Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:58:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my MyEtherWallet/account was emptied  (Read 2187 times)
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:41:16 AM

Ohh mate that sounds really bad. I advise you to take two new eth adress to use one as backup. Distribute and reduce your risk.  When you make a mistake like that, collect your money into the backup adress immediately.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
purangko

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:56:01 PM

Oh! that's a big mistake. There is no chance to get back your money. Anyone are able to view the spreadsheet and once they notice that there is a private key on the record they are like a racer who race for the first position to access your account and get anything that has a value on your wallet. So, move on even it's hurt. There is always good return to those who act ethical and moral. You will be blessed more than what you lost.

vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:05:29 AM

I know my chances are practically 0%, but maybe somebody has an idea.

I did a huge mistake and lost 10k $ after I put (copy & paste) my Privatekey (instead of my address) into a spreadsheet... so all my assets had been transferred to https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065
and sitting there since... is there anything I can do (beside hitting my head against an stone) ?

Thanks in advance
A first stupid, now desperate guy
Its sad to say that you can't do anything about it even if you contact the help and support of myetherwallet, because one of the rules and policies stated in my myetherwallet that "Myetherwallet.com does not hold your pivate keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys,reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. protect your keys and always check that you are in correct URL. You are responsible for your security."
But its not the end for you don't take it as negative. Start a new one, lets learn from our own mistakes to ensure to achieve what are goals
Hope that this incident/ misfortune would be the last.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:42:16 AM

I did a huge mistake and lost 10k $ after I put (copy & paste) my Privatekey (instead of my address) into a spreadsheet... so all my assets had been transferred to https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065
and sitting there since... is there anything I can do (beside hitting my head against an stone) ?

Thanks in advance
What a disaster.....
Its really a sad and devastating if that kind of misfortune happens to ones person, It is just because all your efforts earning such amount will be good for nothing.
In this situation you can't do anything about it, you cant retrieve any of your tokens that are been taken from you it is because its your own fault and MyEtherWallet will not do anything to retrieve or even recover any of this coins/tokens because its against their rules and policies..
The only one that i think you can do on your case is that contact the owner of the wallet who received all your earnings and beg for his/her kindness to return what he/ she stole from you... Or just be it, start for a new one and learn from your own mistakes to avoid such missfortune.

Scheede (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:36:05 PM

Well, finally I found Mr.X, at least the one how has taken 2 OMG off my MEW for sure...

So what to do with him? My first intention is: write him a PM and ask for his fairness...

what would you guys do?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
dustboy

Merit: 517

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:01:19 PM

Well, finally I found Mr.X, at least the one how has taken 2 OMG off my MEW for sure...

So what to do with him? My first intention is: write him a PM and ask for his fairness...

what would you guys do?

First of all sorry for what happens with you, secondly if you have found the person then you can try to contact him personally. Ask him politely to send your money back, although I doubt he will send it back to you. At least you should try it first, maybe ask some percents of it only. Lets say 50;50 or any amount you wish. Nothing else you can do except trying to ask him.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:52:17 AM

what would you guys do?

First of all sorry for what happens with you, secondly if you have found the person then you can try to contact him personally. Ask him politely to send your money back, although I doubt he will send it back to you. At least you should try it first, maybe ask some percents of it only. Lets say 50;50 or any amount you wish. Nothing else you can do except trying to ask him.

There's no way that guy will ever return his money. He would just ignore him so just move on and I think op has a habit of being careless because $10k is not a small amount and I would be making 10x or more checking before I complete that transaction.
SandraStark

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:46:10 PM

Yes, in fact it is a pity that you made such a mistake. And it's a pity that there are those who immediately took advantage of this chance and dared to sin. No matter how stupid it may sound, but still I advise you not to be upset, because if a person does that, then he will not return anything. But you can try to write in support. They know better how to be in this situation.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

I will suggest you to write to him and ask for the OMG. Perhaps, you can ask a mod for help if he refused to cooperate. Why do you think he took 2 OMG coin only? How about the rest of the coins?
cupsdolphin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

I always hate reading these stories:( The lessons learned are brutal in crypto. A month after I started researching and trading cryptocurrencies I ordered a Ledger Nano S. That is a hardware wallet and it was cheaper than I thought it would have been.

With the Nano S. you can connect to MEW and use that interface. The fancy thing is that you must physically press a button on the Nano S. to approve any transaction. That way someone cannot steal your coins unless he:
1) Steal your Nano S. and guess the pin code (up to 8 digits) in max three tries at which point it gets locked
2) Get a hold of your recovery phrases which you should have written down on a piece of paper (24 words).

I have ordered 2 more Nano S. and am going to clone the one I have and place them at my family in case there is a fire or something else in my apartment. Only thing that keeps me nervous is the 24-word recovery phrases I have on a paper. Where to store that safely.. hmm.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

Thanks in advance
do not have the best solution to restore all your assets.. mistakes are so often I see it sorry for the fate that befall you.. often meticulous in making decisions do not be reckless and do not despair.. missing is just forget assume you give alms to people who cannot afford..
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

what would you guys do?
Who is he?
As you mentioned PM he obviously has account here, so best thing would be to share his profile with rest of us.
Maybe just maybe he will return money to you.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:55:26 PM

I have also lost money doing stupid things. All I can really say is that you must always double check, heck check 5x that you have the right info before you send any info to any form or anywhere online. You should not allow yourself access to the privatekey that way you cannot make mistakes like this again. Sorry about what happened but don't give up you can make the money back and more.

numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 12:11:27 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 12:21:58 AM by numpadxx5

Thanks in advance

I almost had that mistake once . That's why we should not save the private key and the address on one notepad or doc . I hope you get your tokens back .Even you have less chance . Lesson learned ,Move on and Create new wallet. I hope it will not happen to you again .
Skyrah2008

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:00:30 AM

Thanks in advance

10k$ was not a joke amountits a huge amount actually, in my country its equivalent of half million actually. So sad that there is  no chance for you to get it back dude. the only thing you can do is to watch it where is it going to transfer in the eth wallet. But don't commit suicide just because of this mistakes mate, i know its not that easy to accept but try to think positively and be calm down as much as possible.
Scheede (OP)

Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:21:07 AM

Thanks in advance

10k$ was not a joke amountits a huge amount actually, in my country its equivalent of half million actually. So sad that there is  no chance for you to get it back dude. the only thing you can do is to watch it where is it going to transfer in the eth wallet. But don't commit suicide just because of this mistakes mate, i know its not that easy to accept but try to think positively and be calm down as much as possible.

Thanks a lot for taking time and sending warm words, this is good to see & feels well Smiley

Well, those $10k have exactly been 28 ETH what -by the time of writing- are $20k and yes, no - 4 months later I still think about it from time to time, but I (mentally) I recovered soon after the OP, when I have been travelling around Spain, enjoy the wheater & the people, read about "the flow of money" (what comes will go someday) - so I never felt like I want to hurt myself - well for being that stupid I really wanted to hit my head against a wall - but just a little bit ... Smiley
So this incident is a part of my story now, I did learn a lot and maybe with talking & writing about it I could raise awareness for the one or the other to avoid something similar happens to him or her... Smiley

That said: "Money is just money" and "life is beautiful"!!! Peace!

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:38:52 AM

It will be sad to say but its not security problem of myetherwallet. It is your own fault. But I don't say its impossible thing to happen. It is hard to take care of numbers. Many times I burnt fees because of this. So stay cold blooded. It happened. Nothing you can do.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████