Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE A MUST NEED  (Read 135 times)
COINTRADINGTIPS (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:14:39 AM

I have analysed so many exchanges. And it recent case studies also threaten me to keep funds on exchanges. The sudden shut down of Chinese exchanges and the recent raid on Indian exchanges gives a fear of our own fund. Everyone knows bitcoin is unstoppable. Then regulators eyes on exchanges they know if they shut exchanges they might be able to decrease the popularity of cryptocurrency which is very danger to them. So I feel like bitcoin is decentralized in the same way if decentralized exchanges will come up then it will boost it and take this industry to greater heights. Few decentralized exchanges are there but I personally feel if exchanges would be user friendly it would have a greater impact.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:27:28 AM

I have analysed so many exchanges. And it recent case studies also threaten me to keep funds on exchanges. The sudden shut down of Chinese exchanges and the recent raid on Indian exchanges gives a fear of our own fund. Everyone knows bitcoin is unstoppable. Then regulators eyes on exchanges they know if they shut exchanges they might be able to decrease the popularity of cryptocurrency which is very danger to them. So I feel like bitcoin is decentralized in the same way if decentralized exchanges will come up then it will boost it and take this industry to greater heights. Few decentralized exchanges are there but I personally feel if exchanges would be user friendly it would have a greater impact.

The problem with decentralized exchanges is that they are high maintenance and have very little support services. If there were platforms developed utilizing sidechain, smart contract, and atomic swap technologies, then we may see a relevant decentralized exchange take shape. There's a proposal (BIP-175) which is a "pay to contract" protocol that may prove to be useful in the development of a feasible decentralized exchange in the not too distant future, and the other technologies mentioned above are currently in development.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:30:43 AM

You are totally right, yet there are some problems with current decentralized exchanges. Oax project will be probably a leading decentralized exchange considering its whitepaper.

udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:31:07 AM

Etherdelta is the best exchange for decentralized exchange. Userinterface is non friendly but time passed we used to it.

Biggest disadvantage is  customer support is less.

Your question is correct, centralized exchanges are risky and private key with them.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
ir.hn

Activity: 322
Merit: 54

Consensus is Constitution

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:34:26 AM

I have the solution; how to integrate a global peer to peer decentralized exchange into the blockchain itself.  Please comment on that post so it bumps to the top!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2521788.0

btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:40:27 AM

Etherdelta is a decentralized exchange
And many new decentralized exchange is on its way
and I heard nex is decentralized exchange that will be based on neo and will be launched soon.
lets see what will be the next big decentralized exchange in crypto world
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:46:06 AM

I fee secure puting my fund on Etherdelta than a centralize exchange where you would be delayed for verification purposes and other bureacratic processes.

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:54:49 AM

I agree on this argument. This is why I believe that waves is destined to have a bright future and possibly also bancor, with its bandit protocol which allows liquid exchange between assets.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:58:12 AM

A new exchange is launching in 2018 and they will eventually have a decentralized version of their exchange later in 2018. They plan to introduce 0 fee trading for standard traders, margin lending and trading, futures trading, ICO underwriting services for high class ICOS and awesome customer service. I think COBINHOOD will blow many of these inefficient exchanges out of the water volume wise so that's why I am invested n their token COB as well, as it will give me many goodies in the future for holding it.  Cheesy I am currently testing the beta out at the moment.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Waverider

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:19:06 AM

Waves DEX works already.
CryptoKranthi

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:24:58 AM

Yes we need a good number of decentralized exchanges, but don't worry, as Indian government ride on exchanges is just for the details to know about investors about their tax history. The Indian government is not against cryptocurrency.
befrank

Activity: 174

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:33:11 AM

Etherdelta is a good one (ux needs some work though), waves dex just released their dex with a brand new interface (looks really promising), Binance is centralised but they will eventually become decentralised. 2018 will be the year of the DEX.
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:09:55 AM

I fee secure puting my fund on Etherdelta than a centralize exchange where you would be delayed for verification purposes and other bureacratic processes.

Yes, the verification processes at many of the centralized exchanges keeps changing to conform to the newest AML/KYC interpretations. In fact, I have had some of my assets withheld until I provided documentation of my identity even though that verification wasn't required when I originally created my account. Bittrex has been doing that to its customers recently.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

I am actually really waiting for a decentralized exchange with daily trading volume that can match bittrex or poloniex but my wish is impossible to realize.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:25:50 AM

Yes ofcourse. All centralized exchange platforms are highly risky and we witnessed many times that they dissappeared or had to turn off their site. Whenever decentralized exchanges become more popular, our ecosystem will be more safe, transparent and secure.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

Some centralised exchanges are honest about their closure. Novaexchange for example is well known for hosting sh**coins but they announced that they are closing 6 months in advance. I thought they would have just closed taking all the coins but they were completely open about it - I was impressed!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:56:35 AM

Yes, the verification processes at many of the centralized exchanges keeps changing to conform to the newest AML/KYC interpretations. In fact, I have had some of my assets withheld until I provided documentation of my identity even though that verification wasn't required when I originally created my account. Bittrex has been doing that to its customers recently.
Bittrex is really strict to the users right now. But the decentralized exchanges don't gain a lot of interest. the fees is so high compared with the centralized excahnge site, and especially the decentralized exchange site still pegged with the blockchain of the platform itself. just like waves dex and another like etherdelta or even bitshares.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: