Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829872 times)
vex_zg

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

This pool might have become too big to be significantly more profitable than LTC, even as profitable is not easily attainable. Victim of it's own simplicity and success.

Profits have been steadily declining, particularly visible in the last few days, and IMHO not nearly as profitable as top 5 coins. I've almost got tears in my eyes seeing the missed profit, and the lack of time to do anything about it. Yes, we're big so it's simply not possible to mine the most profitable coins, due to insufficient market depth for them, so we must settle for bigger, less profitable ones. That defeats the very purpose of the profitability pool. If the target was a "stable, no hassle pool with medium profitability", we could probably be reaching it, if there wasn't for all the beta testing, which, when you want to keep your customers, is usually not rolled out without sufficient testing. I do SW development coordination for living. I would lose my job if I did beta testing with real customers, on production systems. My job is to prevent that.

Op's lack of transparency is understandable, the pool hashrate is still growing, so good PR, or even any,  PR is obviously not needed to run the business as enough hash will come in anyway. I would certainly not run it that way, but it seems that there's a lot of followers who see nothing wrong with it, so it can't be expected to improve. With this income, there is room for investing a part of it in building a loyal customer base, to build a lifelong business, not a one time off deal. Even though the money is good, it will not last for a lifetime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kalroth

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:08:36 AM

MtGox for some reason always seems to have the highest value BTC, but i dont see how because surely then people would just buy on the lower exchanges and sell on Gox and always level out the system.
mtgox pays better because you'll be waiting months on your payout.
At least compared to eg. kraken where I can get a payout in less than 24 hours and reinvest it quickly.
ButterBread

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:08:47 AM

With this income, there is room for investing a part of it in building a loyal customer base, to build a lifelong business, not a one time off deal.

I wouldn't call this pool a business, a real business would at least have some kind of contact/address/registration information.

I think the whole mining pool scene is more of a wild-west fronteering situation I think..

Hmm.. Fronteering or frontiering? Judging from the urban dictionary entry for frontiering, definitely not that one Smiley
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:14:12 AM

With this income, there is room for investing a part of it in building a loyal customer base, to build a lifelong business, not a one time off deal.

I wouldn't call this pool a business, a real business would at least have some kind of contact/address/registration information.

I think the whole mining pool scene is more of a wild-west fronteering situation I think..

Hmm.. Fronteering or frontiering? Judging from the urban dictionary entry for frontiering, definitely not that one Smiley

Surely there is no "frontiering" its just frontier. My spell check seems to think that way.

MtGox for some reason always seems to have the highest value BTC, but i dont see how because surely then people would just buy on the lower exchanges and sell on Gox and always level out the system.
At least compared to eg. kraken where I can get a payout in less than 24 hours and reinvest it quickly.

Surely you still get the price you cashed out at thou.
Why do they take so dam long, surely both the BTC and the cash is already there so u just exchange them, the only hard part is taking the fiat out of the system, because thats when laws and govs set involved, but BTC to fiat should be an eassy swap between two accounts.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:20:26 AM

Question, does the value of unexchanged coins get updated? What I mean is, when coins get added to unexchanged they have a certain BTC value at that moment in time, however they might be a lot lower or higher a few hours after while remaining unexchanged. I'm building up a lot of unexchanged and wondering if the value is reported accurately.

Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:25:44 AM

For those who are saying they got the best payout yet, what server were you on and how long have you been mining. I've been mining for 20 days on the US server, and yesterday was not a good payout. I was under the impression all servers were running the same code now...
+1. My payout was not the best ever or the best since the beginning of the year. I only got $5 more than what I would have gotten mining straight LTC. I've had days where I make $30-$40 over LTC mining (which is almost twice as much as mining LTC straight), even this year, so not during the doge boom
CaptainBeck

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:26:06 AM

Question, does the value of unexchanged coins get updated? What I mean is, when coins get added to unexchanged they have a certain BTC value at that moment in time, however they might be a lot lower or higher a few hours after while remaining unexchanged. I'm building up a lot of unexchanged and wondering if the value is reported accurately.

It should convert over, my understanding was that was the BTC price we got paid for it, but we are still waiting for it to come off the exchanges which can take a while. The immature funds are more likely to change in price because we are waiting for those to come out of the blockchain.
vex_zg

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:29:13 AM

Surely there is no "frontiering" its just frontier. My spell check seems to think that way.

Why do they take so dam long, surely both the BTC and the cash is already there so u just exchange them, the only hard part is taking the fiat out of the system, because thats when laws and govs set involved, but BTC to fiat should be an eassy swap between two accounts.

Bitstamp seems to do it within couple of days, gox from what I've read takes very long. I'm not sure the problem is with banks, they should like to have new big customers, if you are a millions per month company, banks should be happy to get you - if one bank is too slow for your - you can change it. I'm not sure where the actual problem is.
Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:31:32 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 09:48:01 AM by Shaban

It's definitely a business for h2o! He's pulling in over $3,000 PER DAY. That's $1,095,000 a year!

And that's not counting how much he makes off of cryptsy points through auto trading
CaptainBeck

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:33:12 AM

Bitstamp seems to do it within couple of days, gox from what I've read takes very long. I'm not sure the problem is with banks, they should like to have new big customers, if you are a millions per month company, banks should be happy to get you - if one bank is too slow for your - you can change it. I'm not sure where the actual problem is.

From what i've heard from a lot of people the hold ups is between the trade person to person (btc to fiat) which i dont get why that take times. Surely thats the easy part from the system?Huh
vex_zg

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:38:25 AM

Well the business, or endeavor, is what you make it. You can do it wild west style, or you can do it the proper way. I would spend up to 30% of the cash on hiring people for PR and stability improvements, but that's just me. Take a look at how the hashcows handled their big issue, that's how you handle problems. Now if only I didn't have a well paid job and a family, and had a little bit more hair.... oh wait, that's not needed Smiley

Anyway - times were good for a while, people could put up with issues while the profits were high, but now the focus should move to stability, support and PR. A lot of people invested their hard earned cash into rigs, and that should, must, be treated with respect.

jam3zs

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:29:00 AM

For those who are saying they got the best payout yet, what server were you on and how long have you been mining. I've been mining for 20 days on the US server, and yesterday was not a good payout. I was under the impression all servers were running the same code now...

It is the same code, but it's not always the same coins we're mining and it's not always the same amount of coins being traded in.

I think the confusion for some people is that this isn't one big social all mine, all share pool.
The pool keeps track of what you've mined and when you've mined it. You can't directly compare your 2Mh/s with someone else 2Mh/s, not even on the same server.
Some of his coins might have sold, while yours haven't. Your coins will sell next day, with a higher priority of course.
Or a particular coin can crash and h2o will have to sit on it for several days before he can trade it.
The altcoin market is very fluid and he's moving coins generated from over 11Gh/s of mining power these days.

My point is that it's not just a simple y Mh/s = x dollars formula, and it never will be. It's a lot more complicated than this.

And for what it's worth, today's payout was average for me, nothing special. But I got a ton of unexchanged coins, so it'll be better tomorrow.

Agreed!
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:16:00 AM

The bug we had, where we got 1% extra rejects that said "duplicate share" has been resolved.

Does it mean that its ok to go --no-submit-stale again?

+1
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:24:57 AM

The bug we had, where we got 1% extra rejects that said "duplicate share" has been resolved.

Does it mean that its ok to go --no-submit-stale again?

+1

You should never have --no-submit-stale for coin switching pools.  CGMiner will think some shares are stale when they actually aren't so you should always submit everything. If you enable that, you're essentially throwing money away.

ak111in

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:35:56 AM

Is the accepted MH/s on the website correct, for me it is showing 1.07 instead of 2.5 also the total has reduced to 7100 instead of 10000+ ?
testthewhiterabbit

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:11:59 PM

Is the accepted MH/s on the website correct, for me it is showing 1.07 instead of 2.5 also the total has reduced to 7100 instead of 10000+ ?

I'm getting a similar error, only 40% of what I should actually be submitting.
KOTKA

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:16:33 PM

Can someboy tell me how much BTC can 1m hashrate make per day please?

Yersteday it was 4 $ !!!
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:19:22 PM

Can someboy tell me how much BTC can 1m hashrate make per day please?

Yersteday it was 4 $ !!!

My 6.5 MH made 65 dollars at the last payout. Today seems less so far, but I have a ton of unexchanged building up.

Mikk36

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:39:15 PM

Kraken has been next-day deliver so far for SEPA payments in my little group.
jam3zs

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:12:13 PM

Kraken has been next-day deliver so far for SEPA payments in my little group.

I have yet to make my first real life withdrawal from BTC to GBP. As I understand I'm probably going to have to use Kraken to do a SEPA transfer into Euro's? to my British Sterling bank account...

Could anyone confirm this (I have googled it but not had much luck

I've never done a SEPA payment before, so i wouldn't know where to begin but I guess if I phone my bank and give them the details from Kraken they'll know what I'm going on about?

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: