Poll
Question: Do you like this idea?
Yes, I'd play
No, I won't play
Yes but.... (explain in reply)
Indifferent

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Lottery  (Read 1633 times)
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:42:24 PM

So I'm trying to figure out if the idea of a mini lottery is interesting to people here.  It'd be along the lines of some other posts I've seen here where it's anywhere from 5-10 people per "round".

Here's my plan for how it would work:
1 - I'll get a random number from random.org ranging from 1-(number of players per round).
2 - A hash will be posted that is made from number + salt.
3 - The hash is posted before entries into the round.
4 - I'll pull the order of the entries from however blockexplorer shows them, so it's also kind of random if two come in the same block.
5 - Once enough entries for the round have been put in I release what number it was, and the salt I used to make the hash.  This ensures that I am not changing results.

For running it I'd take a few % cut, don't know exactly yet... but it would not be a big one.

Please post your feedback, let me know if the bitcoin gambling community would like this.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 08:37:31 PM

Ooops. I didn't see this till I posted Lucky Hex.  Embarrassed
I should have talked to you first!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:47:31 PM

Ooops. I didn't see this till I posted Lucky Hex.  Embarrassed
I should have talked to you first!

I'd probably run it at a little higher entry fee, depending on the feedback I get.... so not a big deal.

That also means if anyone is interested, let me know what you want from this.  I'm only going to actually do this if people give some feedback as to what kind of lottery they want.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 08:51:29 PM

I won't be offended but honored if you used the same system but different price. It would be easy to make it 1/16, 1/8, 3/16 etc. but you would have to have extra to cover a winning streak or something.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
MtRev

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 12:17:24 AM

weren't you just bashing on gambling type games on here and now you making a lotto? lol

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 12:18:57 AM

weren't you just bashing on gambling type games on here and now you making a lotto? lol

Not really bashing, just playing devil's advocate... and hating on how some are setup/run/etc.
MacMiner

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:04:17 PM

I try to make this kind of game some weeks ago (before Lucky Hex), but there is one problem with the random number, you will know it, you can play to win.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: