Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:54:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am underage and having extreme difficulty buying Bitcoin. Help a kid out!  (Read 492 times)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:12:30 AM

I've used HitBTC and Cryptopia to transfer my mined coins from a wallet to their exchange.  Traded them there and then I send them to Coinbase if I want to buy and hold BTC or cash out in USD.  You'll have to mine the coins you want to trade to begin with though.  If you're trying to convert fiat into crypto on any exhcange, you have to a bank account or credit card.  And when you cash it out into fiat, you'll have to have a bank account to send it to.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JessyHero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:56:03 PM

1) Get a bank account
2) create a wallet in a secure way (learn how to do it properly and safely, this is the single most important thing)
3) Go to local bitcoins or whatever your country's equivalent is. Buy bitcoin with your bank account.
4) Use decentralised exchanges, like Waves, or anonimous ones, like ETHdelta. Do not go to exchanges, which require verification, and always be on the lookout for it, because, as underage, you're screwed, once they ask you for ID, they'll keep your money.

And NO, doing cash for Bitcoin transaction IS a bad idea.
You can find a way to do it.

Good luck!

Why did you not do it through localbitcoins, paying by the bank.
Man, you could have gotten into much more trouble, so just be happy that you didn't get hurt, money will come.
I feel sorry for you.
Neurocrypt

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

Read about any crypto before you put ur money just take ya few hours to know what u are investing in. Many crypto out there just don't worth ur cash and time wastage would always be the price to have paid
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:59:31 AM

Not trying to kick you while you're down or anything.  Just please don't go the shady route again.  Those guys could have just as easily been honest people, but unfortunately there are probably way more dishonest people than honest ones out there. 

I wish I would have thought of this before you got scammed, but you should have just bought hardware and got into gpu mining.  No age restrictions on mining into a pool and no age restrictions on setting up wallets.  Your investment would have been in the hardware, but you would be getting paid back for that investment in the coins that you mined.  You would have the coins you mined in your own cold storage and there are even some legit exchanges that don't require verification until you start doing high dollar amount trades.  I'm kicking myself for not suggesting that to you, because it's a decent way for someone under 18 to get into the crypto world, especially if they have tech knowledge.

Could you point to a few legit exchanges that dont require verification? Thanks.

Unfortunately legit exchanges that dont require verification dont exist. It is law in probably all countries that verification is required. Sorry that you got scammed man, hope you didn't lose all your money.

Your best solution is probably to just mine the BTC. You can go via nicehash and earn btc like that. Take what money you have left and build a rig. If you cant have a mining rig in your house just upgrade your PC. your parents will never know (take into consideration the power bill though).

If you look around a bit you can probably find some really profitable coins to mine.

Take your time to learn while you get ready to earn some BTC, knowledge is worth more than capital investment.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
pekinight

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:06:12 AM

Hello,

I don't know in which country you live. If it's near Switzerland you can buy bitcoin with ease. You only need to find a train station and have a phone to receive sms. But your are limited to 500 CHF(~430€) per day. https://news.bitcoin.com/switzerland-densest-bitcoin-atm-network/

Some guys burgled me for 30'000.- 10 years ago. I know it was someone around me but I had no evidence. So I know how it feels. The only thing you can do, is to learn from your mistakes so that they do not happen again.
Give me your wallet address I will send you some satoshi シ by solidarity. Try to buy a GPU for mining as gotminer said. You can make 3-6$ a day with a GTX1080 if you mine the right coin and even more if the price raise.

Good luck.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:34:10 AM

Hi, Does anyone here have any experience of overcoming this issue. The amount I want to park in bitcoin and maybe other altcoins is not big but also not small.

Help a kid out!

Even if you are underage you have plenty of methods to buy Bitcoins, so don't worry!

First, you may arrange a deal with some user here on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
Almost nobody will ask if you're underage or not.

Also, depending on where you live, you can buy Bitcoin with cash finding a local seller.

Another good option is to go on the website I have in my signature and buy Bitcoin there. Since it requires no identity document, you can use it even if you are underage.

Heidim

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:39:58 PM

You must be careful out there..lots of scammers. Sorry that you had to learn that the hard way. But hey that's life. When I started out I invested in a pretty good ICO. So got the myetherwallet address to receive my coins. Guess what? Never saved the private key. I can see my coins laughing at me but I can do nothing with it. But believe me I learned my lesson. Now I save everything and write it all down separately. Maybe not the same but still a lesson. Goodluck
Tymified

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

What about setting up a small mining rig? If your parents let you buy a video card then you can mine with it to make coins.

Some good cheap video cards are the AMD RX 550 or RX460's. If you're able to get something nice like a 1070ti or a Vega 56 you could get coin much faster.
LovellaSai

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:41:03 AM

You can still buy but having someone mature as your looker
lukesimon

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:33:19 AM

Hi, Does anyone here have any experience of overcoming this issue. The amount I want to park in bitcoin and maybe other altcoins is not big but also not small.

Help a kid out!

If you don't want to tell your parents about your interest in BTC, you can just have them setup a bank account for you and tell that you will only need to for your savings. Afterwards, you can use it to buy BTC and put it on exchanges.
Ulticon

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:54:41 PM

Don't indulge in adult business kid. Go and study
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:29:28 PM

I am so sorry about what happened to you. That really stinks. I'm glad you didn't get physically hurt.

Have you tried getting involved in Steemit? It's a social network platform that pays you to post (based on upvotes). You would have to work it and gather a following, but it's generally easier to profit there than YouTube. You can write blog posts once a day or once a week. Once you've picked up a bit of Steem Power, you can also delegate it out for pay via minnowbooster.net.

As far as I know, none of these things need verification. I think the normal way to register on Steemit is to verify with a cell phone, but you can bypass that by setting up an account with annonsteem if you're willing to pay a bit. Annonsteem is a legit service I've used multiple times. Just make sure you save all your keys on Steemit because you can't recover them if lost, which would stink if you'd accumulated a bunch of money in your account.

So, you'll be paid in STEEM and SBD. This doesn't solve the problem of how to exchange it, but you will eventually not be a minor, maybe in a few years. So, you can accumulate now and then once you're of age you can register on a trading platform and verify and all that.
Santaffic

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:57:35 AM

Ask your guardians to help you out in this matter.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:19:01 PM

Ask your guardians to help you out in this matter.

Read the entire thread.  Previously suggested with explaination from OP!

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
PricelessBing

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:41:21 AM

Just study now. You will get oppurtunity to earn in future but not that study
kk80586

Activity: 202
Merit: 13

I like coins. I love ONION.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:07:23 AM

A lesson for anyone of any age. They send you the coin. They wait until you get it. You give them the money. They don't like it..leave (with your money). Always take a friend or more with you.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
bitcoinkid_yo (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:28:15 PM

Thanks for all the support and recommendations. Even the negative ones... I kind of deserve it. I am starting to get over the loss and move forward. Still balls deep into everything crypto though Smiley
WordDeckTuch

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:29:08 PM

Who the hell contaminated your mind with that harmful currencies? Don't ruin your life kid.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:51:52 PM

Technically speaking, you can purchase crypto from resources that do not require proof of age. These would be
BTC ATMs (there aren't that many, but if you can find one, this is your best bet). You can also consider PayPal or Ebay to buy small amounts, however you might pay dearly and be sure to check the sellers ratings before forking over any cash.

**I do not advise meeting up with strangers (especially alone) to do any transactions.

Good luck!  Smiley
bitcoinkid_yo (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:00:34 PM

Technically speaking, you can purchase crypto from resources that do not require proof of age. These would be
BTC ATMs (there aren't that many, but if you can find one, this is your best bet).

Whether or not one needs to show ID depends on which country you live in and how the laws of that country regulate BTC ATMs. I have mentioned this before - In my country you cant buy from a bitcoin ATM unless you have ID and are over 18.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: