Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 03:20:55 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining cards.. and how they work.. or utilise on board memory  (Read 832 times)
rocksalt

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:31:32 AM

hi all,

question:

does it matter for a mining card to have 1gb or 2gb ram? i assume as were underclocking ram, we're not that interested in the usage of the ram.... more pushing calculations directly into and out of the GPU's so if i got a 5830 with say 512MB ( don't ask Tongue ) it would really matter as it's gpu operations im looking at.

Am i right in thinking this?

TIPS/Donations: mwahahaha.. not that desperate, just a thank you or a flame please but if you must... 1NTZcWQGfdGang9piBKUv9Z1VZ7x6cTXjV
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Fletch

Activity: 168

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:47:51 AM

RAM doesn't affect mining performance. RAM however affects power consumption, so if you're only mining, get a card with as little RAM as possible.

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
rocksalt

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:42:12 AM

cool.. i thought as much....  Grin nice to get a confirmation

TIPS/Donations: mwahahaha.. not that desperate, just a thank you or a flame please but if you must... 1NTZcWQGfdGang9piBKUv9Z1VZ7x6cTXjV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.