Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Crypto wallet ?  (Read 264 times)
jr.coastapps

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:17:02 AM

I Think myetherwallet is best for altcoins and Coinbase is for BTC.
ambnet7

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:49:10 PM

I found these information while I was surfing in the internet. Hope this will be helpful.
"A hardware wallet is a physical electronic device, built for the sole purpose of securing bitcoins.
The core innovation is that the hardware wallet must be connected to your computer, phone, or tablet before bitcoins may be spent.
Hardware wallets are a good choice if you’re serious about security and convenient, reliable Bitcoin storage.
Bitcoin hardware wallets keep private keys separate from vulnerable, internet-connected devices.
As bitcoins are digital, cyber-criminals could, potentially, target your computer’s “software wallet” and steal them by accessing your private key.
Generating and storing private keys offline using a hardware wallet ensures that hackers have no way to reach your bitcoins."
simantobd

Activity: 162
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:02:34 PM

Hi

::)New to the crypto world. which wallet do you recommend for beginners? this for both bitcoins and altcoins? how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

many thanks

for bitcoin you can use blockchain(online wallet),you can also use desktop wallet for high security. fro alt coin use MEW and you can also use their official wallet
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:34:12 PM

Hi

::)New to the crypto world. which wallet do you recommend for beginners? this for both bitcoins and altcoins? how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

many thanks

If you're just beginning you can use a simple online wallet like blockchain.info. However, that's currently only for bitcoin which is difficult to use right now due to higher network fees. To experiment you might want to start with a simple wallet like Electrum (for Bitcoin) or Electrum-LTC (for Litecoin) which don't download the whole blockchain and allow you to become familiar with making transactions. As you buy bigger amounts consider buying a hardware wallet like Ledger (https://www.ledgerwallet.com/) to keep funds safe and in your own control. Try not to leave a lot of funds in online wallets you don't control.
component9

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:53:45 PM

There's a good thread about wallets here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

Desktop, mobile, online, hardware wallets, etc
coinsensus21

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:52:02 PM

electrum
StefanPLU

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:03:39 PM

Exodus, Coinomi, Jaxx are all options for multi-coin wallets but it really depends on what you're trading, you could need other wallets If the one I mentioned don't support what you're looking for.

One of my friends uses Nano S Wallet, is this also safe to use? Also is there any differences between those wallets ?
Combat393

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

I'm voting for FreeWallet. Use it for three month already and never get any problem. Saved a bunch of money on fees. They offer 0% transaction fee for BTC inside there system. And outside fee also good. But it's not that good for little cheap coins, because the system does not always cope with the load. But support solve problems fast enough.
Roofer111

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:31:17 AM

I'm voting for FreeWallet. Use it for three month already and never get any problem. Saved a bunch of money on fees. They offer 0% transaction fee for BTC inside there system. And outside fee also good. But it's not that good for little cheap coins, because the system does not always cope with the load. But support solve problems fast enough.

I also use freewallet and I'm very satisfied with it
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: