Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Profitable these days?  (Read 685 times)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

Yesterday I talked with the person who is engaged in mining. He bought equipment for 3000 drolars. A month receives about 0.6 ethereum. I do not know whether this is profitable or not ....

Lol ... You're nuts dude.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
chriss0r

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

Go find a coin that's minable with low hardware requirement. e.g. you can mine monero in a pool with your CPU. Or try BTX with a state of the art GPU. Like others said before, make a quick check at https://whattomine.com and compare.
Freelancer76

Activity: 386
Merit: 10

Hello fellow miners

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:51:44 PM

Yeah, mining is profitable again, but always be careful, things can change in just few days, dont invest what you are not prepared to loose.
1070 is one of the best cards in the market, go mine Equihash coins and you will be fine.
gotminer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:05:41 PM

Yeah, mining is profitable again, but always be careful, things can change in just few days, dont invest what you are not prepared to loose.
1070 is one of the best cards in the market, go mine Equihash coins and you will be fine.

You don't lose your hardware if mining temporarily or permanently becomes unprofitable.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
chriss0r

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:21:54 PM

You don't lose your hardware if mining temporarily or permanently becomes unprofitable.

But you burn it whith mining ^^
gotminer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:30:13 PM

GPU's don't come equipped with odometers.

drunkenone

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:32:00 PM

Nope
GothicTauren48

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:07:40 AM

Nope

Mining is still profitable bro. Don't mine in bitcoin, for sure you will just be wasting your time. Mine altcoins, there are many altcoins that have potentials in the market and do allow mining in them.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:07:27 AM

Well its basically triple the profitability from exactly 1 year ago.

I assumed it wouldn't be a profitable year 2017 but I was wrong.

Mostly because ETH promised POS to start in 2017 but they are way off schedule.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
fraggyb_

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:48:38 PM

I can't see mining not being profitable for a long while yet.  People want coins but also the convenience of buying them, which is hard enough for the average new user in crypto.  Unless everything suddenly turns into POS, mining is safe for a good while yet.
I am still getting a lot of profit with Etherum because the price of Etherum is rising a lot while the difficulty remains. Etherum miners are earning high profits every day. You might consider switching to the big altcoin to conduct the extraction to get bigger profits.

I've been mining various neoscrypt coins lately and then just sell/exchange those for ETH/XMR etc
jrrccmining

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:03:02 PM

Nope

I would love to hear your (and other's) opinion about why mining is not profitable, and what you are doing that makes it not profitable.

Let's look at the portion of my farm mining ZEC--of which I have 14 GPUs.

It costs an average of $5.79 per day to run all of them for 24 hours. In the last month I mined 4.18 ZEC. ZEC is currently trading right around $500 on Bittrexx (which is much lower than it was trading yesterday actually).

This means I've spent about $175 in electricity and have $2,090 in ZEC as a result. All in all, depending on fluctuations in BTC (the underlying currency that everything trades against), these 14 GPUs average a daily profit of $50-$85--consistently hovering in the $70s.

Mining can be extremely profitable if you know what you're doing, manage your farm correctly, make sure the pool you're with is getting you what the calculators say your setup should earn, and are adjusting/monitoring everything on a daily basis.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:35:19 PM

Nope

I would love to hear your (and other's) opinion about why mining is not profitable, and what you are doing that makes it not profitable.

Let's look at the portion of my farm mining ZEC--of which I have 14 GPUs.

It costs an average of $5.79 per day to run all of them for 24 hours. In the last month I mined 4.18 ZEC. ZEC is currently trading right around $500 on Bittrexx (which is much lower than it was trading yesterday actually).

This means I've spent about $175 in electricity and have $2,090 in ZEC as a result. All in all, depending on fluctuations in BTC (the underlying currency that everything trades against), these 14 GPUs average a daily profit of $50-$85--consistently hovering in the $70s.

Mining can be extremely profitable if you know what you're doing, manage your farm correctly, make sure the pool you're with is getting you what the calculators say your setup should earn, and are adjusting/monitoring everything on a daily basis.

You`re not getting the meaning of that "Nope" obviously lol
And the whole calculus and wall of text...
Well, we are all miners (most) here and what we are especially butthurt about is a hashrate increase. So, any new guy popping up with "is mining profitable" is triggering the response. Also i believe that ppl are already fed up with newbros. But, we were all newbros once, so i feel for this guy. OT, mining can be very profitable, if you know what you are mining (hence the here domesticated phrase "only if you know what you are doing"), and if you don`t expect roi in 3 months. So, do some research (that way you`ll have to blame just yourself for failing, or feel like a boss for winning), not all profitable coins are on What to mine.
ilham nur77

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:29:20 AM

I think making the mining rig to be used as an investment is not to be the day-to-day income, for example, your mining Ethereum when the price is still 0.03 BTC and you hold your mining results until now I think it is profitable 0.04btc per 1 ETH

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: