Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: byteminr - new entrant in hosted hashing  (Read 3390 times)
byteminr (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 04:28:49 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 08:47:41 AM by byteminr

Hi Everyone

We're really pleased today to announce our new Bitcoin mining service is open for expressions of interest:

We believe there is a place for hosted mining services especially as good quality mining equipment carries a high price.

We're looking for feedback on our potential offers while we get our systems in order for launch in late September, inline with deliveries from KnCMiner.

Our website is: www.byteminr.com

We are a UK registered company (allbeit a very new one like most in the Bitcoin industry) but we intend to offer hosted mining services world-wide.

We welcome all feedback, directly through our website or on this forum as we'll be adding to the (currently small) FAQ as questions arise.

Adrian Cole
Founder
BYTEMINR Limited

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:31:32 AM

Wow, that's quite the markup @ $44.60/GH/s through $47.50/GH/s compared to the ~$18.50/GH/s you're getting for those KnC Jupiters. You're barely below BFL's $50/GH/s. Obviously, a hosted solution deserves a premium for the service. I just think your price point may be a tad high for the current market.

Please don't see this as an attack, I aim to give honest feedback. I hope you do well with this and admire your entrepreneurialism!

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 06:53:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback, not an attack at all. A fairer comparison would perhaps be with cloudhashing.com, where we compare more favourably. Paying for a hosted service is quite different proposition from owning your own kit and all the troubles that go with it.

Cheers
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

http://altoidnerd.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 07:10:29 AM

Would love to see contracts for normalized hashing power, a concept that accounts for network difficulty by dividing out the difficulty.  12 months of 100 GH/(s•difficulty*10^6)...

This type of investment is interesting to me.  I like it.  The eternal question plagues anyone who is interested in buying expensive mining hardware - what will be the network difficulty XYZ months from now?

In the case an investor purchases his/her own mining equipment, the resale value of the equipment is a nice insurance policy.  How could a company offering a hosting service pass that insurance policy onto investors?

A startup can't really.  Investors need to trust in management to make decisions to improve hardware logically as the network difficulty rises.  Once your company has a name for itself, I envision a product of the normalized hashrate flavor being popular.

Do you even mine?
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
Altoidnerd

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 05:40:31 PM

Would love to see contracts for normalized hashing power, a concept that accounts for network difficulty by dividing out the difficulty.  12 months of 100 GH/(s•difficulty*10^6)...

The challenge I see with that is where the risk lies...

That's exactly it. Perhaps then the answer is shorter contracts.  12 months seems distastefully long from my perspective, if we are talking about a fixed hashrate. 

12 months probably seems like an eternity to offer a sliding normalized hashrate.

How about 1 month?  3 Months?  What is the magic number that makes it a win/win?

Do you even mine?
a28hz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:14:53 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 09:30:59 PM by a28hz

Hi Adrian,

Have you placed some orders? are those for day-1 delivery? Smiley
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

Hi Adrian,

Have you placed some orders? are those for day-1 delivery? Smiley

Hi

Yes, we do have a limited number of units on order already for day 1, with more to follow depending on customer demand.

We'll be providing some more information in the next major website update soon, sign up to our newsletter to keep informed!

Adrian
Youngbill

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:49:56 PM

Just sent an "Interest" note from your web site.

Bill
Altoidnerd

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:13:05 AM

That's exactly it. Perhaps then the answer is shorter contracts.  12 months seems distastefully long from my perspective, if we are talking about a fixed hashrate. 

I'm not opposed to this at all actually, more inclined to 3 months than 1 but nevertheless, I can see the merit in it for sure.

Keep in touch, I will be following your business in the coming months. 

aside; I am interested in your relationship with KnCMiner.  They also offer a hosting service.  I understand your top gun and theirs are brothers?

Do you even mine?
redmetal

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

I would be interested for your day one releases if you offered a shorter contract, ie 6 months, would love a higher hash rate offer also, like 50gh/s for 6 months at $1,000 seems fair

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 01:23:45 PM

aside; I am interested in your relationship with KnCMiner.  They also offer a hosting service.  I understand your top gun and theirs are brothers?

Thanks, yes this is true, our CEO, Adrian Cole, is the bother of Sam Cole at KnCMiner.

KnCMiner are offering hosting for their customers who have the pleasure of being able to buy their own box in full.

byteminr will be offering flexible hosting options at lower entry price points to try to ensure mining is not contained only to the hands of the wealthy.

Other benefits are immediately apparent also, as the difficulty rises you can easily flex your contracts in a hosted model, owning fixed power hardware means a small jump in power is a very costly exercise as you need to buy a whole new rig.

I can't say much more about our offers just yet, but I believe anyone interested in mining will be pleased to have the options we will provide.

Altoidnerd

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

Thanks, yes this is true, our CEO, Adrian Cole, is the bother of Sam Cole at KnCMiner.

KnCMiner are offering hosting for their customers who have the pleasure of being able to buy their own box in full.

byteminr will be offering flexible hosting options at lower entry price points to try to ensure mining is not contained only to the hands of the wealthy.

Other benefits are immediately apparent also, as the difficulty rises you can easily flex your contracts in a hosted model, owning fixed power hardware means a small jump in power is a very costly exercise as you need to buy a whole new rig.

I can't say much more about our offers just yet, but I believe anyone interested in mining will be pleased to have the options we will provide.

Totally.  I think its safe to say nobody understands the economics of this stuff yet, but I appreciate the go getters giving it a shot.  Good luck to you!

Do you even mine?
crossblaim

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:21:58 PM

I'm interested but your "express interest now" form seems to be broken
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:32:54 PM

I'm interested but your "express interest now" form seems to be broken

Thank you, a little embarrassing, should be all fixed now. We had a small issue with a change we pushed overnight.
wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:29:31 PM

Interesting Smiley waiting anxiously for September..
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:46:35 PM

We are pleased to announce that www.byteminr.com  is now open for orders.

We had a few early issues with the checkout process, but it's running smoothly now. Please drop by and check out our fixed and flexible offers, feedback is always welcome.

For now it's just Google Wallet for payment, we'll be adding other options later, but it's a soft launch of our new site.

Crossing our fingers for delivery from KnCMiner on time!

The byteminr team

redmetal

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:22:10 PM

We are pleased to announce that www.byteminr.com  is now open for orders.

We had a few early issues with the checkout process, but it's running smoothly now. Please drop by and check out our fixed and flexible offers, feedback is always welcome.

For now it's just Google Wallet for payment, we'll be adding other options later, but it's a soft launch of our new site.

Crossing our fingers for delivery from KnCMiner on time!

The byteminr team

Good to hear!
I'm keen on buying a shoter term, so I don't think I will partake in this round.

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 09:46:40 PM

We do have some short 2 month plans, or are you looking for even shorter?
redmetal

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:28:00 AM

My apologies, I only looked at the front page, It's a little hard not to purchase 12months when 6months on 10ghs is only $12 less,

androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:35:52 AM

hi

google wallet is the only mean of payement?
u don't accept bank transfer or paypal? if yes, when?

byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 10:40:46 AM

hi

For the moment, yes just Google Wallet. We will be adding other option as soon as we can.
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:03:14 AM

My apologies, I only looked at the front page, It's a little hard not to purchase 12months when 6months on 10ghs is only $12 less,

When it comes to mining, efficiency is all about getting your hashing done quickly before the difficulty rises too fast. With our flexible contracts we will be allowing customers to buy additional GH per month on a monthly basis. So if you are 3 months into a 4 month contract and want to increase your power in the final month, you'll be able to do so for a very favourable rate - this is the major benefit to the flexible contracts.

On a fixed term 12 contract, you get the same power for the whole term, no changes. Your mining returns will obviously be much lower toward the tail end of the contract, hence the price for those later months is much much lower, but what it gives you is simplicity.

byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 06:37:36 AM

hi

Just to let everyone know, we are now accepting Bitcoin payments through Bitpay.

Hashing still expected to start at the end of September.

Adrian
www.byteminr.com
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 06:20:25 PM

Less than 9 days to go!

Will KnC deliver ?!!?

The biggest countdown in Bitcoin right now is underway that's for sure!

www.byteminr.com
byteminr (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 08:05:38 AM

A teaser video from KnC!

http://www.byteminr.com/news/2013/9/23/pcbs-are-almost-ready

Hashing launch is getting closer!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: