Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a BTC crash destroy alt coins?  (Read 526 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

First of all Bitcoin is not going to crash because there is largest population of the world yet to get in BTC, still a great number of people worldwide are not very well aware about Bitcoin, BTC market is Young and the increasing price of BTC is unstoppable.
But IF Bitcoin crash then the era of cryptocurrency revolution will meet its end.

So what?
Bitcoin has been through numerous "crashes". If it happened before it can happen again.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

i think if bitcoin die it will effect the entire price cryptomarket, cryptocurrency wont attract investors anymore because investors has given up bitcoin, so the market will surely be weaken and altcoins may take a long time to regain their effect on the cryptomarket but can hardly be destroyed by bitcoin crash.

cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:52:21 PM

The otherwa around should happen if the BTC collapses the foundation of all cryptos,some alts will survive and their price will increase because they are measured in satoshi.

Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:56:40 PM

I think if bitcoin would crash it will definitely affect the Altcoins since bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currency. People might think that if bitcoin which is the best and stable currency in the crypto world crashed so all the altcoins that can't replace the bitcoin. But ofcourse I still believe that it won't happen even in the future.
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:06:02 PM

i think if bitcoin die it will effect the entire price cryptomarket, cryptocurrency wont attract investors anymore because investors has given up bitcoin, so the market will surely be weaken and altcoins may take a long time to regain their effect on the cryptomarket but can hardly be destroyed by bitcoin crash.

A possible big crash would destroy the whole market but it's not time to talk about this. Correction waves and crashes are possibly happening when the time comes, being vital is to hold your coins anyway.
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:36:42 PM

Yes the crash of bitcoin affects altcoins but there are lots of coins which are not overpriced like bitcoin now so even though they may be affected a little bit, they will not crash hard.
So everything will change soon when bitcoin grows evenly and altcoyin will not grow
wklt2002

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:41:15 PM

I think that when Bitcoin crashes down to something like 2000$, certain coins that are not depending on bitcoin will go up a lot, but coins that do depend on Bitcoin will crash along with Bitcoin. So let's hope that doesn't happen.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:55:01 AM

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. I am a learner in the crypto scene.  Embarrassed

I know BTC probably isn't going to crash anytime soon, and in this case, if a huge BTC crash happens, eventually most altcoins would suffer alot.

But, in this cenario of crash, would most of the alts be done? I mean, what are the odds of altcoins surviving this crash? Would they then get negotiated with fiat?

I was just wondering this and wanted to discuss this (distant?) possibility...

Since Bitcoin was Volatile, it means crashing the price value is impossible to be happen, because it may go down but in just for awhile it will goes up again. That's the reason why most of the traders stay long in different exchange platform especially in doing trade in bitcoin or in the altcoins. So, I don't think that when Bitcoin crash destroy altcoin.
TemplarKnightFrank

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:56:22 AM

If Bitcoin will crash, it will destroy useless altcoins. But loads of projects will prosper, because people will pour the bitcoin money into them.
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:35:21 AM

Well one thing to consider - what if Bitcoin crashes BECAUSE of something that's launched as an Altcoin? Let's call it "Bitcoin Fresh" (please God tell me that there's no such coin and that no one will try to take this idea...)

Anyway let's say Satoshi comes back to life and launches Bitcoin Fresh with many of the original developers - you could imagine Bitcoin tanking and Bitcoin Fresh rising.

Would that be good or bad for altcoins? I think it'd be good. It means that Bitcoin isn't the be all and end all of coins.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
Austin69

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:28:23 AM

Well one thing to consider - what if Bitcoin crashes BECAUSE of something that's launched as an Altcoin? Let's call it "Bitcoin Fresh" (please God tell me that there's no such coin and that no one will try to take this idea...)

Anyway let's say Satoshi comes back to life and launches Bitcoin Fresh with many of the original developers - you could imagine Bitcoin tanking and Bitcoin Fresh rising.

Would that be good or bad for altcoins? I think it'd be good. It means that Bitcoin isn't the be all and end all of coins.
where do I get Bitcoin Fresh? do they have a skydrop??? Are they on Bittrex???
Renal

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:02:53 AM

I think if bitcoin is destroyed then all the crypto world will be destroyed as well.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:46:01 PM

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. I am a learner in the crypto scene.  Embarrassed

I know BTC probably isn't going to crash anytime soon, and in this case, if a huge BTC crash happens, eventually most altcoins would suffer alot.

But, in this cenario of crash, would most of the alts be done? I mean, what are the odds of altcoins surviving this crash? Would they then get negotiated with fiat?

Bitcoin could go down sharply only if will be installed state restriction on whole blockchain technology use for getting electronic currencies. Then all cryptos will fall. But I don’t see any premises for such events.
cInfiniteBtcLetsShare

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:06:28 PM

ETH will survive!

BEcause....is the BEST ALTcoin...and is much better then BTC Roll Eyes
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

as trader works on managing customs of tasks with evaluation,
then might defines of one with decision to work with the request of submission.

the altcoins developer might shown with the looks on drawing of chart as they run of strategy as displacing part on allocation with the funds as following or running of opponential option with the trend running on exchange market as confront with the bitcoin.

scs3jb

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:35:27 PM

Yes, the markets are linked and bitcoin crash would undermine faith in all cryptocurrency.  I don't think there's much we can do about that.

Here's the scenarios I have thought through:
1. Small adjustment
2. Large adjustment
3. Full scale crash
4. Flippening

For 1, this is likely and overdue.  All cryptos will dip when btc goes through this.  Good buying opportunities for those that are not overly invested in crypto.
For 2, this is a risk.  All cryptos would crash, particularly Litecoin, ETH, Bitcoin Cash, etc.  There would be a long term recovery.
For 3, this is a smaller risk.  All cryptos would crash.  Your money is gone, but the hardcore would continue to push for it to be a cryptocurrency.  The tech will be applied to banking.
For 4, only BTC and its clones would collapse.  The most likely candidate is Bitcoin Cash, providing the whales continue to to carry it to adoption and burn money to ride out adjustments.  I believe there are several whales that will do this.  If the fears of lightning and blocksize prove to be false, a flippening will not happen until a contender appears or there is a mistake with the handling of the btc project.

I'm curious to see what the 'bankers' add to the equation now futures are here, these reckless tools will undoubtedly fuel blind panic.

My observations of watching adjustments across a decent mix:
Monero and Dash I have observed to buck the trends, and can often go up whilst BTC and its clones dip.  The wider trends they follow though.
BTC, BCH, BCG, ETH, LTC, etc. are all joint at the hip with BTC having the biggest impact on the others.  This is down to their properties, there's really not much difference between most coins in terms of technical properties.

There's a lot of shitcoins, mostly running on pure speculation so these are just a random guess.

I think crypto has value and I hope it persists; providing it becomes more efficient and replaces cash.

note: obviously pure opinion
Kolokoy

Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:41:21 PM

Bitcoin has the largest group of developers in order to maintain the security and integrity of the it's Blockchain network and that's why Bitcoin's price is continually surging expensive.
But, if the blockchain network isn't secure anymore that is when someone could penetrate the system or hack multiple servers at a time then that's the time Bitcoin will crash and so as the Altcoins, is Bitcoin network isn't safe and so as Ethereum, LiteCoin, Waves, Ripple and other Blockchain platforms because when one blockchain is flawed then the rest will follow.

Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:46:33 PM

ETH will survive!

I don't really think Bitcoin in any circumstances aside of network core sabotage will crash the entire blockchain.
This of this, there's no way Bitcoin will crash because of the large number of Bitcoin core running at the same time and it's hard to penetrate multiple machines in the network. But I only see two reasons why Bitcoin will crash. It's either Bitcoin network is hacked or penetrated or sabotage multiple machines in the network at the same time or secondly the internet is shutting down due to major catastrophic nature events that will cause data centers affected.

Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:49:26 PM

ETH will survive!

When Bitcoin crashes, no Altcoins will survive either because when the blockchain core is compromised then the other cores will be then follow.
There's a large number of developers and blockchain security experts marinating the security and the integrity of the blockchain core network that is preventing from hackers to develop their way into crashing it that's makes Bitcoin mote expensive today.

Qrivium

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:59:31 PM

Yes, the markets are linked and bitcoin crash would undermine faith in all cryptocurrency.  I don't think there's much we can do about that.

Here's the scenarios I have thought through:
1. Small adjustment
2. Large adjustment
3. Full scale crash
4. Flippening

For 1, this is likely and overdue.  All cryptos will dip when btc goes through this.  Good buying opportunities for those that are not overly invested in crypto.
For 2, this is a risk.  All cryptos would crash, particularly Litecoin, ETH, Bitcoin Cash, etc.  There would be a long term recovery.
For 3, this is a smaller risk.  All cryptos would crash.  Your money is gone, but the hardcore would continue to push for it to be a cryptocurrency.  The tech will be applied to banking.
For 4, only BTC and its clones would collapse.  The most likely candidate is Bitcoin Cash, providing the whales continue to to carry it to adoption and burn money to ride out adjustments.  I believe there are several whales that will do this.  If the fears of lightning and blocksize prove to be false, a flippening will not happen until a contender appears or there is a mistake with the handling of the btc project.

I'm curious to see what the 'bankers' add to the equation now futures are here, these reckless tools will undoubtedly fuel blind panic.

My observations of watching adjustments across a decent mix:
Monero and Dash I have observed to buck the trends, and can often go up whilst BTC and its clones dip.  The wider trends they follow though.
BTC, BCH, BCG, ETH, LTC, etc. are all joint at the hip with BTC having the biggest impact on the others.  This is down to their properties, there's really not much difference between most coins in terms of technical properties.

There's a lot of shitcoins, mostly running on pure speculation so these are just a random guess.

I think crypto has value and I hope it persists; providing it becomes more efficient and replaces cash.

note: obviously pure opinion

Agree. Nice.  If BTC crashes people need to understand the chances of the exchanges not crashing - so you will not get your money out - are zero.  They will crash and the truth is NONE of the exchangeshave enough FIAT on hand if too many people want to convert to cash.   

Yes, a crash can happen and has happened and will happen again.  WHen it happens and how low it will go is not something people can predict. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: