Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Tip bot like on Reddit?  (Read 1457 times)
Plazmotech (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:53:18 AM

A Bitcoin Tip bot for these forums would be cool. Like the one they have on reddit. This would encourage better discussions  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:54:49 AM

A Bitcoin Tip bot for these forums would be cool. Like the one they have on reddit. This would encourage better discussions  Grin

+1 would be nice to have

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966

Keep it real

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:46:50 AM

One exists, too lazy to look for it.  Search around in Meta and you should find it.
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 09:23:34 AM

One exists, too lazy to look for it.  Search around in Meta and you should find it.
  Huh

Aren't the forum mods paid? Shouldn't you guys be using your time and resources to improve the forum? If there's a tip bot, shouldn't there be a sticky about it so people know how to use it?  Roll Eyes

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:15:46 AM

Huh

Aren't the forum mods paid? Shouldn't you guys be using your time and resources to improve the forum? If there's a tip bot, shouldn't there be a sticky about it so people know how to use it?  Roll Eyes

The whole point of Bitcoin (on Bitcointalk at least) is abolishing the nanny state and requiring self-sufficiency and personal responsiblity.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:18:53 AM

cointip bot
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201018.0
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:32:08 AM

Huh

The whole point of Bitcoin (on Bitcointalk at least) is abolishing the nanny state and requiring self-sufficiency and personal responsiblity.

That's lovely. I thought it was about abolishing fiat currency and establishing a fair means of exchange (silly me).

Seriously though, I'm all for requiring personal responsibility, but that extends to the moderators of this forum, who should be personally responsible for things like ensuring that the user base has easy access to threads clearly describing what the rules are here and how this forum works, including how to use features such as a tip bot.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:37:31 AM

That's lovely. I thought it was about abolishing fiat currency and establishing a fair means of exchange (silly me).

Seriously though, I'm all for requiring personal responsibility, but that extends to the moderators of this forum, who should be personally responsible for things like ensuring that the user base has easy access to threads clearly describing what the rules are here and how this forum works, including how to use features such as a tip bot.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:46:32 AM

establishing a fair means of exchange

Hahahahahaha, no.

It's a mad scramble to the perceived top where your 10 bitcoins will allow you to buy a minor city-state all the while trampling all over your fellow men without regard to so-called morals, ethics or laws.
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:48:57 AM

I remember when I first started seeing your posts. I also remember being very excited and telling all my friends when I first saw BTC1=$1 ... I've been preaching the same message since way back then, on my Facebook page and in person to my friends (that is, abolish fiat currency and establish a fair means of exchange). Just because I only recently decided to contribute to this particular forum's community doesn't make me "new here" in the world of bitcoin.

establishing a fair means of exchange

Hahahahahaha, no.

It's a mad scramble to the perceived top where your 10 bitcoins will allow you to buy a minor city-state all the while trampling all over your fellow men without regard to so-called morals, ethics or laws.
It may well be. I tend to think otherwise. We can have much fun discussing the political, ethical, and other ramifications of bitcoin, but I digress as this thread is not on those topics.

ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:09:06 AM

There's no user0 signature/profile functionality on Reddit but there is here.  The tip bot is pretty redundant - if people want tips they can just put addresses in their profile/signature (and very many do).  You can also entirely avoid the overhead of the tip bot service and use the network directly.  What problems does a btctalk tip bot solve? It only seems to create problems.
halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:56:14 PM

There's no user0 signature/profile functionality on Reddit but there is here.  The tip bot is pretty redundant - if people want tips they can just put addresses in their profile/signature (and very many do).  You can also entirely avoid the overhead of the tip bot service and use the network directly.  What problems does a btctalk tip bot solve? It only seems to create problems.

I agree.  It's not really necessary here because of the signature functionality of the bitcointalk forums.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:22:49 AM

I concede my point and admit defeat.

Plazmotech (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

It's much faster to just write "+tip ldrgn 10mBTC" than it is to open blockchain.info, login, click send, copy and paste your address, type 10mBTC, and hit send.
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:06:31 AM

It's much faster to just write "+tip ldrgn 10mBTC" than it is to open blockchain.info, login, click send, copy and paste your address, type 10mBTC, and hit send.

Ha. I've switched sides in this battle.   Grin

I'd say that while you're right, that it is much faster, the disadvantages (tip bot service overhead) either outweigh the advantages (speed & ease of use) outright, or the advantages don't outweigh the disadvantages enough to justify establishing such a redundant system.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: