Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: usb asic miners, question about them and cgminer  (Read 968 times)
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:46:38 PM

I have over 100 miners running so it was pretty hard to regulate this but I recently gave 10 to a friend and I realized something. When you use them with bitminter, as soon as  the light lights up on the miner indicating a share has been found, bitminter stats show that share has been found and the stats changed. But when mining bitcoin with cgminer, cgminer doesnt show that share has been found even with the stats being updated every 5s... anyone else seeing this? And if so does anyone know how to fix this? Ive been using bitminter but recently switched to cg to miner alt coins and I even see that issue.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:45:08 PM

I've never used anything other than cg or bfgminer besides back in the day when I first started out and I used guiminer for a bit.  My suggestion, post this question in the official cgminer thread and see what they have to say.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:40:31 PM

I think the usb miners flash every difficulty one share, cgminer may only submit shares at a higher difficulty depending on the pool setting. When you first start cgminer it will show "Pool 1 Difficulty changed to 4" or something similar. As long as cgminer shows you are getting shares, nothing to worry about
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: