Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto bank  (Read 3746 times)
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:52:59 PM

At the moment there is no bitcoin or another cryptocurrency based bank. Many people don't support this idea because they think existing of bitcoins bank would ruin it but in general I don't think this is such a bad idea because more financial bitcoin related services would be available to the users.
The reason why there is still no crypto banks, is because people are still not ready for the crypto currencies yet, all the people are using fiat and trying to change the way they are used to pay with a new thing is something really hard, so maybe when crypto currencies start becoming something they we use every day crypto banks will become a thing.

Or probably crypto banks will exist when countries develop their own cryptocurrency

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:56:19 PM

At the moment there is no bitcoin or another cryptocurrency based bank. Many people don't support this idea because they think existing of bitcoins bank would ruin it but in general I don't think this is such a bad idea because more financial bitcoin related services would be available to the users.
The reason why there is still no crypto banks, is because people are still not ready for the crypto currencies yet, all the people are using fiat and trying to change the way they are used to pay with a new thing is something really hard, so maybe when crypto currencies start becoming something they we use every day crypto banks will become a thing.

Or probably crypto banks will exist when countries develop their own cryptocurrency

Maybe, but I don't see any sense in creating your own cryptocurrency if it's going to have no difference between that one and the paper money. There are more disadvantages than advantages by the way. Even if it's going to be easier to use, keep in mind that we will have absolutely everything controlled. So you will have to probably pay taxes even for a buck that you received as a gift from your parents. I don't see any pros when it comes to a cryptocurrency created by governments. If that is the case, I would totally prefer paper.

GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:30:48 AM

Define "crypto bank". Technically exchanges like Coinbase could be considered "crypto banks", no?
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:10:50 AM

Define "crypto bank". Technically exchanges like Coinbase could be considered "crypto banks", no?
Maybe, but the thing is they do not give interest on our deposits like the banks does and they have no insurance on our deposits. I don't their can be a bank like system implementation in real life because in the first place, bitcoin is decentralized.

It's two different system that cannot run or merge as one. We can call any exchanges as bank as we need them to trade our bitcoins into fiat.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
aolley

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:31:19 AM

As far as I know, there is no such thing called bitcoin-friendly bank as well as bitcoin-based bank. Because bitcoin is designed to create freedom in money for people by eliminating third parties with the help of blockchain technology and it's doing just fine, why would we need someone to go against that? Besides, banks don't prefer the idea of bitcoin as it can make fiat money to lose balance, so it's no point in getting a bitcoin bank.

There is no reason banks can't use bitcoin though, and if they use an off-chain ledger like most every crypto business does then there is no transparency anyway. All the more reason people shouldn't trust anything that doesn't give them control of their secret keys.

See my cold hard storage device at: Keyois.com
Fabricus (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:37:21 PM

The way is see a "crypto bank" is actually like an exchange... a centralised hub to do things in relation with the centralised system (direct debit, debit card, etc.) based on the most beautiful decentralised system / currency ;-)

Bitcoin debit cards already exist (load/unload in bitcoin and withdraw at ATM machine) , just follow my signature you will get 25% discount on your btc debit card)

Right about the credential.. but believe I've tried many banks, sending them as much credential as you like as soon as you say the word "BITCOIN" they shut the door on you ;-)
Fabricus (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:43:22 PM

For me a crypto bank would be something like an exchange but much easier for the general public and it would have to be compatible with the banking services like SWIFT, SEPA, etc. (both for deposit and payment, like the direct debit to pay your taxes / bills Wink).
Bibite

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:40:31 PM

For me a crypto bank would be something like an exchange but much easier for the general public and it would have to be compatible with the banking services like SWIFT, SEPA, etc. (both for deposit and payment, like the direct debit to pay your taxes / bills Wink).

A mix with banks and exchanges
It will be great
Like you can send and receive crypto and get it converted in the bank system with the fiat equivalent
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:50:37 PM

It will be great
Like you can send and receive crypto and get it converted in the bank system with the fiat equivalent
One day I don't think fiat will exist. If BTC is still volatile two decades from now and BTC is used around the globe as the primary currency, maybe we'll use fiat to set prices for things as we do now. Then when we go to purchase items or sell items, we determine how many BTC to buy/sell for depending on the fiat price that was set for the item. But that's all fiat will be, a way to set prices. Other than that, it will be dead. That of course is an extreme of what could happen, what I want to happen.
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:20:34 PM

The way is see a "crypto bank" is actually like an exchange... a centralised hub to do things in relation with the centralised system (direct debit, debit card, etc.) based on the most beautiful decentralised system / currency ;-)

Bitcoin debit cards already exist (load/unload in bitcoin and withdraw at ATM machine) , just follow my signature you will get 25% discount on your btc debit card)

Right about the credential.. but believe I've tried many banks, sending them as much credential as you like as soon as you say the word "BITCOIN" they shut the door on you ;-)

Thats not right to shut the door for us, because the opportunity for us is there already all we have to do is to explain to those banks the assurance that bitcoin has, for me converting bitcoin to fiat currency is the right option to do before saving your crypto currency to bank. In my country only one bank do have an optional crypto converted withdrawal transaction through cash out and hopefully in the future years they will fully adopt bitcoin as cryto bank option of deposits to make more convenience for us users who spend this kind of currency.

Bibite

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:26:45 PM

It will be great
One day I don't think fiat will exist. If BTC is still volatile two decades from now and BTC is used around the globe as the primary currency, maybe we'll use fiat to set prices for things as we do now. Then when we go to purchase items or sell items, we determine how many BTC to buy/sell for depending on the fiat price that was set for the item. But that's all fiat will be, a way to set prices. Other than that, it will be dead. That of course is an extreme of what could happen, what I want to happen.
I think you are right, it is totally possible.
It remember a little when they started to introduce us the €, supermarkets were displaying 2 prices; 1 in the old currency and 1 in euo
I can easy imagine tht with Bitcoin
 Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: