Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to keep the transaction fees?  (Read 309 times)
BitcoinIntern (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:44:17 PM

Hi Folks...Has anyone figured out an easy way to keep the transaction fees and not pay 4% to antpool? I know that mining with Antpool you don't get the transaction fees. But how is everyones experience mining with pools like Kanopool and BCMonster? Thanks.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:56:27 AM

Hi Folks...Has anyone figured out an easy way to keep the transaction fees and not pay 4% to antpool? I know that mining with Antpool you don't get the transaction fees. But how is everyones experience mining with pools like Kanopool and BCMonster? Thanks.
This month, so far, the average TxnFees have been around 16% ... not 4%

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:02:44 AM

Hi Folks...Has anyone figured out an easy way to keep the transaction fees and not pay 4% to antpool?
<snip...>
Easy, don't mine on antpoo.  And as kano points out, txn fees are quite a bit above 4%, which is all the dwarfers made in "back to reality", but that's a different story.  Wink
I get the txn fees by mining on kanopool, have done since day one.   Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:46:57 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 03:36:40 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Hi Folks...Has anyone figured out an easy way to keep the transaction fees and not pay 4% to antpool?
<snip...>
Easy, don't mine on antpoo.  And as kano points out, txn fees are quite a bit above 4%, which is all the dwarfers made in "back to reality", but that's a different story.  Wink
I get the txn fees by mining on kanopool, have done since day one.   Cool
Ditto.
Why is it so many folks try to game the system be it as this case retaining Tx fees or (posted more than a few times) even attempting hacking the blockchain to 'earn' more? Way easier to just understand pro's and con's in mining and in this case -- looking at what other pools offer and picking one more suited to what ya want...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BitcoinIntern (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:33:29 PM

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone. Good to learn better things from you guys everyday Smiley

So it's safe to assume the payouts will be materially more with Kano than Antpool? Why are the other big folks just sticking to Antpool then? I am just curious? Thank you...
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:19:03 PM

Why are the other big folks just sticking to Antpool then?
Good question and is discussed in other threads here
IMHO they are either idiots or just don't know any better.... and define 'big folks'. Odds are anyone running over 1PH will NOT be mining on Antpool unless they have a special arrangement with Bitmain to get at least *some* of the Tx fees.

Kano is very good IF you are running over a few 10's of TH *and* can handle the often long times - currently averaging 3-days - between blocks with the attendant long times between payouts.

If you want far faster block times/payouts use Slushpool. They also share the Tx fees us their users. Much larger pool so hits several blocks per-day and payout threshold can be set by the user. Of course large pool also means more folks splitting the rewards so payout per-block is far smaller than Kano.

Thing is, mining must be looked at over a long time frame - weeks/months - and when ya do that the rewards per-THs will average out to be the same with only difference being pool fees paid and Tx fees shared/not shared.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BitcoinIntern (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:50:12 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 07:46:22 PM by BitcoinIntern

Thank you my friend Smiley. That is very helpful.

With Slushpool you can do merged mining for Namecoin. What are your thoughts on that? Do you do that yourself or suggest to do it? Thanks.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:48:00 PM

Thank you my friend Smiley. That is very helpful.

With Slushpool you can do merged mining for Namecoin. What are your thoughts on that? Do you do that yourself or suggest to do it? Thanks.
Only coin I mine is Bitcoin. No interest at all in others, that is why my 255+ THs have been pointed exclusively at Kano since around 2015

MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:57:21 PM

If you really want to keep mining BTC on Antpool, use PPS+.

I recommend mining BCH on there using PPLNS though.  The transaction fees for BCH are next to zero and you still get 0% fees.   I'm actually surprised they run it that way, their making next to nothing.
BitcoinIntern (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

If you really want to keep mining BTC on Antpool, use PPS+.

I recommend mining BCH on there using PPLNS though.  The transaction fees for BCH are next to zero and you still get 0% fees.   I'm actually surprised they run it that way, their making next to nothing.

Thank you Manta...Why do you suggest using PPS+? What is the difference and how do I do that?
Lesiana

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:59:35 PM

Use bitcoin forks, man. High profit and low fees. For example, one team plan to relaunch SegWit2x - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2595620
They promise a lot of interesting things
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:32:21 PM

Use bitcoin forks, man. High profit and low fees. For example, one team plan to relaunch SegWit2x - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2595620
They promise a lot of interesting things
So they put new makeup and hairstyle on their pig and are again going to attempt to call it a Supermodel eh?
I hope it fails even bigger than last time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: