Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:43:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experienced Linux and bitcoin mining person looking for work?  (Read 1407 times)
mackminer (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:40:49 PM

I am in the process of getting my rigs up and running to fully stable condition at the moment. I'm currently getting cooling resolved and then I will be working on getting a Linux configuration working with all the reporting utilities, monitoring etc. working. This will probably involve batch scripts etc. The person I get hopefully should be able to give me more ideas to improve my setup and have experience overclocking cards. Specifically the Radeon 6990's.

Negotiable rate depending on what your capable of and your experience. I know quite abit of Linux myself but I need someone experienced to get this up and running quickly to the functionality I need.

I'm currently in the process of getting a cooling solution in place. Once that's up then things will need to be configured. I would prefer that the person posts here quite often and can detail other things they have worked on.

Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks.

1BFf3Whvj118A5akc5fHhfLLwxYduMmq1d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:43:03 PM

I am in the process of getting my rigs up and running to fully stable condition at the moment. I'm currently getting cooling resolved and then I will be working on getting a Linux configuration working with all the reporting utilities, monitoring etc. working. This will probably involve batch scripts etc. The person I get hopefully should be able to give me more ideas to improve my setup and have experience overclocking cards. Specifically the Radeon 6990's.

Negotiable rate depending on what your capable of and your experience. I know quite abit of Linux myself but I need someone experienced to get this up and running quickly to the functionality I need.

I'm currently in the process of getting a cooling solution in place. Once that's up then things will need to be configured. I would prefer that the person posts here quite often and can detail other things they have worked on.

Thanks.

I can do it.
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:59:30 PM

Thanks.

I can do it.

Do what? Have you your own rig?

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 03:11:16 PM

Thanks.

I can do it.

Yes, and I have quite a bit of experience with unix.
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:14:37 PM

Thanks.

I can do it.

What kind of rig do you have and how have you it setup? What is your day job?

m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 04:38:31 PM

Make sure he pays you in BTC.
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:54:17 PM

Thanks.

I can do it.

Um, I don't see why it matters... but I currently have 2 (1atm, getting other replaced) 5830's running and should be getting another 6950 in a couple of days. And I'm at tafe doing an advanced diploma of computer systems engineering.
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:57:28 PM

Thanks.

I can do it.

Um, I don't see why it matters... but I currently have 2 (1atm, getting other replaced) 5830's running and should be getting another 6950 in a couple of days. And I'm at tafe doing an advanced diploma of computer systems engineering.

Course it's relevant - go to job interview education when ur finished your course. Third level education means very little.

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:05:58 AM

Thanks.

I can do it.

Course it's relevant - go to job interview education when ur finished your course. Third level education means very little.

... do you want help or not.
mackminer (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 10:03:47 AM

Hi,
I got help - thanks for your offer though. It's just you didn't really inspire any confidence in me for a really expensive rig I have.

I actually got a guy that works as a system admin for his day job, has multiple cisco certifications among other things. That's all you needed to tell me. (if you do have them)

Again thanks though - but I was looking for a pro.  Smiley

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 10:52:56 AM

Hi,
I got help - thanks for your offer though. It's just you didn't really inspire any confidence in me for a really expensive rig I have.

I actually got a guy that works as a system admin for his day job, has multiple cisco certifications among other things. That's all you needed to tell me. (if you do have them)

Again thanks though - but I was looking for a pro.  Smiley

um, I have 5 cisco certs, if you bothered to look up the diploma I was doing, it gives me roughly 10 different certificates, including CISCO ones (CCNA etc.), Business management, Computer repair, and advanced networking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: