Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still have NOT RECIEVED Batch #2 Avalon DEMAND A RESPONSE!  (Read 2962 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

Does anyone have any other ways to contact yifu besides PM and claims?  Please let me know.

Someone did post his mobile number (US) in a thread 2-3 weeks ago. Doubt it's still the same after that.

It was a similar complaints thread about batch #1, #2 or #3. I think it was Wayne Chang's thread...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:43:20 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 05:55:40 PM by alfabitcoin

Does anyone have any other ways to contact yifu besides PM and claims?  Please let me know.
There is a phone number in bitsyncom New York office. Its in newsletter what you receive on email.

edit
BitSyncom LLC

• Phone: 01.347.370.9069
• E-mail: info@avalon-asic.com
http://www.avalon-asic.com

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:48:29 PM

BTC<>$$$ is the roll of the dice,  picking a miner maker and if/when they deliver vs their price is the odds of the bet

if you can't figure out the odds of the bet, you are making a blind bet.  Sadly most bets here are blind except ASICminer so of course they have the lowest odds of all the bets. (they are a pretty sure thing on getting the miner delivered on time, but high price)

the exchange rate is out of your control, stop using that as a basis on the bet. Not getting the miner in a reasonable timeframe is what needs to be addressed.  Losing the production of btc regardless of the exchange rate is what matters.

tl:dr - don't confuse luck in determing bad and good bets

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:55:50 PM

BitSyncom LLC

• Phone: 01.347.370.9069
• E-mail: info@avalon-asic.com
http://www.avalon-asic.com

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

From launch.avalon-asic.com:

"How is each batch’s unit price determined?

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details."

That sounds reasonable. Now where is my unit! 75 BTC in 30 days is no longer possible.

Vires in numeris
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

From launch.avalon-asic.com:

"How is each batch’s unit price determined?

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details."

That sounds reasonable. Now where is my unit! 75 BTC in 30 days is no longer possible.

The FAQ didn't say anything about that being the return you should make... that is just the formula they use to set the price.  Shocked  Wink
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quite as irate as some people, as I have batch 1 profits to soothe my anger. But still, it's pretty poor business practice to exercise random non-deliveries to customers, I really don't understand it. 

Vires in numeris
tctsk8r (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:45:27 PM

I believe it's called selective scamming. If there is no delivery.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:07:28 PM

I believe it's called selective scamming. If there is no delivery.

It seems very strange to selectively scam different orders from the same customer, and not to do it on a customer basis instead. It doesn't seem like Avalon would have a sensible reason to do so, they appear to have delivered ~95% of units, as a rough guess from what I've picked up in the forum threads here. Even still, it's difficult to guess why they are not honouring all orders properly, so I can understand you're upset.  

Vires in numeris
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:07:19 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 01:08:53 AM by Flying Hellfish

Would you be able to point out at what USD/BTC exchange rate it will net you more profit to mine say 60 BTC from a piece of hardware that cost 65 BTC to purchase than it would to just hold onto the 65 BTC?

The point you're missing is the fact there needs to be two chronologically separated exchange rates for this Wink

So lets run some numbers.  Lets also use some easy numbers and assume a 100 times increase in exchange rate from time of purchase to time of sale of coins, sound good?

Scenario 1:
Customer has (or buys) 65 BTC each valued at $1.00 USD each.  This customer now places an order with a hardware manufacture and buys a xxx GH/s miner.  He has invested 65 BTC at $1.00 each for an initial investment of $65.00 USD.  Now when the miner is no longer profitable the total number of BTC the unit mined was 60 BTC but in the meantime BTC has increased in value 100 times and each coin is now worth $100.00 USD.  You sell all the coins and have in hand $6000 USD wow, awesome solid investment right?

Lets look at Scenario 2 to see how we would have faired just holding BTC
Customer has (or buys) 65 BTC each valued at $1.00 USD, initial investment is now $65.00.  At a certain time in the future (for arguments sake lets say the same amount of time it takes to mine 60 BTC with a miner you could have purchased) BTC increases in value 100 times and now is the time to sell.  Customer sells all 65 BTC at $100.00 USD and has in hand now $6500 USD.

Feel free to plug in any values (different, same, any old number at all it won't make a difference) for the exchange rate at the time of purchase and the time of sale.  Two chronologically separated exchange rates doesn't change the maths involved at all unfortunately.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:31:10 AM

Would you be able to point out at what USD/BTC exchange rate it will net you more profit to mine say 60 BTC from a piece of hardware that cost 65 BTC to purchase than it would to just hold onto the 65 BTC?

The point you're missing is the fact there needs to be two chronologically separated exchange rates for this Wink

So lets run some numbers.  Lets also use some easy numbers and assume a 100 times increase in exchange rate from time of purchase to time of sale of coins, sound good?

Scenario 1:
Customer has (or buys) 65 BTC each valued at $1.00 USD each.  This customer now places an order with a hardware manufacture and buys a xxx GH/s miner.  He has invested 65 BTC at $1.00 each for an initial investment of $65.00 USD.  Now when the miner is no longer profitable the total number of BTC the unit mined was 60 BTC but in the meantime BTC has increased in value 100 times and each coin is now worth $100.00 USD.  You sell all the coins and have in hand $6000 USD wow, awesome solid investment right?

Customer has (or buys) 65 BTC each valued at $65.00 USD, initial investment is now $65.00.  At a certain time in the future (for arguments sake lets say the same amount of time it takes to mine 60 BTC with a miner you could have purchased) BTC increases in value 100 times and now is the time to sell.  Customer sells all 65 BTC at $100.00 USD and has in hand now $6500 USD.

Feel free to plug in any values (different, same, any old number at all it won't make a difference) for the exchange rate at the time of purchase and the time of sale.  Two chronologically separated exchange rates doesn't change the maths involved at all unfortunately.

In scenario 2, do you not want each BTC initially valued at $1?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:56:12 AM

It doesn't matter. At any price, at any time, 65 BTC is always worth more than 60 BTC. That's why the exchange rate never matters. Never.

Buy & Hold
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:08:20 AM

Scenario 1:

Customer has (or buys) 65 BTC each valued at $65.00 USD, initial investment is now $65.00.  At a certain time in the future (for arguments sake lets say the same amount of time it takes to mine 60 BTC with a miner you could have purchased) BTC increases in value 100 times and now is the time to sell.  Customer sells all 65 BTC at $100.00 USD and has in hand now $6500 USD.

Ya simple typo, guess I was thinking faster than I was typing.

Thanks for pointing it out, I have edited my post
tctsk8r (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:04:07 PM

How do I contact avalon, looks like I may be moving within a month or two, and If i don't get a response from them or the ability to change the address, I'm going to miss it completely.  This is just more stress to add the headache.  Yifu I demand a response!
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:17:29 PM

Does anyone have any other ways to contact yifu besides PM and claims?  Please let me know.

Hire a professional?  Nobody knows, I bet.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

My problem appears solved incidentally, and the delivery has been unusually fast, I expect the Avalon will arrive tomorrow or Friday judging by the tracking progress. At the least, the situation is out of Avalon's hands now.

Vires in numeris
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:27:51 PM

My problem appears solved incidentally, and the delivery has been unusually fast, I expect the Avalon will arrive tomorrow or Friday judging by the tracking progress. At the least, the situation is out of Avalon's hands now.

To clarify, you're saying that you received tracking from them today for this overdue unit?
tctsk8r (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:26:07 PM

Yes, please clarify
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:37:25 PM

To clarify, you're saying that you received tracking from them today for this overdue unit?

I received tracking Tuesday, but figured that exercising patience would be better for my sanity, so I didn't even check. DHL sent an SMS notify before I took a chance to peek, and according to the DHL website, it seems that the unit is well on it's way. The shipping agents appear to have tightened up their logistics compared to reports in Batch 1, but I won't be getting too excited about apparent delivery, it needs to be actually at my home before I start celebrating.

Vires in numeris
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:43:33 PM

I received tracking Tuesday, but figured that exercising patience would be better for my sanity, so I didn't even check. DHL sent an SMS notify before I took a chance to peek, and according to the DHL website, it seems that the unit is well on it's way. The shipping agents appear to have tightened up their logistics compared to reports in Batch 1, but I won't be getting too excited about apparent delivery, it needs to be actually at my home before I start celebrating.

Will you be doing your little dance when it does?? Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: