Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin now the biggest bubble of all time?  (Read 2936 times)
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:50:44 AM

I think no. Bitcoin will continue to go down if it becomes useless to its holders or there would be a new player that offers better service or feature. Like what happen when google outplayed yahoo.
So far, no signs of that coming. It is a bit difficult for me to imagine any coin offering a new feature. Actually, I would like to know about that feature which bitcoin does not have. Because as far as my understanding leads me, BTC is a complete package. Still if someone thinks, it lacks stuff, there is no coin that offers better or extra characteristics to holders. Above all, profits is that really matters and BTC is the best in producing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Froloff92

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:53:14 AM

Bitcoin is not the biggest bubble and can be never be a bubble. It is true that bitcoin sometimes decreases, but that does not mean it will become a bubble, because even its value goes down, still Bitcoin will recover.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:01:04 AM

No way. Bitcoin is not the biggest bubble and can be never be a bubble. It is true that bitcoin sometimes decreases, but that does not mean it will become a bubble, because even its value goes down, still Bitcoin will recover. There are just some factor that makes bitcoin decreases its price but it never vanish.   
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:05:50 AM

Actually I do not think bitcoin is a bubble
You have to think about the development of currency from ancient times:
bundles for exchanging cattle for a dog, changing buffalos for pigs ...___ things to change into consumer goods ___ gold coin ___  metal money ___ electronic money ___ digital money
You see the process of development, and digital money is the evolution of humanity as information technology evolves
A lot of people making money  and get richer by bitcoin  it is not a bubble because big companies are embracing cryptocurrencies,It is a means of rapid payment support in modern society today. Despite the price fluctuations as it is in its infancy and development stage, I believe in the future of bitcoin.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:55:06 PM

Bitcoin is not on a bubble but I won't deny the fact that people explore the speculative ability of Bitcoin to cause FOMO and a lot of money even from people who have no knowledge of Crypto came into the market but now a lot of retracement have been done. We can only hope that it moon again.
You can say and you can’t just say it too. These two situations are fit in this world of bitcoins. Yes to some extent bitcoins are bubble now. They are moving up and down and these dips and pumps are just making them bubble thing. But we have to understand that this is their nature. They can just live out at some specific point. Rather they are always moving up and down.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:04:22 PM

Just curious, who are these people that call Bitcoin a bubble? The guys that lost a lot as they made some wrong steps? Definitely, BTC is not any bubble.
acacademy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:43:40 AM

Just last week, bitcoin was the third largest of the 10 events Birinyi studied. It was third behind an 18th-century French financing scheme around the development of the Mississippi Valley, known as the Mississippi bubble, and the one-day 31 percent surge in Qualcomm in December 1999. According to Birinyi Associates, it was a Wall Street analyst's call for a $1,000 target that set Qualcomm shares on fire.
dalquivird

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

The latest sell-off follows reports that US regulators are investigating whether the spike in the price of bitcoin in 2017 was the result of market manipulation. India’s finance minister said the country did not recognise the cryptocurrency as legal tender, pledging to fight their use for “illegitimate activities
ymetic

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:16:44 AM

According to Reuters, the Convoy analysts said bitcoin's prices have "gone up over 17 times this year, 64 times over the last three years and superseded that of the Dutch tulip's climb over the same time frame."Birinyi said the end point it used for each bubble was its peak, and when available, it brought the data back 22 months to match bitcoin in January 2016.WATCH: Bitcoin's origin story remains shrouded in mystery. Here's why it matters
nuwick

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

Digital currencies have also been hit by the news that Facebook is banning all adverts for cryptocurrencies. Ethereum, ripple, litecoin and other digital currencies all suffered double-digit percentage falls on Friday as investors took fright.
zykinsy

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:43:10 AM

If trading in Crypto Company or LongFin Corporation is any guide, the road to riches these days is as simple as adding the words blockchain and bitcoin to whatever a company does.
randybrandyn

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:47:47 AM

For investors that worry about X-factors – those things that come out of the woodwork and have an impact – then this mania could be a good example.
mogglennon

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:03:06 AM

Indeed, forget the nickel boom of the late 1960s and the dotcom boom of 2000, move on from the Dutch Tulip craze of 1637, and disregard the US housing boom of 2006 and the Japanese property and stockmarket bubble of the '80s.
henry80

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

This question has been ask so many times.
Please understand that Blockchain technology is backed BTC so it will be valuable for the world by its origin!
Price can drop, but never be zero.
darekil

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:17:37 PM

Bitcoin is now sizing up to be what could be the biggest market bubble of all time.According to Birinyi Associates, bitcoin now looks to be bigger than any of the 10 other market bubbles it studied including the the tech bubble, beanie babies, the Dow in 1929 and the silver bubble of the late 1970s.Bitcoin was trading at about $16,235 Thursday morning, rising from $1,000 at the start of the year, and $11,000 at the beginning of last week.
nenounce

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

The cryptocurrency market goes beyond bitcoin, but none has appealed to the broader, general public in quite the same way.Wall Street has been late in catching up to the individual investors and cryptocurrency traders who expect bitcoin to keep surging. Three exchanges have rushed to launch bitcoin products. Futures started trading Sunday on the Cboe, with a separate contract expected to launch at the CME this weekend. Nasdaq also plans to offer futures next year.Bitcoin and past financial bubblesSource: Birinyi AssociatesWhile many view bitcoin as bubbly, riding a parabolic wave, others believe it can go sharply higher.
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:44:26 PM

It is interesting to discuss this theme, I think bitcoin is not a bubble, given the bitcoin of the next evolutionary representation of banking and electronic payment systems, this is a form of the advancement of the times.In this case, bitcoin will not become bubbles, perhaps better described as the future ? If that makes sense.
That can come down to how many legitimate needs exist for technologies such as bitcoin. It is something that is not easily measured as far as I know. If there is a real and frightening need for bitcoin and crypto currency that will sustain their growth, it may not be a bubble at all.

I think bitcoin has now been exceeded multiple of appreciation value on top of bubble Tulip (and with the margin width). although this own not evidence that bitcoin is bubble or collapse in sight, it's good to consider is there a more risk to buy in this price (currently bouncing around $ 17.000) than anyone in this forum seems willing or able to recognize. Netherlands Tulip mania is one of the bubble most famous of all time, to scale bubble, scale collapse, and may include the nature of bubble obvious given the utility Tulip a very limited.
Kingjagat

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:07:10 PM

It is interesting to discuss this theme, I think bitcoin is not a bubble, given the bitcoin of the next evolutionary representation of banking and electronic payment systems, this is a form of the advancement of the times.In this case, bitcoin will not become bubbles, perhaps better described as the future ? If that makes sense.
That can come down to how many legitimate needs exist for technologies such as bitcoin. It is something that is not easily measured as far as I know. If there is a real and frightening need for bitcoin and crypto currency that will sustain their growth, it may not be a bubble at all.

I think they usually invest when it comes down and when the market value increases they wrap it. It makes everything balanced is what I feel. And tulips and bitcoins are completely different phenomena and we are now more qualified to handle if anything bad happens. To cryptocurrency market.
I think bitcoin is not entirely like tulip..since ... as we can see from graph ... Tulip never see that many downs .. it..was getting static then it increases again and suddenly goes down.
Where with Bitcoins. We have seen so many ups and downs that I feel have made Bitcoins stronger beliefs .. society is increasing now because they know that whatever happens Bitcoins value will be so high that ill.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:02:27 PM

You can also understand that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market. Indeed, many people think that the valuation of bitcoin is too high. I think the current encryption is very similar to the Internet boom of decades ago, when the Internet was also considered a huge bubble, and I believe the encryption community will emerge in the future a lot of valuable companies.
While I agree that the market of cryptocurrencies can form bubbles that does not necessarily mean that everything is a big bubble and that nothing has value, there are many cryptocurrencies that are going to be essential in the way we understand the future of the world and that are going to be used by everyone and when you take that into account the market cap is very low right now.
hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:27:07 PM

this opinion has become popular in nature due to the fact of Warren Buffett also known as the wolf of Omaha stating the statement in public, many of the capitalists are marketing bitcoin to be the bubble of the century like the internet but the fact is that bitcoin is the fury of the currency regimes of the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: