Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant reset password old account  (Read 132 times)
dickcheney2 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:34:31 AM

Hello All,
   Trying to reset password of an old account, when i attempt to do so it says account not approved.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:38:18 AM

Hello All,
   Trying to reset password of an old account, when i attempt to do so it says account not approved.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you ever post a BTC address that you still control?  You didn't tell us the account name.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dickcheney2 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:41:03 AM

account name is just dickcheney

I still use my original email , Never associated any BTC address with my account as its been sometime since ive logged in (left the scene after BFL scam and military deployments).
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:07:50 AM

I still use my original email , Never associated any BTC address with my account as its been sometime since ive logged in (left the scene after BFL scam and military deployments).

There was a password leak about 2yrs ago and unactive accounts were froze to stop the
accounts from being hacked. Chances are your account was one of them.

I don't know what these addresses go to, but you posted them for some reason. You might be able to
Pull off some kind of blockchain wizardy to find something you can verify your address. Goodluck!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg1917414#msg1917414

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
dickcheney2 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:21:34 AM

There was a password leak about 2yrs ago and unactive accounts were froze to stop the
accounts from being hacked. Chances are your account was one of them.

I don't know what these addresses go to, but you posted them for some reason. You might be able to
Pull off some kind of blockchain wizardy to find something you can verify your address. Goodluck!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg1917414#msg1917414

These were payments to BFL via bitinstant...for equipment i never received and money i never got back. so the only way to unlock an account is with a btc address ? i Dont see how that makes sense since i never associated any of mine with it. I'm assuming they wont do a regular email me password reset ?

Thanks for the help btw!
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:42:21 AM

so the only way to unlock an account is with a btc address ? i Dont see how that makes sense since i never associated any of mine with it. I'm assuming they wont do a regular email me password reset ?

This is the standard for hacked accounts because the BTC blockchain can identify your address.
Inside your wallet, with your address, you can create a message with todays date. Showing you can
still do that today with your address proves you are the owner.

You should  run those numbers through the blockchain to find the transaction history. If they can see
the address there, it coincides with the link I gave you.

I was just in your shoes, in this same situation, literally last week. Be patient. Do some digging
for the address. If you need more help just ask.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
dickcheney2 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:47:34 AM

so the only way to unlock an account is with a btc address ? i Dont see how that makes sense since i never associated any of mine with it. I'm assuming they wont do a regular email me password reset ?

This is the standard for hacked accounts because the BTC blockchain can identify your address.
Inside your wallet, with your address, you can create a message with todays date. Showing you can
still do that today with your address proves you are the owner.

You should  run those numbers through the blockchain to find the transaction history. If they can see
the address there, it coincides with the link I gave you.

I was just in your shoes, in this same situation, literally last week. Be patient. Do some digging
for the address. If you need more help just ask.

I most definitely do not have that BTC address anymore, i will message more mods to see what else we can do. Thanks again.
dickcheney2 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

Anyone know which mod(s) would be best to contact about this issue ?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: