when the price drops buy up again.
They could buy up bitcoins at a low price and if/when the price then recovers, rinse and repeat.

This is what was going through my mind and was wondering if my thinking is right.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:00:33 PM

Bitcoin futures by top companies will help make bitcoin go mainstream and also boost the bitcoin price as well.
Asides this, I really do not see any much effect it would have and the mainstream is just going to make it popular and create some awareness anyway.

A lot of people have been very skeptical with the whole CME futures, but I see it as a platform to set us up and even though we may feel the wall street guys who are hardcore manipulators could really have a chance on the system, then those who want to get scared would be the ones to lose out.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:51:27 PM

It's just way to loos your money if BTC will fall down
The opposite is true.
People could benefit from bitcoin going down, which means that it may cause the price to go down because some strong players may want to benefit from that.

I think that the price of bitcoin is maybe going to suffer from a dip as some whales who are interested to have huge profits may short bitcoin and then sell a large load of bitcoins and they will also profit from selling bitcoins at a high price and then profit from the shorts.
They can later rebuy bitcoin for a low price as they will enable panic selling.
That is the reason why the same strong players right now are trying to use that means to create FUDs and get a upper hand in the game. However, the market has grown with huge strength that most of them may not actually have seen it coming.

Nevertheless, for those who are smart enough to know the pranks of the big players, it is always good to just play along with them for profit.

Futures markets won't even affect it at all and it is just a matter of time before people started realizing that this is a whole new game and not the ones that has always been played by the so called wall street guys. We are in a game where no single person can just cause a huge disruption in the market anymore and I am sure they should have been able to understand that by now.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:02:39 PM

The volume of the futures is almost non-existent. It's clear that professional investors don't care too much about bitcoin so it's not impacting bitcoin at all. The numbers corraborate that. Everyone was speculating to what the outcome was going to be and it turns out that no one serious cares about it.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:14:45 PM

Its not just about the mainstream inclination but more than that. Futures is actually getting into crypto and theoretically they are turning into bridge between the crypto world and the real world. I mean how many people could have trusted the bitcoin more or less in the near future time? If the futures company and more keep coming like this into the picture then it won't be far that government will also try to get into it and try to implement the thing with the pubic sector. So thats even bigger bonus for the bitcoin and thus more money into bitcoin market.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀