Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me recover bitcoin wallet, payment 10BTC  (Read 431 times)
Deddsq (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:26:56 AM

Bitcoin wallet. Dat Purse 2010. Forgot the password from memory I remember it was bitcoin core. How do I decrypt a password are there any people who do it? Leave your contacts and feedback

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:42:32 AM

You can always install btcrecover and attempt to find the password yourself. It's a free open source project. It all depends on how accurate you are with your information, and how much you know of the password.

If you believe there's only a typo or you are missing a few characters then it should be somewhat solvable using different techniques on btcrecover. If you don't know the password and have no idea what it could be then it's going to be close to impossible if the password isn't weak.

You can test directly against the wallet.dat file that you have, or if anyone else helps you then you can extract the mkey and give them that to avoid them having access to your wallet if they guess the password.

btcrecover: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover
Deddsq (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:59:15 AM

You can always install btcrecover and attempt to find the password yourself. It's a free open source project. It all depends on how accurate you are with your information, and how much you know of the password.

If you believe there's only a typo or you are missing a few characters then it should be somewhat solvable using different techniques on btcrecover. If you don't know the password and have no idea what it could be then it's going to be close to impossible if the password isn't weak.

You can test directly against the wallet.dat file that you have, or if anyone else helps you then you can extract the mkey and give them that to avoid them having access to your wallet if they guess the password.

It's just that the purse is seven years old and I've forgotten everything, so I'm looking for a professional who can help.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:48:38 AM

It's just that the purse is seven years old and I've forgotten everything, so I'm looking for a professional who can help.
I suggest start by loading Core, letting it download and running it. Play with it a bit every day or two for a month or two. You might wake up one morning and remember your password.
morbius55

Activity: 217
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:38:52 AM

Has anyone ever tried a hypnotist?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:38:37 AM

Well, it you used a weak password then it may be possible to brute force it. But, if you haven't then you've likely lost access. You should put yourself in the situation when you first made the wallet to see if this reminds you of anything.

You could contact a few people who can attempt to crack it for you, and provide them with other passwords which you have used in the past to identify the patterns you use and go from there.
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

Try Dave:
https://walletrecoveryservices.com
walletrecoverywizard

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 12:07:22 AM

Try Wallet Recovery Wizard, easy-to-use graphical solution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2936466.0
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:46:14 AM

How do I decrypt a password are there any people who do it? Leave your contacts and feedback
if there's a way to decrypt your password then using a password is useless in the first place
the only way I know is brute force method with massive computational power
and as mentioned before, there are few services that can help you with that

Has anyone ever tried a hypnotist?
or try his suggestion...  Grin

ntoken

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:52:29 AM

That's not bad, and you can get your coins back someday... for sure

My 2 cents here is to "MAKE A COPY OF THE WALLET.DAT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING",

good luck, you millionaire  Cool
SanderM2

Activity: 23
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:36:53 AM

Bitcoin wallet. Dat Purse 2010. Forgot the password from memory I remember it was bitcoin core. How do I decrypt a password are there any people who do it? Leave your contacts and feedback

Don't you have any clue about the possible passwords?

If not, then I'm afraid your chances are very low because none of the wallet recovery services are doing brute forcing without any password clues.
It's their policy to prevent them from working on stolen wallets.

You can use btcrecover yourself but it will take ages to brute force the wallet if you don't have any clue about the passwords.

IF you do have clues of possible passwords you used in the past and/or there's a pattern in how you usually create passwords, there's a very big chance you'll be able to recover it with btcrecover.

In the later case, let me know if you need help with this.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:26:57 PM

As previously mentioned, btcrecover would be the way to go.
But you have to remember at least something from your password.

I want to add something very important which hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:
Do NOT give your wallet file or any other sensitive information to random people posting here / PMing you.

For example, this one is spamming his 'recovery service' in every thread regarding lost passwords, even if those threads are 2 years old:

A newbie, who 'offers to help' with retreiving passwords is not trustworthy at all:

Those are 2 examples of untrustworthy 'offers'.
90%+ of PM's you will receive from people 'ready to help you are scam. Don't fall for them.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:26:53 AM

As previously mentioned, btcrecover would be the way to go.
But you have to remember at least something from your password.

I want to add something very important which hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:
Do NOT give your wallet file or any other sensitive information to random people posting here / PMing you.

For example, this one is spamming his 'recovery service' in every thread regarding lost passwords, even if those threads are 2 years old:

A newbie, who 'offers to help' with retreiving passwords is not trustworthy at all:

Those are 2 examples of untrustworthy 'offers'.
90%+ of PM's you will receive from people 'ready to help you are scam. Don't fall for them.

Agree with the response provided here.
Users here can provide feedback as to how to use BTCRecover if you need help with the steps - but never send your wallet to anyone.
Technically he could try to use BTCRecover with no knowledge of his previous password but this is usually futile due to how many passwords exist.
theviceroy

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:57:24 AM

Do you remember if you created the password or if it was generated? If it's the former, think about various things going on in your life at that moment. Scroll through your inbox for that period, look at your bank statements, look at your iPhone photo gallery. Jog your memory about who you were at that point in your life and what you were going through. Write down all of that in a simple list. PM me for more details.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

You could try pywallet as well. I know of several people who were able to recover their passwords in this way.

Also, whoever suggested a hypnotist, that might not be a bad idea. Given that you're offering 10 BTC, it must be a pretty large balance. A hypnotist wouldn't even cost you a tenth of that, and the various recovery tools will only cost you time and effort.

Also, just to reiterate, 99% of those offering to 'help' by wanting access to your wallet.dat file are going to steal your shit if you give it to them. And you really have no idea who won't. Be really damn careful. And if you are successful in recovering it, IMMEDIATELY move it. Just in case.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:02:00 AM

Open the Bitcoin folder; there you'll see the wallet.dat file. Look at the details in the wallet.dat file to retrieve your password.

What? No.
A password would be completely senseless if you could just right click and "look at the details" to retrieve it.
The password is not stored anywhere on your PC.

The private keys are encrypted with a (fully random) master key which is encrypted with AES-256-CBC with a key derived from the passphrase using SHA-512
and a dynamic number of rounds (depending on speed of the computer which does the initial encryption).

NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:51:39 AM

You can try using Hashcat with JTR if you have a fast machine to do the calculations.
This is what the wallet recovery services actually do. Extract the hashed password and try to bruteforce it.
Make a list of the passwords you used from back then if you have any - try very old forum passwords, make a list with different capital and lower case letters, numbers you usually use. Never give your wallet file and password list to anyone you do not trust. Good luck!
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:54:29 AM

Actually there are ways to recover your bitcoin password cause mostly the customer care unit are not really helpful in such situation, my dad had the same issue after mining his btc for a long time and was ready to move it out of his blockchain.info wallet, he faced issues relating to password and contacted the customer service but no reasonable help was offered. It was an investment consultant that helped him out until he was bale to move it out successful.. thankful i am able to live in a luxury building in miami with him lol. if you'd need help of the same consultant, you can send me a message and i'd ask my dada for you. Goodluck !
This post seems pretty fishy to me... Stay safe and dont give information to people just like this one !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: