Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin spending  (Read 2364 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:36:34 PM

@crumbs: yes, I was hoping someone would point out that the circumstances I described are not terribly far removed from present-day state of affairs. It was a bit of a leading question, really!

OT, I think it all depends on the size of your BTC stash, and the price range you bought in at. I made my most significant investment in late 2011, so I'm fairly comfortable toying with it in the way I described a few posts back. I can fully see how those that bought in during 2012 or 2013 might not be so keen to experiment with their investment, lol. Just bear in mind the fairly wise prediction of our own Gavin Andressen: that there could be as many as 5 major Bitcoin price bubbles throughout the course of it's life. Buy low, sell high....

Vires in numeris
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:41:18 PM

"The greedy never yell "Let them eat cake!"  At least not the ones that matter. "

I'm a close observer of American politics and I see the "let them eat cake" attitude all the time.
The American right yell let them eat cake (or beans,or applesauce as the case may be) all the time.

You've missed the "not the ones that matter" part.  The rich are still rich & alive, need i say more? Smiley
in alternative: I'm not even sure if the people you've listed believe a word of what they're saying.  I have a sneaking suspicion that i'm being trolled by them, that they are the the paragon of deadpan comedy, never breaking character, never spoiling the act with lame "/sarcasm" tags.  Think of Kafka's "The Hunger Artist," or the Grand Inquisitor from The Brothers Karamazov -- that sort of dedication.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:45:29 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that i'm being trolled by them, that they are the the paragon of deadpan comedy, never breaking character, never spoiling the act with lame "/sarcasm" tags.  Think of Kafka's "The Hunger Artist," or the Grand Inquisitor from The Brothers Karamazov -- that sort of dedication.

Hard lols, and you'd be right to throw the rest of the establishment in with them, like Obama the constitutional attorney (I would find it impossible to maintain decorum saying some of the stuff he gets away with)

Vires in numeris
crumbs

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 09:17:05 PM by crumbs

I have a sneaking suspicion that i'm being trolled by them, that they are the the paragon of deadpan comedy, never breaking character, never spoiling the act with lame "/sarcasm" tags.  Think of Kafka's "The Hunger Artist," or the Grand Inquisitor from The Brothers Karamazov -- that sort of dedication.

Hard lols, and you'd be right to throw the rest of the establishment in with them, like Obama the constitutional attorney (I would find it impossible to maintain decorum saying some of the stuff he gets away with)

I'm not an Obama basher -- i admire his first campaign, actually.  A lesson was learned from Goebbels, who revolutionised the world of advertising, showing that bold, simple images with bold, meaningless words are so full of win!
Edit: segway for clarity

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:36:15 PM

I'm not an Obama basher -- i admire his first campaign, actually.  A lesson was learned from Goebbels, who revolutionised the world of advertising, showing that bold, simple images with bold, meaningless words are so full of win!

That is a truly disturbing statement. I think you meant segue.

Vires in numeris
crumbs

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:40:02 PM

I'm not an Obama basher -- i admire his first campaign, actually.  A lesson was learned from Goebbels, who revolutionised the world of advertising, showing that bold, simple images with bold, meaningless words are so full of win!

That is a truly disturbing statement. I think you meant segue.
Embarrassed I did, i did Embarrassed
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: