Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Agorist ISPs over US satellites  (Read 1398 times)
caveden (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2011, 12:54:25 PM

Has any agorist geek, expert on networks, ever tried to study the possibility of passing data channels through these easily hijack-ables US military satellites?
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2009/04/fleetcom?currentPage=all

I doubt it would allow for a good bandwith, it and the simple fact that is satellite probably impose a significant lag. But, anyway, if it works, it could be a feasible option to those under the Great Firewall of China for example.

Somebody could come out with an open protocol to allow the routing from this pirate-satellite-network to the Internet. Bitcoins could be used to pay for the routing service.

It would be interesting if possible. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sawzall

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 12:40:24 AM

You think if a country censors the internet they're going to allow you to own the sort of hardware you need to use those birds?
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2011, 09:33:09 PM

You think if a country censors the internet they're going to allow you to own the sort of hardware you need to use those birds?
Maybe not. But what about the innocuous components one might need to build the sort of hardware you need to use those birds?

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
caveden (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 10:13:57 PM

Depending on where you live, or mainly, how your house is (if it has a closed yard, if it is on a rural area etc) they cannot easily control that. It's an antenna not that big, you can hide.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2011, 07:03:27 AM

What clever h8ckers!  How pathetic that the US government can't secure their satellites.  /Does not make me proud to be an American!   Sad

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2011, 08:00:10 AM

You can also use amateur radio satellite or HF-radio transmitter

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
Local

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 08:19:51 AM

What clever h8ckers!  How pathetic that the US government can't secure their satellites.  /Does not make me proud to be an American!   Sad

The government doesn't exist and the relevant individuals don't have the incentives necessary to keep them secure apparently, not surprising to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: