Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 07:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GayCoins from 2014- Need help getting them out of an old wallet  (Read 154 times)
guppieman77 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:19:02 PM

So I stopped mining back in 2014, and got busy with life.  Recently I went back through old wallets on my comp and found I had a good amount of Gaycoin.  Downloaded the new wallet, and now I am stuck.

I am having problems moving an old wallet to the new one.  I am trying to transfer my wallet from gaycoin-qt v0.8.6  to the Gay.exe wallet they have on the main site and keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect."  I tried the commands for salvage, rescan, upgrade, and zapwallettxes=2.  

I also tried to dump my private key in the old gaycoin-qt wallet and import it into the new Gay-Online wallet and get the error "Invalid private key (code -5)". 

Does anyone have a suggestion/solution?
gazzer

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:04:29 AM

Did you ever work it out. I am having the same problem. I emailed the guys at GayCoin but have not had a reply. I saw in one thread somewhere that they helped some one else out but I can not find any official notice on what happens to our old Gaycoins
guppieman77 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:06:16 PM

I have not gotten any replies except for yours.  Really hope this isn't a dead issue and I can get them back in circulation soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: