Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If Ethereum POW algo goes down today  (Read 132 times)
Skinny48 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 12:16:51 PM

If Ethereum POW stops today AMD GPUs like RX5600 and RX5700 will feel the heat of obsolete more than Nvidia cards because Nvidia seem to support more algorithms and still remain a bit Profitable than AMD if not mining Ethereum, for example Octopus algorithm is Profitable on Nvidia cards, the only option left for AMD cards will be Ravencoin and RandomX but they are less Profitable, am I right or wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 12:20:36 PM

If Ethereum POW stops today AMD GPUs like RX5600 and RX5700 will feel the heat of obsolete more than Nvidia cards because Nvidia seem to support more algorithms and still remain a bit Profitable than AMD if not mining Ethereum, for example Octopus algorithm is Profitable on Nvidia cards, the only option left for AMD cards will be Ravencoin and RandomX but they are less Profitable, am I right or wrong?

And what algos? I see good algos for AMD and good algos for NVIDIA. Ravencoin is profitable if you using the right miner. Beam is also good for AMD (16 - 18 hashes with RX470 for example)
RandomX is a CPU algo, here nvidia and amd bad. I think there are many more, do some research.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 12:49:14 PM

Lol I guess you don't know, there are some new altcoins that are pretty Profitable for both AMD cards and Nvidia cards too, these coins are not available on whattomine so if that's the calculator you are using you are definitely missing out, check out Minerstat calculator

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:31:22 PM

You are wrong because the main cost of mining is paying electricity bills.
Miners have very different prices for a kilowatt of electricity (from 2 to 14 cents).
Problems will start for those miners who have very expensive electricity.
Miners with cheap electricity prices will have a better chance of surviving, but the ebay will be overwhelmed with offers of GPU sales.

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:36:55 PM

1.5 year ago both amd and nvidia has very low profit just for survive. so it doesnt matter if mining goes down all cards goes down.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 05:15:17 PM

youre completly wrong, prgpow still viable in both cards and nvidia more gaining other algo support on newer coin/algo and it didnt go well for long term, fpga chasing new algo to

in other words amd still had good memory bandwith for memory algo, fpga most likely wont compete to this, who knows these day new algo just passing by...

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 07:00:04 AM

I don't think so, who would have thought that octopus algorithm would come? It's same thing for this year because we don't know the future, new altcoin with different algorithm can rise up from the deep and take over POW Profitable, both cards are good buy

Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 07:44:07 AM

If Ethereum POW is dead we have other good algorithms we can sti mine like ProgPowZ on ZANO or Ravencoin or even CockAtoo31, the fact is Ethereum will missed out big because miners will find a new coin to mine with all those massive Ethereum hashrates, this can even make the new coin profitable than before

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: