Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for bitcoin mining rental service  (Read 10637 times)
lechuck (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:16:09 AM

im looking for a service that will rent bitcoin miners to me for a reasonable price - i have found one service but the prices are obscene!

any tips?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:45:27 AM

I've thought about this and I currently have ~2.3ghs available for rent.
I would like to keep things very simple between the two parties involved.

I haven't sat down and priced up exact monthly rental plans but if you are serious about this please send me a pm with the length of contract you have in mind and we can take it from there.

lechuck (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:52:09 AM

well that really depends on the price.. im still looking around myself, not even sure if this can be profitable at all

could you gve some estimates for:
250Mhs, 500Mhs, 1000Mhs / month?
Reikoku

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:57:29 AM

See my sig.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
bitcoin-rigs.com

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:14:47 PM

If you are still looking for a mining contract I can offer 200MHash/sec for $90/month.  I have up to 1GHash/sec available now and will have more soon.
www.bitcoin-rigs.com

im looking for a service that will rent bitcoin miners to me for a reasonable price - i have found one service but the prices are obscene!

any tips?

NOTE: Even though my username is bitcoin-rigs.com, I let the domain run out and now it is owned by someone trying to sell it for rip-off prices.  I am not the one selling it and I have no control of it :-(
punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:02:05 AM

My math is not spotless but I can't see a 1gH rig that costs $1350 for 3 months being able to make enough bitcoins today or even into the near future to support the rental fee?
From the bitcoin miner reward estimation calculator you can only make ~0.54btc a day with 1gH.
I must be getting this wrong, can you tell me how many btc your 1gH rig is producing?
Regards.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
NetTecture

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:14:52 AM

My math is not spotless but I can't see a 1gH rig that costs $1350 for 3 months being able to make enough bitcoins today or even into the near future to support the rental fee?
From the bitcoin miner reward estimation calculator you can only make ~0.54btc a day with 1gH.
I must be getting this wrong, can you tell me how many btc your 1gH rig is producing?
Regards.

Welll, here is m math.

I have a gear making 2.5 gigahash.

I will get value X out of it in the next month.

You want to rent it.

WHY THE HELL should I rent it to you lower than my possible income?
awigaxeh-443

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 10:04:33 AM

what the heck is the point of renting it out if you don't want anything lower than your possible mining income?
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 06:07:41 AM

necro post!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

I don't think this is the right audience to try to rent hardware/hashing from.

I almost view it like a farmer cash-renting his land.  If he doesn't want to work it, retired, etc, he can then cash-rent his land to someone else who'll do the work and pay some agreed-upon amount.

I think the audience you should be targeting aren't on this site at all.  You should be targeting users on other forums (like gaming) who have the equipment, but might not know about bitcoins.  Pay those people in cash, once month, and say "if you have an old 5770 that you're not using while you'er at work, run this software and I'll pay you $.25 per day if you keep it on 24/7.  (less if they decide to play their games and turn off the software).

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 10:52:17 PM

I have up to 36Gh for rent. PM me.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:05:10 PM

Regards.

When you rent, expect to pay a premium.  Why should you pay a premium?  It saves you the hassle of buying the hardware, setting it up, optimizing it, maintaining it, and hoping none of your hardware components die out on you.  Also, you are essentially paying for the electrical cost.  When most miners mine, they need to pay for electricity.  This electrical cost still exists in the mining contract, and it's going to come out of your pocket.  And, if the price of BTC goes up, your rental agreement could be a steal.

That being said, I have a radeon 5870 getting 460 m/hash at a cool 60C that I will rent for $175/mo, guaranteed 98% uptime, payment for entire length of contract due up front.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:21:28 PM

That being said, I have a radeon 5870 getting 460 m/hash at a cool 60C that I will rent for $175/mo, guaranteed 98% uptime, payment for entire length of contract due up front.

Is that a typo or are you kidding? 460MH nets you less than 10 BTC per month, or ~$45 at the current price. If I had any hopes BTC would increase 4x in a month, Id rather place a bet on bitcoinica Smiley.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:26:35 PM

Is that a typo or are you kidding? 460MH nets you less than 10 BTC per month, or ~$45 at the current price. If I had any hopes BTC would increase 4x in a month, Id rather place a bet on bitcoinica Smiley.

False dichotomy.  I put an offer that beats the other guy's offer of 1 g/hash at $1350 for 3 months.  If he wants he can spend $500 building his own 1 X 5870 rig.

But I'm open to negotiation   Grin
Kaos

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:37:12 PM

Yey for necroposting btw... Anywho...

There's no point in asking a miner to rent their rig IMHO, since they will want to mark up on their existing profits and as such you'll never get your investment back. Owning shares on a miner's rig on the other hand does make sense as proven by BTCSYN, FPGA.contract, etc since you'll help them started and consume part of the starting and expansion costs.

As mentioned already if you know a gamer who doesn't care about his electricity bills you could ask him to run the software durning non-gaming hours and for every X BTC you'll split it 60/40... then he'll realise what you're doing, kick you out of the deal and keep 100% of the profits himself... - Erm.. so that's out of the window then...

Realistically the only reason why anyone of us would want to 'rent' is so we don't have to worry about the setup costs and power costs.

I have a proposal should you care to listen... Rent a flat in a cheap country, Bulgaria comes to mind since I'm in the EU (BG has a kWh of € 0.0674 for businesses, compared to €0.1019 here in the UK). Fill it with racks and promote the equivalent of a Collocation where your customers can choose to either:

a) ship over their hardware and it will get hosted for a fixed price per month or percentage to cover for power consumption plus a small profit margin, plus maintenance/uptime (i.e. standard Data Centre concept), or
b) let the client configure a rig online up to their budget and specs and then build it and host it again for fixed price or percentage per month.

Now... remember you're in the business of hosting and not mining so you'll give them a better deal than miners and in return you get steady returns and a low startup capital (since you don't have to fork out for the hardware).

Ideas?!
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:41:58 PM

False dichotomy.  I put an offer that beats the other guy's offer of 1 g/hash at $1350 for 3 months.  If he wants he can spend $500 building his own 1 X 5870 rig.

Ah, but you may want to check the date on that post and then look up price/difficulty for back then Wink.

But I'm open to negotiation   Grin

Feel free to make me a less ludicrous offer by PM.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:20:27 AM

I have thought about this more and have an offer:

I will do a 9.85Gh mining contract for 100 days for 650 BTC paid in full up front. I am going to make a separate thread about this also, so PM me if you are interested.
joe82

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:38:29 AM

I have 30ghash for rent

30 days = 200BTC per 10Ghash
100 days = 600 BTC per 10Ghash
150 days = 850 BTC per 10Ghash
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 03:07:46 AM

I have thought about this more and have an offer:

I will do a 9.85Gh mining contract for 100 days for 650 BTC paid in full up front. I am going to make a separate thread about this also, so PM me if you are interested.

This offer has now been taken per my other thread.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:15:09 PM

Starting my own thread - 50% the Gh/s and timeframe of gigavps (if that is more appealing).

Maybe change my handle to halfvps  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: