Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality Decision  (Read 73 times)
JTTech (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:04:06 AM

I see there was a topic prior to this titled Net Neutrality. I'm starting this to discuss how people feel about the decision that was actually made today. Net Neutrality was repealed today and a lot of people are very concerned. How do you guys feel about it? Will it have a major effect on ISPs and the internet in general? How about the effect on crypto? All sides of the argument welcome.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:53:50 PM

I see there was a topic prior to this titled Net Neutrality. I'm starting this to discuss how people feel about the decision that was actually made today. Net Neutrality was repealed today and a lot of people are very concerned. How do you guys feel about it? Will it have a major effect on ISPs and the internet in general? How about the effect on crypto? All sides of the argument welcome.

Sure the internet was usable before net neutrality but as the Netflix case has shown, without net neutrality these ISPs would try to fleece everyone as much as they can. The argument that people can simply switch to a different provider is ridiculous when you consider that in some areas, there is only one available ISP.
Stegobit

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:47:53 PM

ISPs in the US are monopolies in fact. Very expensive and crappy Internet comparing to all Europe.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:49:53 PM

This will hurt most consumers. The idea of freely being able to choose a provider is false. Most consumers like myself only have one company for our Internet so they can hike up the rates since we have no other option. Either pay their ridiculous fees or no internet. Ridiculous.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:07:36 PM

This will hurt most consumers. The idea of freely being able to choose a provider is false. Most consumers like myself only have one company for our Internet so they can hike up the rates since we have no other option. Either pay their ridiculous fees or no internet. Ridiculous.

True. I believe it's the same in many other countries, sure applies to mine. Only 2 over the entire country so you can't really threaten them that you'd cancel your sub.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:46:46 PM

It is rather going to hurt the US consumers and not the whole world but am sure when a liberal president is elected, he is going to revert it back to what it previously was and the cycle will continue again when a conservative is elected into office.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:54:54 PM

It is a disgusting thing to do to your citizens and this is the beginning of losing every part of privacy we have as citizens. I won't accept it and will stand up for my rights as long as I live.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: