Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How should you measure profits?  (Read 379 times)
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:35:46 AM

Current portfolio value - initial investment, in USD of course.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
GraciousBanshee47

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:37:33 AM

Measuring it by percentage is the best way to do so. Measuring gains via Fiat conversion doesn't accurately say how well you did on your trades.
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:40:28 AM

If you aim to get more BTC as many as you can you should measure it in satoshis instead of fiat.

RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:05:53 PM

In my opinion, it should be denominated in French currency, because I am buying the cryptocurrency via fiat money, and eventually I will change it to legal coin, so I should use the legal coin to calculate it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:43:22 PM

My aim is to have more btc's not to gain more usd,because satoshi flactuates and usd doesnt.

KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:58:33 PM

Should we measure our investment returns in fiat or in BTC? Does it only depend on when you want to cash out in fiat?
I've been measuring my investment returns in fiat, and it was almost always going up. But when it comes to BTC it actually went down. Should we cash out our alts into bitcoin and accumulate more?

If you're interested in the topic and have similar dilemma, then I recommend you watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkKYuoRg6jM

Myself I measure profits in USD. It's easier for me to monitor my money this way. It' harder for me to know how much money I have when there are 14, 89 or 100 BTC in my balance (this was just an example, I don't have that much).
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:16:59 PM

You should measure profit based on bitcoin, not USD or any FIAT when trading. But if when cashing out you should think about FIAT/USD. The price fluctuates a lot so measuring profit in fiat is absolute. But it depends on peoples preference. Some people likes to measure profit based on fiat, so if they do make more btc they end up with less fiat due to price fall. The vise versa applies too.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

I think profit should be measured in relation to the amount initially invested.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Should we measure our investment returns in fiat or in BTC? Does it only depend on when you want to cash out in fiat?
I've been measuring my investment returns in fiat, and it was almost always going up. But when it comes to BTC it actually went down. Should we cash out our alts into bitcoin and accumulate more?

If you're interested in the topic and have similar dilemma, then I recommend you watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkKYuoRg6jM
Calculate every piece of it and multiply it by the value or price. Dont know how to put it right in words though but i have some calculations about how to identify the huge or potential profit from it. If lucky it would be doubled or tripled. Measure it by 1 or the equivalent of every piece of it and multiply it by your target price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: