Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PENDING BTC transaction on coinbase and cannot be found on blockchain/Block  (Read 159 times)
sanraykiss (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:20:55 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 02:46:51 AM by sanraykiss

Hello!

[UPDATE] - The money just went through! I'm not sure if it's because I actively posted on here, reddit, e-mailed them through Gdax/Coinbase multiple times, or if I just needed to wait a bit, but I can finally sleep tonight! Thanks everyone so much for your help Smiley

I know that there are multiple threads out there on pending transactions via Coinbase but I noticed that most are able to find their transactions on blockchain/blockcypher with confirmations while pending but my transaction hash cannot even be found which worries me...

My friend recently sent about $5k worth of BTC from her Coinbase app to my Coinbase address (both of us used our Coinbase apps on our Android phones to do this).

The transaction is seen "received" on my Coinbase app but it is still marked as "pending" on her end as well as on my end and the money has not been transferred to mine yet. The money is no longer on her account.

This is how I retrieved my url address for her to send the BTC to: I went to my Coinbase app on Android phone > "Accounts" > BTC Wallet > clicked the QR symbol on the right upper corner > copied "my bitcoin address". This is the address she used to send the BTC to.

We both have e-mail confirmations of the transaction. When I click "view transaction" from the receipt confirmation, the transaction is unavailable/unfound on both blockchain or blockcypher and I get the following error:
“No transaction found with the hash f4e50d39d6e9729d517b28dc9c7f429141a0bccdfada1a866e8cf667a4679e3d”

When I look up my personal bitcoin address on blockchain/blockcypher associated with this specific transaction, there's no history to be found.

It has been pending for over 2 days and I would appreciate anyone's help as to why my transaction isn't even found in the blockchain system or how I could possibly accelerate the process to receive my hard earned money Sad I've tried contacting Coinbase via email/phone support (Case #2981321), etc but has been no help.

Also, when I try entering my transaction on any bitcoin accelerator programs, I get the error "Transaction cannot be found".

Is it just a matter of waiting a bit longer? How long should I wait before I should start trying to get their attention via Twitter/Reddit spam?

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
envist

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:24:15 PM

Bitcoin's network is really backed up still. Just wait. It will probably take some time to confirm but it will most likely get there.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:02:59 AM

My friend recently sent about $5k worth of BTC from her Coinbase app to my Coinbase address (both of us used our Coinbase apps on our Android phones to do this).

The transaction is seen "received" on my Coinbase app but it is still marked as "pending" on her end as well as on my end and the money has not been transferred to mine yet. The money is no longer on her account.
Coinbase is proud to offer our customers fee-free transactions between Coinbase accounts! Any transactions sent between Coinbase customers by email address take place off-chain (not on the blockchain) at no cost.

I thought coinbase transfer between their users is done off-chain, meaning it won't show on any public bitcoin block explorer
read this article on Coinbase account to another Coinbase account transfer:
https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1392055-why-can-t-i-see-my-transaction-in-the-blockchain-
have you tried to send it out of coinbase? or use it on whatever you were planning to do with that bitcoin

envist

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:51:52 AM

If it is not related to what the post above said you could also try these services to speed up the transfer.

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
http://confirmtx.com
sanraykiss (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:47:45 AM

The money just went through to my account! I'm not sure if it's because I actively posted on here, reddit, e-mailed them through Gdax/Coinbase multiple times, or if I just needed to wait a bit, but I can finally sleep tonight! Thanks everyone so much for your help Smiley[/b]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: