Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Rig Purchased and Hashing .... erm, so what's next??!!  (Read 4723 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

You have all 3 500 GH modules hashing? Post pics!

oh I wish! BFL couldn't get the 1.5 TH rig to work. 500GH is all I'm stuck with!

Be happy to post some pics - stupid question, can you attach local photos somehow? Seems only online stuff can be posted?

What happened with "we will honor the ordered hash rate"?

What a bunch of amateurs, it's so sad to see newbies placing new orders, greed makes people do very stupid things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thebrit (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Make the Bitcoin, don't let the Bitcoin make you.

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:22:38 PM

thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:27:22 PM

oh I wish! BFL couldn't get the 1.5 TH rig to work. 500GH is all I'm stuck with!

Be happy to post some pics - stupid question, can you attach local photos somehow? Seems only online stuff can be posted?

What a bunch of amateurs, it's so sad to see newbies placing new orders, greed makes people do very stupid things.

Ah ... You assume I got it from BFL. I didn't, got it resale. Yes I paid more ... much more that their asking price. I don't care as its hashing for me right now while others are waiting!

BFL are paying out three rigs per 1500GH order I believe to make right on their promise.
thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:28:26 PM

thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:31:37 PM

Newbie? Sure. Idiot? No. Greed? Not particularly, I'm not going to get rich off this, I just find it a fascinating concept and I choose to be a part of it. Of course I'd like to make a little off it, who doesn't?

See previous post on BFL honoring their promise as discussed.

To everyone else - there you go! I'm hosting at a datacenter and so no I'm not going to find a newspaper or something to hold up to it, these photos are my own and you can see my hashrate. Hope that's enough proof!

Thanks all.

kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:39:34 PM

Wow, just wow!
9 btc a day, i'd dream of that Smiley
I bought a hd7850 with a mining 8600gt O-O
Good old times...
philips

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:45:41 PM

Newbie? Sure. Idiot? No. Greed? Not particularly, I'm not going to get rich off this, I just find it a fascinating concept and I choose to be a part of it. Of course I'd like to make a little off it, who doesn't?

See previous post on BFL honoring their promise as discussed.

To everyone else - there you go! I'm hosting at a datacenter and so no I'm not going to find a newspaper or something to hold up to it, these photos are my own and you can see my hashrate. Hope that's enough proof!

Thanks all.

Don't bother, he is probably in another thread posting fresh info and proof about how BFL is delivering 500GH instead of 1500 as promised Smiley
thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:53:30 PM

philips, for a senior forum member you are quite the nasty one aren't you? I'm no BFL apologist, I believe their backlog situation was not handled well and could be much much improved. I simply state - as I have proven - honest opinion and facts.

That said, I actually concluded my deal ... at BFL, where they were happy to transfer the warranty to me, and facilitate the purchase even though they didn't make a dime from it! I am just fortunate to live in the same city as them.

Oh, and one more thing - I bought this off someone who already had multiple rigs .... from BFL ... on account of them keeping their work about delivering the purchased hash rate. Ooops.

Thanks.

thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:55:31 PM

Wow, just wow!
9 btc a day, i'd dream of that Smiley
I bought a hd7850 with a mining 8600gt O-O
Good old times...

Shoulda coulda woulda right? I was so angry w/ myself for not bothering to learn about bitcoin until a month or so ago. Looks like there are plenty of opportunities though, in what will be an exciting couple of years for a completely new kind of currency!

philips

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:02:14 PM

philips, for a senior forum member you are quite the nasty one aren't you? I'm no BFL apologist, I believe their backlog situation was not handled well and could be much much improved. I simply state - as I have proven - honest opinion and facts.

That said, I actually concluded my deal ... at BFL, where they were happy to transfer the warranty to me, and facilitate the purchase even though they didn't make a dime from it! I am just fortunate to live in the same city as them.

Oh, and one more thing - I bought this off someone who already had multiple rigs .... from BFL ... on account of them keeping their work about delivering the purchased hash rate. Ooops.

Thanks.

Yep, I am really bad.
Thing is, this is how things are going around here, one misunderstanding here is taken as truth somewhere else, and soon enough it will be evidence.
thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:09:07 PM

Thanks.

Yep, I am really bad.
Thing is, this is how things are going around here, one misunderstanding here is taken as truth somewhere else, and soon enough it will be evidence.

OK thanks for the explanation - I was a little worried I'd done something to tick you off! I can only post my personal experiences, as that is all I know is fact around here and I have done my best to prove that!

All I state is what I've seen, and certainly I'm not out to shill for anyone. I am just extremely glad I'm not stuck waiting for BFL equipment I gave up my hard earned money for, let alone some Swedish company who doesn't have anything being manufactured and is promising a Sept release! Crazy in the my mind ... and THAT is conjecture!

So ... what on earth should I look to as the next big thing? Any ideas all???

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:14:01 PM

so tell us the story of how you came about buying it.  from whom?  was it off ebay?  how much did you pay?
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:33:14 AM

OP has more money than brains if this is all true.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:35:34 AM

so tell us the story of how you came about buying it.  from whom?  was it off ebay?  how much did you pay?

Well ... I bought a USB asic, then a Blade, and then decided in for a penny, in for a pound! Or dollar.

The miner was on sale on eBay initially for $106,000. I spoke to the seller and actually it was being hosted in KC - a datacenter that does a lot of business with BFL. I basically met one of the sellers pool members who was over from Europe and we went to look at it, hence the photos. We negotiated down - WAY down and came to an agreement. I paid well over 50k for it, and no I'm not sure if it was a good investment or not! Depends on what it's worth if I decide to sell it a couple months down the road, as they say everything has a price!

I figured if I was going to get into the mining thing then go for the fastest thing on the market, and so I did! I know of only one other ever resold, but I"m sure that'll change as time goes on.

I hope all the prophets that state BTC will appreciate are correct. I'm not counting on it, silly to really, but one can hope!

thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:37:27 AM

OP has more money than brains if this is all true.

Hehe, maybe yes, maybe no! Ask me in three months and I'll let you know.

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:39:52 AM

This sounds like a BFL shill.

Everyone knows they aren't shipping anything Smiley

He says he bought it on the secondary market. Which is possible. But, still hard to believe. Especially since you have no pictures, no hash rate proof, nothing.

I know of two units that went secondary so that is plausible.   Congrats.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
philips

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:41:19 AM

Bold move, enjoy your rig.
In the meantime have some fun with this calculator: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com

Respect

EDIT: BTW, don't get discouraged by some comments, if you stick around you will need to grow some thick skin.
thebrit (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:55:51 AM

Bold move, enjoy your rig.
In the meantime have some fun with this calculator: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com

Respect

EDIT: BTW, don't get discouraged by some comments, if you stick around you will need to grow some thick skin.

As I'm learning Philip(s?!) - cheers for the good advice.

I love the calculator, nicely detailed, although difficulty jumps should be calculated twice a month I would say.

We shall see what we shall see - still don't believe BFL is going to ramp their release schedule much given what I saw, and KnC is whistling in the wind - Asicminer are happy with their new little 10GH/s blades and USBs and avalon are sticking w/ their 3-4 module systems that don't top 110GH/s. No sign of these TH monsters on the horizon ... and that makes me happy!

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:06:32 AM

Thank you for your comments, all very interesting! The point of my post was really to gain thoughts on what was coming up after the 400-500GHs machines.

You are quite correct in that 3 months will be needed to come close to paying this off. I do not have faith in KnC having anything out before ... well, this year honestly!

All in all it's been a fascinating project learning about Mining, and getting involved in a big way! Although it doesn't really matter if people thing I'm lying or full of it, I shall endeavor to attach photos and proof of my hashrate - hopefully that will be enough!

I didn't but on eBay, but I certainly paid what some would consider a 'crazy price!'

May difficulty stay low and/or the force be with you!

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: